• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 1 - Tampa

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Way too early of course, but it is week 1 and that is what this whole offseason has been leading towards

I thought Tampa was a little overrated last year and this year, but damn did that defense rip up KCs OL and just dominate the game. I was reading they had a SB record 29 pressures that game and only blitzed 6 times. I didn't expect to win this game at all this offseason but I thought it would be a good game and that we would see some good things offensively and defensively that we didn't see last year. Having Smith and Collins healthy was a big part of that. I figured it's only week 1 and we were told all offseason how they are in the best shape of their lives and 100% healthy. So obviously they will both be ready to go for at least week 1, right? Well, that's already proven wrong with Collins not likely to practice the next couple of days and he didn't look good in the preseason when he did play, so even if he plays I'm concerned. And if Collins is out does Nsekhe, or worse, Steele get Dak killed back there? Plus Brady picking apart our hopefully better, but I'm sure still not all that great secondary?

Oh well, it's Football and I'm sticking with the Any Given Sunday mentality until proven otherwise. We are all worried about how Dak bounces back from his injury, but Brady had surgery also. Not as severe, but he is older even if he seems to be eternally young on the field

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KC was missing one or maybe both starting offensive tackles in the Superbowl. My concern is Collins. We cant have trash like Steele starting at a tackle and expect the offense to do well and beat Tampa.

Defensively I dont trust AB as a starting CB. The key to beating Brady will be to stop the run and pressure Brady. That's where Parsons,DLAW, Osa and Gregory need to ball out. I got a feeling Brady is going to feel the heat,especially with Parsons on the field.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady will shred our young DBs Week 1.

I would love to be wrong. But I wont be.
Hope we improve in the middle of the DL & do well against the run.

Without some kind of fluky thing we will start 0-1.

If our DBs improve which I hope they do. I dont expect much until the 2nd half of the season.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't have a good feeling about this game. Too many uncertainties for a first game. I would be extremely surprised to win this game or come close. I would have felt better if dak played the preseason.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't have a good feeling about this game. Too many uncertainties for a first game. I hope to be unexpectedly surprised by a win. I would have felt better if dak played the preseason.
This looks to be the toughest game of the season.i dont have a good feeling either.

If I was Quinn I would use Parsons and blitz him on any obvious passing situations. They got to get hits early on Brady

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pressuring Brady especially up the middle is key. If Dallas can do that they have a chance, if not it's 0-1
I think they can get pressure on Brady. Parsons is very good at attacking the LOS. Hopefully Brady takes some big hits early.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not optimal, guys…

Not optimal at all.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not good. I assume McGovern starts and he is not terrible. I dont get why all these players are not vaccinated
I'm pro choice on the vaccine, but with the NFL Rules on the vaccine, I dont understand why guys refuse, unless they are 100% Anti-Vaxxers.

Rules make so you alone could cost your team a game, and no players get paid on either team for that game.

I'm really surprised the NFLPA agreed to that rule. Hell it's possible the NFLPA thought of it.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pro choice on the vaccine, but with the NFL Rules on the vaccine, I dont understand why guys refuse, unless they are 100% Anti-Vaxxers.

Rules make so you alone could cost your team a game, and no players get paid on either team for that game.

I'm really surprised the NFLPA agreed to that rule. Hell it's possible the NFLPA thought of it.
I agree. Martin has been double vaxed, unfortunately the Thursday game gets him

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Martin has been double vaxed, unfortunately the Thursday game gets him
I'm not sure he's vaccinated. If he were he'd still have a chance to return, but if they are already confirming he's out I'd say he isn't.

Per NFL Rules. Vaccinated players need two negative tests at least 24 hours apart to return to the team, while unvaccinated players are required to isolate for at least 10 days and test negative before being able to return to the team.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not good. I assume McGovern starts and he is not terrible. I dont get why all these players are not vaccinated
They’ve already said that both Williams & McGovern will start. I’m not sure about Martin being vaccinated but even if he has been I believe the protocols are such as that any vaccinated player testing positive right now would have trouble getting through protocols to play on Thursday. Sunday might be different.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure he's vaccinated. If he were he'd still have a chance to return, but if they are already confirming he's out I'd say he isn't.

Per NFL Rules. Vaccinated players need two negative tests at least 24 hours apart to return to the team, while unvaccinated players are required to isolate for at least 10 days and test negative before being able to return to the team.
well if he has covid. The next few days he will still be positive. The only hope would be if it was a false positive.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am glad the Cowboys burned those two later round picks on Ball and Farniok. Farniok played center better than Conner William's in the pre season. If I was looking at ranking OL depth i give Farniok a roster spot over Steele.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well if he has covid. The next few days he will still be positive. The only hope would be if it was a false positive.
It very well could be a false positive, thats why I wonder if he is vaccinated. An unvaccinated player testing positive this close a game is OUT per NFL rules, a vaccinated player still has a chance.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am not pro choice on this. Please get vaccinated if you can.