• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

We signed marecic

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Now we can really confuse people with multi FB sets and rest Gore.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nah, QB read option is still the flavor of the season....

No it isn't. They ran it out of desperation against Seattle. It's going to be utilized some but it's not going to be anything like last year.

Oh unless you want Colt McCoy running the offense.:whistle:

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it isn't. They ran it out of desperation against Seattle. It's going to be utilized some but it's not going to be anything like last year.

Oh unless you want Colt McCoy running the offense.:whistle:

This just goes to show how badly a bad loss affects my perspective/paranoia.

I've ALWAYS said that Kaepernick avoids big hits by sliding and running out of bounds. I've ALWAYS said that our offense doesn't include running that much, as Kaepernick can pass out of the pocket. And I've ALWAYS said that Kaepernick was too fast to get caught and had too good of vision to get tackled in the injurious ways. It's been pointed out that pocket passers are subject to the same or worse hits with less protection than a runner has in his ability to scan the field and slide/go out of bounds.

However, on Sunday night, I kept feeling that we were going to get a big hit that was going to affect Kaepernick, though not necessarily take him out. I'd be lying if I didn't, perhaps wrongly and in contrast to what I've held before, admit that part of me felt that the read-option would cause it. Maybe it's because Seattle's physical and I don't trust them to hit legally and if they do, I know they hit hard.

The times he was subject to being hit might not have been in the option, but still, I prefer Kaepernick to only run when he has to or sees something that says he's going to go far or convert third down (after looking for targets). I saw a few four yard runs (I think) that got us to 2nd and 6 or something. I know that those 4 yard runs could get to a hole that makes it 40. I know that these runs help. I just don't want our QB out of the game - option or not.

As said, bad losses or during bad losses make me so pessimistic that I get paranoid. Just like everyone else, I'm glad I'm not the coach - though I'd take the salary if offered. Huge criticism would be worth the money - not to mention that a lot of the criticism would be on management for hiring me. ;)

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
had the gm vs seattle been a close one(at least offensively) I know I wouldn't be calling for change for the offense so dramatically... but theres a problem with having the read option as its based and rectifying it as soon as possible is a must need.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Marecic is so versatile he is our new NT.

No seriously, we will probably make due with the scrubs for now (Dorsey, Jerod Eddie, etc.) until Tank and Dial are ready.

We will probably be ok.

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
.. Just curious... I wonder if the Niners will switch to 4-3 with Dorsey and McDonald in the middle.. Justin @ RDE and Aldon @ LDE... Brooks and Bowman as OLB and Willis MLB

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marecic is so versatile he is our new NT.

No seriously, we will probably make due with the scrubs for now (Dorsey, Jerod Eddie, etc.) until Tank and Dial are ready.

We will probably be ok.

Why are people acting like Carradine and Dial are proven veterans? They are still rookies. We have absolutely no idea how they'll perform if/when they come back.

luckyluke22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Exactly. And Dial, the option for NT is a fifth round pick and Alabama backup player.

I think we'll be ok in the long haul, but Ray McD's ankle injury concerns me. Fingers crossed it doesn't become a nagging issue. I think these next few weeks may be a thinner squad but then we get stacked as the season progresses.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
had the gm vs seattle been a close one(at least offensively) I know I wouldn't be calling for change for the offense so dramatically... but theres a problem with having the read option as its based and rectifying it as soon as possible is a must need.

I like having it as something the opposition has to plan for

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a dumb signing, why does Harbaugh have such a hard on for this scrub? The guy has done literally nothing in the NFL. Why on Earth do we need a freaking back up FB???

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a dumb signing, why does Harbaugh have such a hard on for this scrub? The guy has done literally nothing in the NFL. Why on Earth do we need a freaking back up FB???

Andy Reid traded Arenas for a fullback, even when that's a dying breed in today's NFL. Not sure how we use fullbacks in our offense relative to other teams, but at least we didn't trade someone for him? People panned the Arenas trade, even though neither team wanted the player they already had and would likely have cut or traded elsewhere.