• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

We should be tanking the season

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's going to suck. You should always play to win. Blah blah blah.

But the only way to get out of this funk of not having a QB in the league is to tank. Indy did it and got Manning. We need to do this as there are (from what I've heard) three legit top QB prospects and we need to land one of them. Jets will lock up Lawrence. We have to do what it takes to lock up one of the other two.

Obviously Trubisky was a bad pick with the top pick. But that is not the reason to try again. Gotta keep trying.

The rest of the draft should be used entirely on oline.

JMHO

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dare I say it but I think we need to seriously consider trading Mack. Add Quinn and Hicks and whoever else that'll net us picks.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dumbest idea in the world (tanking that is). Go away.

Last edited:

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably shouldn’t win 5 games before you tank.

Well there were some of us who believed. You can't go trade for Foles with the intention of tanking at the beginning of the season.

We need to tank the rest of the season. It's what's best for the organization. New QB, new coaching staff, maybe new front office.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to tank the rest of the season. It's what's best for the organization. New QB, new coaching staff, maybe new front office.

I get the logic. My inner meatball stops me from wanting the team to lose.

I'm not in the mindset to trade any defensive stars because the amount of talent on this defense, with Eddie Goldman coming back next season as well, leaves the window open for this defense to be top notch for another two seasons.

We have receivers. We have a good tight end room actually.

This team is a QB and some blocking away from being good.

New QB, new coaches, new GM, and some offensive linemen. That's asking a lot but it can be done without trading players away.

QB is the hardest piece of the puzzle and Pace has proven he can't get it right.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off, it's not going to happen. Some of the worst teams in history, teams who go winless the entire year, nonetheless play each and every game to win. And no matter how dire our situation is at the present - not sure any team is lacking momentum quite like the Bears- we're still in the playoff hunt. The idea of tanking is abhorrent, so let's just focus on the rest of the season and of course no harm in occasionally checking in on possible draft choices or which positions the Bears may target in the next draft. But that's as far as it goes.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get the logic. My inner meatball stops me from wanting the team to lose.

I'm not in the mindset to trade any defensive stars because the amount of talent on this defense, with Eddie Goldman coming back next season as well, leaves the window open for this defense to be top notch for another two seasons.

We have receivers. We have a good tight end room actually.

This team is a QB and some blocking away from being good.

New QB, new coaches, new GM, and some offensive linemen. That's asking a lot but it can be done without trading players away.

QB is the hardest piece of the puzzle and Pace has proven he can't get it right.

Lets assume a miracle happens and we're able to get a quality QB prospect (without tanking). That QB will likely take 2 years to develop. Hicks will be 32 and a free agent. Mack will be 31 (and has a potential to be out). Quinn will be 32. Roquan and Kyle Fuller will be a free agents. And that's not even looking at the offense. This defense will be a shell of what it is now, then.

Missing on a high QB pick screws an organization for 4 years.

The easiest path is to start over, tank and start selling these pieces for high picks while they still have high value.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off, it's not going to happen. Some of the worst teams in history, teams who go winless the entire year, nonetheless play each and every game to win. And no matter how dire our situation is at the present - not sure any team is lacking momentum quite like the Bears- we're still in the playoff hunt. The idea of tanking is abhorrent, so let's just focus on the rest of the season and of course no harm in occasionally checking in on possible draft choices or which positions the Bears may target in the next draft. But that's as far as it goes.

Save me the machismo about playing to win all the time. I'd rather play smart and play the long game than win now with an incapable coaching staff and no QB and oline in a covid year to be one and done in the playoffs (if we even get there).

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Be careful what you wish for Genius:

4m4ngz.jpg

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well there were some of us who believed. You can't go trade for Foles with the intention of tanking at the beginning of the season.

So, exactly why would the current coach, front office agree to tank the season?

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, exactly why would the current coach, front office agree to tank the season?

At this point, I just assume Genius is a stealth cheesehead. He calls every other Bears fan an idiot as often as possible, he wanted Parkey back and now wants us to lose on purpose. I have no doubt he's sitting at his computer wearing a foam piece of cheese on his head, a Favre jersey and some Wrangler jeans...probably gets his insurance at State Farm too.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Save me the machismo about playing to win all the time. I'd rather play smart and play the long game than win now with an incapable coaching staff and no QB and oline in a covid year to be one and done in the playoffs (if we even get there).
Oh fuck the machismo deflection. Only a total soyboy would root for his team to lose just to move up a few notches in the draft. Fuck off BS. Seriously.

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, what teams in the current era have tanked one year and come back as high-level playoff teams the next?

Seriously, even tanking has to be carefully planned. If you're a bad enough team to consider tanking, you suck. You're not just one franchise player from the Superbowl. You may have to tank 2 or 3 years in a row to end up with the players you want.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, what teams in the current era have tanked one year and come back as high-level playoff teams the next?

Seriously, even tanking has to be carefully planned. If you're a bad enough team to consider tanking, you suck. You're not just one franchise player from the Superbowl. You may have to tank 2 or 3 years in a row to end up with the players you want.
The Cleveland Br... Oh wait...

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh fuck the machismo deflection. Only a total soyboy would root for his team to lose just to move up a few notches in the draft. Fuck off BS. Seriously.

It's called being smart. What is the point of winning with this current personnel? They will all be replaced anyway. Fuck off with your always play to win BS, like you know. The best chance of success for this organization right now is to lose, and this is irrefutable. (I bolded "best chance" because i know what the idiots will retort with)

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's called being smart. What is the point of winning with this current personnel? They will all be replaced anyway. Fuck off with your always play to win BS, like you know. The best chance of success for this organization right now is to lose, and this is irrefutable. (I bolded "best chance" because i know what the idiots will retort with)
LOL, feel free my friend to continue making a fool out of yourself. You're doing it quite well. The problem with a proud person like you who happens to make an incredibly stupid post based on an even more incredibly stupid premise, is now that you're painted into a corner, instead of just conceding to its ridiculousness, this false pride just causes you to continue doubling down. Be my guest.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, feel free my friend to continue making a fool out of yourself. You're doing it quite well. The problem with a proud person like you who happens to make an incredibly stupid post based on an even more incredibly stupid premise, is now that you're painted into a corner, instead of just conceding to its ridiculousness, this false pride just causes you to continue doubling down. Be my guest.

Why is it ridiculous? Tell me why I am wrong? Instead of just declaring you are right. Oh yeah you're amazing retort of "it's ridiculous" really goes a long way of convincing anyone with half a brain.

* Losing gives you better picks
* Better picks gives you a higher chance of landing a better prospect
* Selling off aging defensive stars when there's no hope of things turning around is smart. Otherwise you lose them with nothing to show for them.
* Winning with this group does NOTHING for this organization going forward
* Very likely the entire coaching staff and upper management will be gone

So tell brilliant one, where am i wrong? This is the part where you just pivot. Talk about putting yourself in a corner...Geezus your stubbornness is cute.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry BS, but to explain it to you would be giving your argument an element of credence. I'll just leave it as is and you can thrill yourself in being correct.