• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 10 @ The United States of America

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or the University of South Alabama. Couldn't decide between the current thread title and "Week 10 @ a bunch of Jags". Anyway USA is coming into this game off a bye after giving Texas State their first FBS and conference win of the season two weeks ago. I gotta say, the Jags are probably the most difficult team to figure out in the Sun Belt. They had an impressive early season win against current MWC West division leader San Diego State, but have since gone 1-3 with their only win being Troy. Statistically they are very similar to Idaho in the points conceded and points scored departments. Idaho's offense has been better yardage wise, but USA's defense has definitely had the better year so far.

As long as we're on the subject of Idaho's defense......what the fuck? No really. What. The. Fuck. They started off the season poorly against good teams in Ohio, USC, Georgia Southern, and Arkansas State but performed well short handed against Troy, ULM, and NMSU in the first half. But that second half against NMSU? Wow. They were uninspired, tired, and out of position for 29 minutes and 53 seconds of that half. That's what happens when you don't finish the game after you get a lead. Not all of the blame goes to the players, the coaches deserve their fair share as well. I just don't understand how you give up a 23 point lead. I know Petrino has said they've been taking some pointers from the Seahawks on defense, but damn. Didn't think they'd catch the choking bug from them. That was just terrible to watch. I would have rather let a rhino empty the contents of its bowels down my throat than watch the second half of that NMSU game again. I'd rather go on a date with Bill Cosby. I'd rather watch the NBA.......okay maybe not. Still, how do you score 48 and lose? Especially to the worst team in FBS. Wait...if you lose to the worst team in FBS does that make you the worst team in FBS? Idaho certainly has the worst defense.

The Vandal offense on the other hand has been really solid since the Troy game. Elijaah Penny is averaging 188 rushing yards, 217 offensive yards, and 1.5 TD's a game over the last two weeks. A lot of credit goes to the offensive line here as well, they are easily one of the largest lines in the Sun Belt and are starting to impose their will on opposing defenses. Matt Linehan is also coming off back to back 300+ yard passing performances, the last of which came without Dezmon "Special Ed" Epps. Callen Hightower filled in nicely for Epps against NMSU going for 10 receptions and over 100 yards. They really didn't miss Dez as much as I thought they would. If Hightower, Boston, and Cowan can pick up the pace, Epps' absence won't be much of an issue going forward.

To injuries/suspensions.......oh boy. Epps is obviously out this week, and they'll still be pretty thin in the secondary with Jordan and Grabski out. Armond Hawkins did return at safety last week but looked like absolute garbage so no real help there. Idaho could also be without DT Tueni Leupeamanu who went out of the NMSU with some sort of leg injury. LB Marc Millan will also sit out due to a league suspension for basically being a huge piece of shit. Should be a 3 game suspension for him IMO. Kaden Ellis, Khalin Smith, and Chris Edwards are going to have to step up this week. Basically what I'm trying to say is this defense is hurting....bad. Once the Aggies started coming at Idaho with a fast paced offense and allowed their QB to scramble a bit, it was game over. South Alabama doesn't have a beast running back like Larry Rose III but if their coaching staff is smart at all they'll know how to attack this depleted defense. Idaho's D may perform moderately well in the first half, but they will get gassed in the second if the Vandals don't control the clock with Penny and keep USA's offense off the field.

Prediction: USA won in convincing fashion in Moscow last year 34-10. They lost a lot of talent on offense this off season, but got quite a few new transfers after UAB's football program collapsed. They've had trouble getting things rolling on offense in a lot of games this season, but the best remedy for a struggling offense is a heavy dose of the Idaho Vandal D. I already mentioned that Idaho's key is to establish the run, not get behind early, and control time of possession. If they do that this is a winnable game. I don't think they will though. I'm expecting them to get behind early and for this to become a shoot out, exactly what they don't want with a tired, thin defense.

Final Score:

USA 45
Idaho 37

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Update on the Epps suspension: I heard earlier this week he was being charged with fourth degree assault, but earlier today the Pullman PD said no charges were being filed. Petrino said he may reconsider the suspension once more info came out about the incident, but I really hope he doesn't let this cancer back on the team. Dumbass.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't read much into South Alabama beating San Diego State

San Diego State always shits the bed in OOC play only to suddenly decide to play good in conference.

very entertaining commentary though

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't read much into South Alabama beating San Diego State

San Diego State always shits the bed in OOC play only to suddenly decide to play good in conference.

very entertaining commentary though

That would explain why Idaho played them so tough last year before turning it over in the red zone in the middle of the fourth.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would explain why Idaho played them so tough last year before turning it over in the red zone in the middle of the fourth.

Yes it would sir

they are very annoying to us MWC folks, always make us look bad

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Currently half time with Idaho up 24-7. They will still lose this game. Guaranteed. Already seeing Petrino playing not to lose and USA figured out they just needed to run a hurry up offense out of the spread to destroy the Vandal D. Idaho's just lucky the USA coaches are idiots and couldn't figure out what they had to do until about 5 minutes were left in the first half. I guess nobody on their coaching staff watches game film.

Time to start drinking.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Called it. Back to back blown 20+ point leads against two of the shittiest teams in the country. This defense just has no depth. If everyone is healthy the starters are decent, but after that they have nobody. And when you have multiple starters and several more back ups out on top of that it's a recipe for disaster. The offense has been solid all year though, so if they can get some help on D they might be able to field a decent squad next year.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Total Yards: Idaho 494 USA 400

TOP: Idaho 36:26 USA 23:34

Turnovers: Idaho 3 USA 2

Idaho's TO just came at the worst possible times. That and they made a really terrible QB look amazing today.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just heard about your blown lead

figured I'd stop by and see your reaction

on the bright side New Mexico State beat Texas State so you're not the only ones to lose to them :suds:

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just heard about your blown lead

figured I'd stop by and see your reaction

on the bright side New Mexico State beat Texas State so you're not the only ones to lose to them :suds:

Well it became obvious where the game was headed at the end of the second quarter so I headed down to Costco in hopes I could find something to kill myself with. Then I remembered that I haven't seen the new Star Wars yet so I'll have to wait until December to pick up that industrial sized bottle of horse tranquilizer.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it became obvious where the game was headed at the end of the second quarter so I headed down to Costco in hopes I could find something to kill myself with. Then I remembered that I haven't seen the new Star Wars yet so I'll have to wait until December to pick up that industrial sized bottle of horse tranquilizer.

Well sir it isn't nothing new for you

at least you've gotten to enjoy the fruits of some good NFL seasons

My NFL team hasn't seen the playoffs since 1999 :gaah:

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well sir it isn't nothing new for you

at least you've gotten to enjoy the fruits of some good NFL seasons

My NFL team hasn't seen the playoffs since 1999 :gaah:

Bills eh? Man I vividly remember that Music City Miracle game. Really wanted Flutie and the boys to pull that one out. If they get a QB and get rid of that cancer Percy Harvin they'll have a solid squad next year IMO.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bills eh? Man I vividly remember that Music City Miracle game. Really wanted Flutie and the boys to pull that one out. If they get a QB and get rid of that cancer Percy Harvin they'll have a solid squad next year IMO.

Percy Harvin has been on good behavior so far, he might be gone anyways, he may not recover from his latest injury

I think we found our QB in Tyrod Taylor, he has been great so far

we would actually be doing fine if we could just stay healthy and Rex Ryan could get his head out of his ass with the defense, we have 4 excellent defensive linemen and for some reason we only send 3 of them and drop the other into coverage, turning what had been one of the best pass rushes in the NFL to one of the worst.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Percy Harvin has been on good behavior so far, he might be gone anyways, he may not recover from his latest injury

I think we found our QB in Tyrod Taylor, he has been great so far

we would actually be doing fine if we could just stay healthy and Rex Ryan could get his head out of his ass with the defense, we have 4 excellent defensive linemen and for some reason we only send 3 of them and drop the other into coverage, turning what had been one of the best pass rushes in the NFL to one of the worst.

He's definitely been efficient when healthy. Certainly surpassed my expectations. Just need to see more consistency before I'm completely sold on him.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's definitely been efficient when healthy. Certainly surpassed my expectations. Just need to see more consistency before I'm completely sold on him.

I was very surprised myself. He's done well when he is fully healthy and has a full slate of talent around him, namely Sammy Watkins who hasn't been healthy as much

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was very surprised myself. He's done well when he is fully healthy and has a full slate of talent around him, namely Sammy Watkins who hasn't been healthy as much

At least you have some depth in the RB department. Williams has filled in nicely for McCoy when needed.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least you have some depth in the RB department. Williams has filled in nicely for McCoy when needed.

Sad thing is both were hurt on one point this year

and it did not go well

they are a dangerous running back tandem though, they will split even when both are healthy, Williams was an absolutely steal in the 5th round, which is good for us because McCoy will be at running back old age soon