• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 14: Jets @ Seahawks. 4:05/1:05. FOX and CTV BC

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alex Smith was injured today... It could keep him out for next weeks game against us... I'd much rather face Haskins at QB...

Poor Alex, I always thought when he was a 49er that he was better than the team and was being blamed Then he had a few nice years in KC Also was not playing bad when his season and many though his career ended with that horrible injury. Now he is hurt again? I hope he can play and if he can't i hope he only misses 1 game. He deserves comeback player of the year.

Now about our QB, Wilson had a nice game and complete 78% of his passes, more than that actually as one was completed to the wrong team oof but still a nice game with 236 and 4. I think he could have had 300 and 5 had they kept him in. I have to ask though when was the last time Wilson was pulled in the 3rd Quarter? i do not think it has EVER happened! Hope it doesn't mess him up. Sorry but doing things out of character can really mess with peoples games, we have all seen it before.
News about Alex Smith:

SUN, DEC 13, 6:01 PMROTOWIRE.COM

Coach Ron Rivera said after Sunday's win over San Francisco that Smith (calf) was removed from the game for precautionary reasons due to muscle soreness, and the quarterback was available to go back in if something happened to backup Dwayne Haskins, Kyle Stackpole of the Washington Football Team's official site reports.

Spin: X-rays on Smith's leg didn't reveal any damage besides the tightness and muscle soreness, so the veteran will likely be available to start Washington's Week 15 matchup against Seattle barring any setbacks in practice this week. Haskins struggled after Smith's departure as Washington leaned on its defense and running game to secure the win, so Smith should remain the starter when healthy for a team that now sits alone atop the NFC East standings.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Split, where were you at in AZ during the game?
If you're ever in or around Phoenix when there is a Seahawk game on TV you need to go this little bar in Scottsdale called The Skeptical Chymist. It is an insanely intense, insanely loud, 100% Seahawks bar/Irish pub, and when you're there during a game it's almost as good as being at Lumen field in person. God dam they go crazy in that place and they pack it as full as possible (pre-Covid) with Seahawk fans.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're ever in or around Phoenix when there is a Seahawk game on TV you need to go this little bar in Scottsdale called The Skeptical Chymist. It is an insanely intense, insanely loud, 100% Seahawks bar/Irish pub, and when you're there during a game it's almost as good as being at Lumen field in person. God dam they go crazy in that place and they pack it as full as possible (pre-Covid) with Seahawk fans.

You say lumen field and I go what? where's that??

Sigh....

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You say lumen field and I go what? where's that??

Sigh....

Ya, I wavered on that. I considered calling it Centurylink but I figure we may as well get used to calling it by the new name. It took me quite a while to stop it calling it Qwest when they first changed it too.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah man, I actually live in Gilbert just SE of Phoenix. I've been to the Skeptical Chemist before, really cool pub. Only problem is we are a good hour from there so once you have a few beers among friends it gets pretty pricey paying for the ride home. Gotta convince the wife to DD one of these times, the games are always rowdy even if it's just my wife and I in our living room. I blame the Hawks, they force us to drink too much most weeks; although Geno put me to sleep in the fourth last week so that was nice :D

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah man, I actually live in Gilbert just SE of Phoenix. I've been to the Skeptical Chemist before, really cool pub. Only problem is we are a good hour from there so once you have a few beers among friends it gets pretty pricey paying for the ride home. Gotta convince the wife to DD one of these times, the games are always rowdy even if it's just my wife and I in our living room. I blame the Hawks, they force us to drink too much most weeks; although Geno put me to sleep in the fourth last week so that was nice :D
My condo in Scottsdale was only 4 miles away. So it was perfect distance to go party there and then Uber home. I should say it was my old company's condo and I don't work for them anymore so no more condo for me. :Cry:

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Split, where were you at in AZ during the game?
Wife and I have a 2nd home near Phoenix, but this time we were checking out Tucson. Do you know the area?

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have been there. It is a 30 minute drive to get there from our house in Avondale. the SC is cool and always good to hang with Hawk fans during a game. There are gobs of displaced Hawk fans in Az.
There is now a new place over on the West side at the big mall in Glendale. Wife and I watched a game there last year, while a nice place, the vibe at SC is more Seahawkian.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wife and I have a 2nd home near Phoenix, but this time we were checking out Tucson. Do you know the area?
I go down to Tucson on a occasion for work, but haven't really ventured out beyond that other than grabbing dinner. Although, one of my favorite Mexican restaurants is down there, Guadalajara Grill. I highly recommend and suggest the Mocajete Bowls, unreal. They are the only place I've been, and in Phoenix there's a ton of good Mexican food, that makes tables side salsa fresh. Awesome!