• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 15: Denver Broncos at Kansas City Chiefs

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game sets up very similar to the last time the Broncos and Chiefs played. Broncos coming off 2 wins and Mahomes is coming in a little beat up. The difference this time however the Broncos offense seems to be moving in a direction to be more effective. The Broncos have 4 future stars on Offense in my opinion, in Fant, Lindsay, Lock, and Sutton. You could add Freeman in there too, but for some reason there do not seem to be enough carries for both to really shine.

I am cautiously optimistic going into this game as the Chiefs seem to be a bit off this year. If the Broncos Defense play well, this should be a good game.

Tomorrow I will post how each team ranks.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also - just like the Texans - the Chiefs come off a big win at home against the Patriots. The Chiefs clinched the AFC West title. It would be human to have a let down against the Broncos after that achievement.

If Lock has the same kind of game against the Chiefs he had against the Texans - we will have to nail our sneakers to the ground - to keep from getting too giddy about the future.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also - just like the Texans - the Chiefs come off a big win at home against the Patriots. The Chiefs clinched the AFC West title. It would be human to have a let down against the Broncos after that achievement.

If Lock has the same kind of game against the Chiefs he had against the Texans - we will have to nail our sneakers to the ground - to keep from getting too giddy about the future.

Good point on the Chiefs coming off a big win and locking up the AFC West title.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point on the Chiefs coming off a big win and locking up the AFC West title.

They’re still in the running for a first round bye and even HFA though so I wouldn’t expect them to have too big a letdown.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They’re still in the running for a first round bye and even HFA though so I wouldn’t expect them to have too big a letdown.

Really their only hope is that Buffalo beats the Patriots. I could see that happening though. The Patriots are a shadow of their former selves.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really their only hope is that Buffalo beats the Patriots. I could see that happening though. The Patriots are a shadow of their former selves.

Weird things happen. The Ravens appear to have things locked up but you never know. The Chiefs now have tie breakers over the #1 and #2 seed and will be going all in hoping the Ravens stumble and help them get that HFA. This is exciting for us because even though the Broncos aren’t going to the playoffs this game is going to be a playoff atmosphere out there in KC. It’s a great opportunity for our young offense to test its mettle again.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is how both of these teams rank going into the game Sunday:
Denver Broncos:
Offense:
Total: Ranks 27th with 303.1 yards per game.
Rushing: Ranks 18th with 106.9 yards per game.
Passing: Ranks 29th with 196.2 yards per game.
Scoring: Ranks 27th with 18.2 points per game.

Defense:
Total: Ranks 12th with 331.2 yards per game.
Rushing: Ranks 21st with 115.2 yards per game.
Passing: Ranks 6th with 215.9 yards per game.
Scoring: Ranks 10th with 20.1 points per game.

Turnover Differential: Ranks 14th +1 turnover differential.

Kansas City Chiefs:
Offense:
Total: Ranks 6th with 381.7 yards per game.
Rushing: Ranks 27th with 93.0 yards per game.
Passing: Ranks 4th with 288.7 yards per game.
Scoring: Ranks 4th with 28.5 points per game.

Defense:
Total: Ranks 20th with 364.8 yards per game.
Rushing: Ranks 28th with 139.2 yards per game.
Passing: Ranks 12th with 227.2 yards per game.
Scoring: Ranks 14th with 21.6 yards per game.

Turnover Differential: Ranks 7th with +7 turnover differential.

The thing I notice is as the offense improves the defense is sliding a little.

The key for the Broncos here will be to keep it close so they can not become one dimensional. If they can start fast like last week that would be a huge plus too. Either way this will be another great learning experience for the young offensive players going into KC where it is always loud and and a tough place to play.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Btw, Noah Fant is emerging into a star. The game is starting to slow down. He is gonna be a nightmare matchup with his speed and size. He’s really is really amping it up now. Next year he is gonna be great. You can see it coming. He gets great separation and runs so well after the catch.

He Lock and Risner are very close to each other.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Btw, Noah Fant is emerging into a star. The game is starting to slow down. He is gonna be a nightmare matchup with his speed and size. He’s really is really amping it up now. Next year he is gonna be great. You can see it coming. He gets great separation and runs so well after the catch.

He Lock and Risner are very close to each other.

I don’t think I’ve ever been so excited about the future of the Broncos quite like this. It’s been a long time since we’ve had such a young core like this springing up on offense. The defense is more veteran but there are a couple young pieces emerging there too that could be around for a while even after the guys like Miller Wolfe and CHJ are gone.

I really want the Broncos to go into KC and serve notice to the Chiefs that their little soirée atop the AFC West is about to come to an end. Plus dealing them a loss puts a huge dent in their chances to earn a first round bye.

The Chargers and Raiders have so much to do to get to a competent level. The Broncos haven’t proven anything yet but they appear to be heading in the right direction. They’re going to push the Chiefs for the division next year.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I posted this in another thread, but it didn't really go with the thread I posted it in so.

You can tell teammates really like Drew Lock and seem a lot more upbeat with him at QB.

Flacco has a dud personality. Lock is out there having more fun, and it is showing with the way the team is playing.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I posted this in another thread, but it didn't really go with the thread I posted it in so.

You can tell teammates really like Drew Lock and seem a lot more upbeat with him at QB.

Flacco has a dud personality. Lock is out there having more fun, and it is showing with the way the team is playing.

Completely agree. The way this team is playing right now is spirited and inspired. It’s the opposite of when Flacco was the QB. I won’t be surprised to see them jump out in front of the Chiefs the way they’ve done to all but one opponent since Flacco went to IR.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate the Chiefs.

That’s all I have to say about that.

I don’t hate them, they’re just a football club trying to do what football clubs are supposed to do. Mahommes and Reid both are quality guys. Even Kelce seems to have matured. T. Hill can burn in hell, as can every other child abuser. Other than him it isn’t the Chiefs as a group I hate it’s the brand. But even as I say that it’s a fun hate: sports rivalries are supposed to be fun and if you’re the Broncos this rivalry with the Chiefs is awesome because despite some down years for the Broncos right now, you can ask EVERY SINGLE CHIEFS FAN IN EXISTENCE if they’d swap their team’s success for ours and they would say yes.

Right, @Clayton?

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lock's kc connection - makes for an interesting sub-plot. You always hurt the team you love - they say.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lock's kc connection - makes for an interesting sub-plot. You always hurt the team you love - they say.
Pretty deep connection - his dad was an OL in college, and his position coach his senior year? Andy Reid

Reactions: CEH

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Shane Ray would beg to differ.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Win or lose, I am thrilled to see how this young offense responds to a hostile environment at Arrowhead. There isn’t anyone in the country who's not a Broncos fan giving them a shot, and if they go in with a chip they could shock the league.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t hate them, they’re just a football club trying to do what football clubs are supposed to do. Mahommes and Reid both are quality guys. Even Kelce seems to have matured. T. Hill can burn in hell, as can every other child abuser. Other than him it isn’t the Chiefs as a group I hate it’s the brand. But even as I say that it’s a fun hate: sports rivalries are supposed to be fun and if you’re the Broncos this rivalry with the Chiefs is awesome because despite some down years for the Broncos right now, you can ask EVERY SINGLE CHIEFS FAN IN EXISTENCE if they’d swap their team’s success for ours and they would say yes.

Right, @Clayton?
FUKC