• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week #14 Here comes Dallas!!

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They aren't emotionally attached, so they take their hearts out of the equation.
I think it’s a little more than that. Lol. Sharps were on the lions last week against the vikes

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Came in unprepared for Parsons which is strange, over matched up front, far too many TO's, penalties, poor play calling and an ineffective qb. Game really wasn't as close as the score indicated and the sa.e missed opportunities you mention keep happening with regularity. Brutal play today.
Perhaps next week they can play better in the 1st half giving themselves a chance to win. Today we opened up flat, slow, no fire or energy and could not overcome many, many factors.
I thought the Skins played well enough in the 2nd half aside from a handful of plays that really hurt them starting with Gibson's fumble. Patterson n Williams should play next week with Gibson being sat down.

I don't think Taylor needs to be sat down per se next week. At the same time. I wouldn't have any issue with Allen getting the call erither. Both Taylor and Gibson need to have come to Jesus moment far as the turnovers go cuz this Taylor's gotta be Taylor and Gibby's gotta be Gibby shit is not poppin.

I'm still a litt;e gun-shy as it concerns Holcomb (still not sure if he's playing over his head or if he's just settled in). I don't see why or how Collins can't or won't embrace his hybrid role. He's a baller at it.

Yeah, that was a fumble by Allen. That fumble by Gibson, drop by Carter and to a lesser extent the missed XP were daggers to the heart.

I liked the grit that was shown in the 2nd half by the Skins.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the Skins played well enough in the 2nd half aside from a handful of plays that really hurt them starting with Gibson's fumble. Patterson n Williams should play next week with Gibson being sat down.

I don't think Taylor needs to be sat down per se next week. At the same time. I wouldn't have any issue with Allen getting the call erither. Both Taylor and Gibson need to have come to Jesus moment far as the turnovers go cuz this Taylor's gotta be Taylor and Gibby's gotta be Gibby shit is not poppin.

I'm still a litt;e gun-shy as it concerns Holcomb (still not sure if he's playing over his head or if he's just settled in). I don't see why or how Collins can't or won't embrace his hybrid role. He's a baller at it.

Yeah, that was a fumble by Allen. That fumble by Gibson, drop by Carter and to a lesser extent the missed XP were daggers to the heart.

I liked the grit that was shown in the 2nd half by the Skins.
Can't argue much of the above except for Gibby is not sitting. Admittedly has a fumbling issue and cannot make excuses. The oline simply got their azzes kicked yesterday. TH seemed under duress all game long. When is the last time JDR came up with such an aggressive defensive game plan? We need better coaching and better play all around. They will not go to Allen if TH is capable of playing. As many have stated, you have to ride him out at this point as it is what it is. On a positive note I thought the run defense was solid. Big gapping holes in our zone coverages.
Agreed, erase the nightmare 1st half and turnovers this game is a different result imo.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When did JDR get players the caliber of Parson's and Gregory?

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regardless of what players you have or available, he needs to do a better job of placing the players he has at his disposal in better position to be successful. It's been an issue all year and for a defense that was touted preseason to be top 5, he has to take ownership of its failures. That's what most coaches do anyway.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Play like this? Undisputededly an disaster of a game. Injuries as well.
By "play like this" i meant the offense actually tried to do more than run up the middle, IMO the defense played very well.
Great learning experience, no reason they can't sweep Philly n NY. Hopefully Terry can play

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By "play like this" i meant the offense actually tried to do more than run up the middle, IMO the defense played very well.
Great learning experience, no reason they can't sweep Philly n NY. Hopefully Terry can play
Sorry, my misunderstanding. Agreed, the defense held their own given the circumstances they were put in repeatedly. I don't think we play that poorly again in these next 4 games. I also think they come to play against Dallas on the 26th.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
\
Can't argue much of the above except for Gibby is not sitting. Admittedly has a fumbling issue and cannot make excuses. The oline simply got their azzes kicked yesterday. TH seemed under duress all game long. When is the last time JDR came up with such an aggressive defensive game plan? We need better coaching and better play all around. They will not go to Allen if TH is capable of playing. As many have stated, you have to ride him out at this point as it is what it is. On a positive note I thought the run defense was solid. Big gapping holes in our zone coverages.
Agreed, erase the nightmare 1st half and turnovers this game is a different result imo.
Why can't Gibson be sat down for a game? Its not like rippin defense up week in, week out. The best thing about his rushing the last couple weeks is he's helped to keep the team on schedule, but it isn't anything above n beyond, Hea's not putting up 125 yards at 5 + yards a pop and a ccuple TDs every game. His production isn't such that it greatly outweighs his potential risk. He's not putting up Jonathan Taylor numbers so wgy treat him as if he's Jonathan Taylor. Quite frankly any decent NFL RB could put the numbers he's putting up. Lets see if Patterson and/or Williams hav e the potential themselves to be decent NFL RBs or more.

What iksnh'y Gibson's fault though is aside from possibly Terry Mac. Usiing Gibson's total sjkillset doesn't seem to be of interest to the Skins. While he did have a TD catch against Vegas. It seems he has no real role in the passing game aside from safety valve. Remember JD;s 56 yard catch againstt NYG. Have they ever run that play again? If so, I don't recall it. Has Gibson even run what someone could define as a pass pattern this year? I watch other teams and they line players up all over the place like the 9ers with Deebo and Auick. Or ebven if a player is pretty miuch stays at one -position. Teams have that player doing multiple things from that position like the Chargers do with Ekler.

The Skins on the other hand neither habd the ball off to Gibson to run up the middle of off tackle. Or pitch it to him to either run off tackle or rfun a sweep. Froom what we've seen the of the last 2 years. Gibson and Terry Mac are the Skins biggest potential play makers. How come they aren't used as such? Ity seems like they want Gibhson to be a 20 carries a game workhorse. WIf sop, why didn't they draft or sign via FA a 20 catrries a gane workhorse instead of trying to convert a college WR into one.

Oh, yeaah almost. #sitgibbysassthehelldownforatleastaweek

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a valid question, at least about Parsons who has become a terror the last month and a half. He's gonna break the rookie sack record and be named DROY going away with it. Which kinda begs another question. Parsons I believe has played every postion on defense except CB and DT. Even though on his sack/strip of Taylor he was in the spot normally occupied by a DT or NG'. Have the Skins tried that with any player other than Collins and the Collins move wasn't some hellified idea on the coaches part. It was simply common sense..

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a valid question, at least about Parsons who has become a terror the last month and a half. He's gonna break the rookie sack record and be named DROY going away with it. Which kinda begs another question. Parsons I believe has played every postion on defense except CB and DT. Even though on his sack/strip of Taylor he was in the spot normally occupied by a DT or NG'. Have the Skins tried that with any player other than Collins and the Collins move wasn't some hellified idea on the coaches part. It was simply common sense..
I saw a chart where he played CB. Couldn't find it but I found this.

There is a legitimate case to be made, especially in the second half of the season. Since Week 9, Parsons leads the league in sacks (7.5), total pressures (26), and stops (20), and he’s done it at multiple positions. Per Pro Football Focus, Parsons has played 304 snaps this season on the defensive line, 360 in the box as an off-ball linebacker, 13 in the slot, six at outside cornerback (!), and one at free safety. There isn’t much Parsons can’t do, and what he can do, he’s doing at levels we have no right to expect from a rookie. There are very few players who can dominate at two levels of a defense at any given time, and Parsons has been doing it all season.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw a chart where he played CB. Couldn't find it but I found this.

There is a legitimate case to be made, especially in the second half of the season. Since Week 9, Parsons leads the league in sacks (7.5), total pressures (26), and stops (20), and he’s done it at multiple positions. Per Pro Football Focus, Parsons has played 304 snaps this season on the defensive line, 360 in the box as an off-ball linebacker, 13 in the slot, six at outside cornerback (!), and one at free safety. There isn’t much Parsons can’t do, and what he can do, he’s doing at levels we have no right to expect from a rookie. There are very few players who can dominate at two levels of a defense at any given time, and Parsons has been doing it all season.
Outside CB eh. No doubt Parsons has the goods. Dak's been struggling, and Zeke just doesn't seem to be the player he once was a few back. I think Parsons by his play the last month, month n a half, has assumed a leadership role for the team via his play.,

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is merit in what you saying. As a Penn State fan I did not know Parson's could do all he has done. Kudo's to Quinn. Injury forced him to try Parson's where he has. I was not happy when I saw Quinn was hired by Dallas. He is a helluva a DC.