• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 1: Tennessee Titans at Denver Broncos

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Lock looked ok. Needs to clean up some stuff. A young offense taking live fire. It's going to take more work. We have a lot of strong pieces in place. Another big challenge next week. Steelers look stout on both sides of the ball.

You guys are brutal on Drew boy. If he had this performance with Sutton out there I would agree, but he still has two mediocre tackles and one half of Lindsay. The Titans are a quality opponent - he blew a couple of snaps - that about it for my critique. I also think he should have run on one play when he scrambled and had an open field ahead of him - instead of throwing. He didn't win the game, but he didn't lose it either. The other sort of strange thing about Lock was - without the crowd there maybe - he wasn't that excited kid making the sure everyone had fun playing the game. I think he was feeling the pressure of the situation last night and didn't play his best.

What he did show was he got hit hard and didn't fumble - he didn't throw any interceptions. He shows he can make plays out of broken plays - and that he is tough. He put in a lot of work in the off season -once he relaxes he will be a plus plus QB.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Von Miller placed on IR. Can be activated at anytime after week 5 but doubt he will be as November seems best case scenario.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are brutal on Drew boy. If he had this performance with Sutton out there I would agree, but he still has two mediocre tackles and one half of Lindsay. The Titans are a quality opponent - he blew a couple of snaps - that about it for my critique. I also think he should have run on one play when he scrambled and had an open field ahead of him - instead of throwing. He didn't win the game, but he didn't lose it either. The other sort of strange thing about Lock was - without the crowd there maybe - he wasn't that excited kid making the sure everyone had fun playing the game. I think he was feeling the pressure of the situation last night and didn't play his best.

What he did show was he got hit hard and didn't fumble - he didn't throw any interceptions. He shows he can make plays out of broken plays - and that he is tough. He put in a lot of work in the off season -once he relaxes he will be a plus plus QB.
I agree he needs to relax and let the game come to him so to speak. The overthrow on Hamilton was a bit disappointing, he had him wide open. It’s a throw he has to make. Other than that he looked ok, felt like he was in a better rhythm the first half obviously. I’m excited for his future

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense had a couple penalties late that need to be cleaned up. Jewel's facemask amd Ojemudia's PI on 3rd down were killer. Young players; they'll learn from it.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree he needs to relax and let the game come to him so to speak. The overthrow on Hamilton was a bit disappointing, he had him wide open. It’s a throw he has to make. Other than that he looked ok, felt like he was in a better rhythm the first half obviously. I’m excited for his future
Also The missed TD pass to Vanett was an easy throw he has to make 100% of the time.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think Drew Lock is going to be just fine and possibly good to great with more experience and seasoning. I love his swagger and confidence and we have to know that it's going to get the Broncos in trouble from time to time. He did have those snap issues from center but I thought his most painful mistakes were overthrowing wide open receivers in the end zone on several occasions. Gotta get better touch on those throws. Lock also made a lot of plays that kept us in the game. He was calm in his demeanor throughout. All good signs. He just needs time and experience to hopefully become the franchise player we're all hoping to see.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

IMO Drew was fine. He is about what we should hope/expect. He looked promising but out of sync a bit. He is in his 7th game, and the first game of the 2020 season with no preseason.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me the single biggest disappointment in the loss was Fangio's clock management at the end. We all knew this team would have some ups and downs. Our young offense had the EXPECTED miscues. We lost one of the league's best emerging playmakers just days before the game. We lost one of the league's established playmakers just a day before that. That's tough to overcome but I didn't feel like the team looked disheartened or intimidated. They played well, but let's give some credit to a team that took it all the way to the conference title just a few short (seems like a lifetime ago) months ago.

But a coach who's north of 60 years old and with as much experience around the game as Fangio has...come on, man, you've got to know what's going on with the clock and make a deliberate decision. EVERY FAN WATCHING SAW IT: Call the timeouts! How does an experienced football guy like Fangio not see what even a casual fan can see and discern?

What's most alarming to me about that is with the offense, the miscues can be chalked up to youth. You sure as hell can't say that about Fangio! (Sorry to any of our more, shall we say, "experienced" members on the board!) The old bastard is probably set in his ways and I won't be surprised to see another baffling clock management type scenario before the season is over.

With that said, and despite this loss, I am still high on this team. It'll at least be worth watching, unlike the last few Broncos teams.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fangio said he was saving the time outs for the last 2 plays of the drive. They got Henry out of bounce and then an incomplete pass meaning that there was no need to call a timeout. He wanted to save one for their offensive series so they had an option to stop the clock.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fangio said he was saving the time outs for the last 2 plays of the drive. They got Henry out of bounce and then an incomplete pass meaning that there was no need to call a timeout. He wanted to save one for their offensive series so they had an option to stop the clock.
Today he said he made a mistake not taking the timeout after Henry got the first down at the 16

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeudy's memory is his two drops

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I would have taken the over

I did but he made me nervous with no catches in the third. Thank god for the freebie yards before end of half or I would have lost.