• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 12 vs. Coastal Carolina - First to 10 Points Wins

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay so there's really not much to say about the shit show that will ensue around 2:00 PST tomorrow in Moscow.

Both offenses have been mediocre this year and both teams will be without their starting QB tomorrow.

One would think this would benefit Idaho since the Vandals do clearly have the better defense on paper. Not that this is saying much as CCU ranks 122nd in defensive PPG. But hear me out here. Let's look at the stats.

Idaho has played three teams this year with a defensive PPG ranking that is 100th or worse (these teams give up about 35 ppg on average).

Idaho is averaging 21 ppg against those teams.

For perspective, 21 ppg would rank 112th in scoring offense in the nation and 11th in the Sun Belt.

So Idaho, with their supposed all-conference and NFL bound QB (LOL), has one of the bottom 20 scoring offenses against bottom 30 scoring defenses this year.

Imagine how god awful they will be with a QB that wouldn't crack the two-deep at most NAIA programs.

That QB, by the way, is Mason Petrino. Now a little bit more than a week ago the prevailing theory was that Mason would start this game and the coaching staff would try to save the redshirt status of both freshman QB's. Now however it's come out that Mason will start, however Colton Richardson will get some playing time.

This, to me, is idiotic. Start the freshman. Mason cannot run the offense Idaho has been running all year. He can't. What he can do is take snaps out of the wildcat for -3 ypc and throw garbage time touchdown on rollout plays.

This half measure between keeping the redshirts in tact and starting Mason is possibly worse than starting Mason the entire game. If the freshman is going to play, let him play. Don't burn the redshirt for maybe 4 quarters of action in the rest of the year. Get some sort of experience under his belt. There are three games left again three more BAD defenses. Let's see what we have at QB for the future instead of forcing out a kid who not only won't play QB next year, but really should have never been taking reps at QB in the first place were it not for a series of backup QB's transferring.

Anyway, that's my point. If Mason plays the whole game Idaho will not score an offensive TD. If you do some sort of weird tandem then the defense is going to know it's a rollout or a run when Mason is in. Start the kid who can actually fucking play QB the way it needs to be played in this system.

Prediction:

For some ridiculous reason Idaho is favored by 9. I don't know how that works since there may not be 9 total points scored in this game. Anyway, this will be the worst game of the week and I'd imagine there will be less than 8k people at the dome for senior night. Pretty gay.

Three conditional score predictions.

If Mason plays the whole game:

CCU 21
Idaho 3

If there is a tandem situation:

CCU 20
Idaho 10

If they just fucking let Richardson start and play the whole game:

CCU 16
Idaho 13

This just seems like too much of a feel good game for Coastal. I'm sure they'll win this and it will be some big turning point for their program and they'll go to a bowl next year. Good for them. Meanwhile Idaho's looking at some real fucking exciting 5-6 seasons in an irrelevant subdivision of football.

Go Vandals I guess.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10-7 CCU at half. Not surprising.

First drive seemed to be scripted plays and Mason looked pretty good. Since then the offense has been awful.

Richardson needs to play in the second half but I'm expecting young Petrino to stay in which will ultimately doom the offense.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By playing Mason all game the coaching staff has just admitted that they are not going to burn a redshirt and have given up on the season.

Fair enough, this team if fucking dogshit. But I'm pretty sure Mason will get hurt at some point and then they'll probably have to burn the redshirt or play somebody who hasn't taken an QB snap all season. That's pretty much the worst possible situation so it's just going to happen.

Honestly they should probably just forfeit the rest of the games. There is no reason to field a team when you won't score more than 7 against some really bad defenses.

At least there's basketball season. I sure can't wait to see how they disappoint this year, especially in a game tonight against Sam Houston State. ESPN is giving Idaho an 80% chance to win so you know they're going to fuck this up badly.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as Coastal goes, good win I guess. You basically just beat up an amputee retarded kid but I have confidence this will be a turning point for the program.

CCU may be moving backward to FBS, but I expect them to make progress and earn a bowl next year with their real head coach back. Meanwhile Idaho will be getting their shit pushed in by Southern Utah en route to a 5-6 season that no one will give a shit about.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And LOL at Jordan Rose going for that obvious cheap shot. What a piece of shit. Kick that dopey looking faggot off the team. Not like it's going to hurt anything.