• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 11 Waiver Wire

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone putting in a claim for Salvon Ahmed? He seems to be the hot pickup this week. Anyone looking to add Nyheim Hines, Michael Pittman, Jalen Reagor, or Jameis Winston? I didn't play fantasy football last season, but I'm guessing that Jameis was great because all the yardage and TD's more than made up for the INT's. In my league, you only lose one point for an interception. I'm already set at QB with Herbert, but is anyone who is still trying to replace Dak looking at Winston?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone putting in a claim for Salvon Ahmed? He seems to be the hot pickup this week. Anyone looking to add Nyheim Hines, Michael Pittman, Jalen Reagor, or Jameis Winston? I didn't play fantasy football last season, but I'm guessing that Jameis was great because all the yardage and TD's more than made up for the INT's. In my league, you only lose one point for an interception. I'm already set at QB with Herbert, but is anyone who is still trying to replace Dak looking at Winston?

Jameis was a good fantasy QB last year because of the 30+ TDs... but this is a contending team, they won't let him go deep recklessly... they can't afford turnovers... so i doubt he would be an aggressive qb... unless of course the saints play from behind, then he will be good... but doubt they will play from behind much...

and yes, Ahmed should be owned in all leagues right now...

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jameis was a good fantasy QB last year because of the 30+ TDs... but this is a contending team, they won't let him go deep recklessly... they can't afford turnovers... so i doubt he would be an aggressive qb... unless of course the saints play from behind, then he will be good... but doubt they will play from behind much...

Good point. You're right, if Winston starts throwing INT's, you gotta believe that Payton will bench him or change the game plan to dial Winston down. I don't own MT, but I'm reading a bunch of MT owners on Reddit celebrating this news and that Winston is going to make MT great again.

Hopefully, Winston goes more conservative and the short passes keep going to my Kamara. Why fix what isn't broken? It seems like half of the Saints' pass plays this season have been dumpoffs to Kamara. LOL.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've already added Ahmed in my league that doesn't have a waiver period. I dropped Dobbins. In my other two leagues, should I drop Mattison for him? I don't own Dalvin Cook.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've already added Ahmed in my league that doesn't have a waiver period. I dropped Dobbins. In my other two leagues, should I drop Mattison for him? I don't own Dalvin Cook.
Ahmed plays, mattison is in case cool gets hurt. So would you ever start Ahmed?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ahmed deserves to be owned in all leagues, but if you are not going to start him, you might as well continue carrying high upside plays...

so it really all depends on your #3 and #4 running back... if Ahmed is going to be your #5, i dont think he is worth it...

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahmed deserves to be owned in all leagues, but if you are not going to start him, you might as well continue carrying high upside plays...

so it really all depends on your #3 and #4 running back... if Ahmed is going to be your #5, i dont think he is worth it...

Sound like I should just stand pat. I start Kamara and Swift as my RB's and Hunt as my FLEX. I have Duke Johnson, Latavius Murray, and Mattison on the bench, and Mostert on IR.

For my other team, I start Chubb and Miles Sanders as my RB's, and Hunt as my FLEX. Duke Johnson, Jonathan Taylor, and Mattison on the bench.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they won't let him go deep recklessly
Payton is a lead-footed, pedal to the metal, offensive guy. He wont let up because of Winston. And he is stubborn enough to think that he will have a 20 point cushion which even a couple of pick-6's wont matter.

Re: Ahmed
Has anyone picked up a SF RB and been glad they did that this year?
No.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sound like I should just stand pat. I start Kamara and Swift as my RB's and Hunt as my FLEX. I have Duke Johnson, Latavius Murray, and Mattison on the bench, and Mostert on IR.

For my other team, I start Chubb and Miles Sanders as my RB's, and Hunt as my FLEX. Duke Johnson, Jonathan Taylor, and Mattison on the bench.

I'd rather have Hines than Duke.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Re: Ahmed
Has anyone picked up a SF RB and been glad they did that this year?
No.

thankfully he plays for Miami then, cause I picked him up everywhere I could, lol

seriously though - 'Fins D has been playing pretty damn well, they have a rookie QB that they don't want to expose.....seems like the perfect storm for at least 1 nice heavy workload week from Ahmed before Gaskins comes back.

Another thing to consider - seems like lots of RBs in particular haven't recovered from their injuries in line with their "proposed" recovery timelines this season. Does Gaskins come back in week 12? Does he return to the lead back workload he was seeing prior to his injury?

A lot of variables to consider, and the lead back role against the Broncos is something I'm excited to see this weekend from Ahmed.

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've picked him up earlier this week

Also Matt Breida practiced in full today, does this news changes ppl opinions on picking up Salvon Ahmed?

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Also Matt Breida practiced in full today, does this news changes ppl opinions on picking up Salvon Ahmed?
Hard to say. They just keep going next man up. But they also bypassed breida and Howard for gaskins. And Howard again for Ahmed. I would think they ride hot hand. But I wouldn’t start him unless u know. Obv if breida is out ..

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It doesn't seem like Breida is much of a threat, as he was producing very little prior to being out the last 2 games. I've got others starting over Ahmed, and I'm guessing you do, too. I'm holding Ahmed to see how this backfield shakes out. If he is playing well when Gaskins comes back, I'm guessing that Ahmed will still have a role. I think this Miami team can support 2 fantasy RB's, but I'm hoping for the best case scenario that Ahmed becomes the clear lead back, that Miami's defense will often put their offense in good situations, and that Ahmed rises to be a RB1. Plus, and I know it's only been 3 games, but Tua has attempted between 22 to 28 passes in his three starts, so maybe Miami will lean more on their RB's.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes but breida was active over Ahmed prior to the injuries.

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to say. They just keep going next man up. But they also bypassed breida and Howard for gaskins. And Howard again for Ahmed. I would think they ride hot hand. But I wouldn’t start him unless u know. Obv if breida is out ..

It doesn't seem like Breida is much of a threat, as he was producing very little prior to being out the last 2 games. I've got others starting over Ahmed, and I'm guessing you do, too. I'm holding Ahmed to see how this backfield shakes out. If he is playing well when Gaskins comes back, I'm guessing that Ahmed will still have a role. I think this Miami team can support 2 fantasy RB's, but I'm hoping for the best case scenario that Ahmed becomes the clear lead back, that Miami's defense will often put their offense in good situations, and that Ahmed rises to be a RB1. Plus, and I know it's only been 3 games, but Tua has attempted between 22 to 28 passes in his three starts, so maybe Miami will lean more on their RB's.

Yeah I think Ahmed gets most of the carries for at least this week. Perfect for someone like me that needs someone to start with byes and injuries