• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

we won the draft again

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I look into the picks, watch their film and measurables, I really am liking our draft and the guys they choose. We didn't ignore the lines. We added starters on defense through FA, we got a couple guys coming back from last years that didn't hardly play (Waynes, Reader). We did well on defense in FA again, and we helped our oline with Riley Reiff and got rid of that turd Hart. I like how we concentrated on the trenches and really loaded up, 7 of our 10 picks on the lines. Hopefully a couple guys can emerge as starters on each line and the rest can provide solid backups.

Overall, I am pretty happy even if it wasn't the entire way I was going to go. But overall, I liked their approach and the players they accumulated.

I guess Belichek really wanted Shelvin and wasn't overly happy he wasn't available with their pick. Ironic, the Bengals snagged him with one of the 4th round picks they acquired for trading down with New England. From what I had heard on a couple sources who have done after draft videos, the Bengals were set to take Carmen with pick #38, it was the guy they were going to draft because they thought he would make the perfect RG. However, they were able to trade back, acquire him and the two 4ths, which turned out to be Shelvin and Smith. Not bad if that is truely what they were going to do.