• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 1...duh Bears

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A new offense and second year in the new defense but one thing maybe overlooked is there is a new special teams coordinator and the special teams did great and Mr Scott and his punting was a big part of the game. Yhey held the Bears to no big returns and such and our coach was not afraid to kick a field goal when the opportunity was there unlike the Bears when they went for it on 4th and 10 instead of kicking a 51 yard field goal because he was nit confident in his kicker.

Vegas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,631.83
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A new offense and second year in the new defense but one thing maybe overlooked is there is a new special teams coordinator and the special teams did great and Mr Scott and his punting was a big part of the game. Yhey held the Bears to no big returns and such and our coach was not afraid to kick a field goal when the opportunity was there unlike the Bears when they went for it on 4th and 10 instead of kicking a 51 yard field goal because he was nit confident in his kicker.

The whole deal with the kicking situation in Chicago is hysterical. The fans went nuts when their guy made a FG and then he kicked off out of bounds. It's going to be tough for any kicker to deal with the pressure. Couldn't happen to a nicer team.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 3 is my guess on Jenkins to take that spot

Read an article about Taylor having a tough time. You’re right, if he doesn’t bounce back Jenkins will be starting.

Reactions: GNG

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice to see the defense hold a team to single digits in their house. I can’t remember the last time the defense held an opponent to less than 10 points. I want to get excited but have to see a few more games to get an idea how good or bad they are.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take an ugly win over a pretty loss anytime.

On a related note, fun reading the meltdown all over the Bears board just after the first game :suds:

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice to see the defense hold a team to single digits in their house. I can’t remember the last time the defense held an opponent to less than 10 points. I want to get excited but have to see a few more games to get an idea how good or bad they are.

I forgot to add how satisfying the win is when just about everybody picked the bears to win including myself.

rtfgbfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sloppy game from both teams but i will take it as well. A win is a win. I will try my best this season to stay positive but no promises. :D

Hey man, I don't think everything is always sunshine and rainbows either

BrockForBroglio

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I liked was Rodgers' sly little grin in the presser saying, "we have a defense".

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey man, I don't think everything is always sunshine and rainbows either

And I think that’s one of the characteristics I like about Packer fans. Every body here is pretty knowledgeable and I enjoy the comments and articles that are posted. After a loss I tend to vent here and right or wrong I let my emotions get the best of me at times.

That said, I want to get excited about the season but I will be cautious and see if the defense is for real and if Rodgers can play with a chip on his shoulder again. Go Pack Go!

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate you all as much as I did last season, when you beat us week 1. Then we won the division, so, maybe its a just a week 1 things now.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate you all as much as I did last season, when you beat us week 1. Then we won the division, so, maybe its a just a week 1 things now.

You guys will be fine. Both teams looked sloppy as hell. I don’t know how much Trubisky played in pre season but it probably wasn’t much more than Rodgers and Rodgers didn’t play a snap.

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys will be fine. Both teams looked sloppy as hell. I don’t know how much Trubisky played in pre season but it probably wasn’t much more than Rodgers and Rodgers didn’t play a snap.
He didnt throw a single pass, If Im not mistaken. Think they had him hand the ball off a couple times. which was weird, and seemed stupid to me.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read an article about Taylor having a tough time. You’re right, if he doesn’t bounce back Jenkins will be starting.

After watching the game last night on my DVR I can say the weak link was the O-line. Bulaga did well but Taylor was pushed back time and time again and even Bakhtiari got bullied several times. I hope it lights a fire in them to shore that shit up. AR didn’t help with some of his throws but they have to give him more than 2 seconds to throw the ball.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guards are the weakness again. The tackles won all but one rep against Mack.

Jenkins needs to replace Taylor right now. Turner I’m ok letting him have another week

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guards are the weakness again. The tackles won all but one rep against Mack.

Jenkins needs to replace Taylor right now. Turner I’m ok letting him have another week

They better show a some pride against the Vikings. The blocking has to be 100% better this Sunday.