• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

We need a real defensemen

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We aren't going anywhere. This overall team defense is just atrocious. Too many breakdowns. Too many turnovers. When our goalie plays well, defense takes the night off. When our goalie struggles, our defense takes the night off.

Timonen cannot carry this whole squad. We have too many overpaid average defensemen and it is hurting us bad.

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This should NEVER happen:

AlZh5itCEAE48sI.jpg

Yet is has happened 3 times this game and countless times this season.

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

AlZh5itCEAE48sI.jpg

great capture....

:burt:

The real question is ...how do they get a real defenseman, and who do you have to give up to get him? Whoever and however, they need it bad....

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That my problem. I love our forwards and don't want to give them up. I say make a splash in free agency. Go after Shea Weber.

1. Unfortunately, we have to let Jagr walk. 3.3 mil free
2. Let Carle walk. 3.8 mil
3. There is 7.1 mil just by letting them go.
4. If Pronger has to go on LTIR, then it is an easy signing. Thats another 4.9.
5. Now thats 11.9 million dollars to player around with.
6. Give about 8+ of that to Weber
7. The rest will be cushion money because I know we are over the cap this year but Pronger being out is helping us.

Make it Happen.

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flyers need to get a few guys that know how to play defence.1 year left on Timmo's contract(I don't see a re-newal at his current salary and age is a factor).

It's frustrating as fucking hell watching these guys skate around with their heads up their ass.I don't know what "system" they are playing,but it needs to be scrapped.

Bob's played a decent game today,but he can't clear guys out from in front of his net too.

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well this is coming from a friend of mine who was in a suite next to Ed Snider's, so take from it what you will. I am not so certain I believe whole heartedly, but it definitely scares me:

They are saying Ed Snider got on the phone and said this "Get me Paul...All right then tell him to get me a defensemen. Maybe two. Ours are too soft." And then proceeded to slam the phone down.

This scares me if true. I think that would make Homer overpay for a dman.

Heres the pic for some truth when they hopped over into the suite after the game:

AlZv97wCQAAiUEC.jpg

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have nothing to say. You did it for me, 48.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carle is an embarassment to what is take to be an NHL dman. I jizz harder than he shoots. He is a human turnover machine.

Refs were balls, but that is still only about 2% why we lost.

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What playing the rags tells me....

1. Our d-men are way too soft in front of our net.
2. Our forwards are too damn small(or at least play that way). Outside of Harts and Simmonds there is virtually no constant traffic in front of their net and we're not going to score on 25ft shots again lundy.
3. Both Carle and Briere are completely worthless lately. They play about the same amount of defense and constantly turn the puck over, this shit is getting old and I'd love to see them both on the first bus outta town.
4. Bob has/is playing better then Bryz but can't make saves when their are 3 guys in his crease not being dealt with.
5. The Flyers need to learn how to compose themselves after they take a weak/questionable call against them or give up a goal.

I really hope Homer doesn't go out and overpay for defensive help since realistically I don't see them winning the cup this year with the way they're playing & blowing the whole team up now to improve in 1 area won't help one-term.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coburn is the guy that's driving me nuts lately. He doesn't use the body when he should and when he does use te body he leaves wide open guys in the crease to hit a guy in the slot. He's been the flyers worst player the past two games without a doubt.

And I hate saying that cause I love coburn, but he's been embarrassing out there

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

AlZh5itCEAE48sI.jpg

That picture defines all the flyers problems. Every single one

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Coburn is the guy that's driving me nuts lately. He doesn't use the body when he should and when he does use te body he leaves wide open guys in the crease to hit a guy in the slot. He's been the flyers worst player the past two games without a doubt.

And I hate saying that cause I love coburn, but he's been embarrassing out there

While he has been bad, NOBODY has been worse than Bourdon. If I am Lavi, I am contemplating starting Lilja over him. And thats saying something because I think Lilja is just awful.

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I really hope Homer doesn't go out and overpay for defensive help since realistically I don't see them winning the cup this year with the way they're playing & blowing the whole team up now to improve in 1 area won't help one-term.

Thats my point exactly. I want them to game plan this off-season now and target some potential free agent d-men (WEBER). If we pull the trigger now, we will be overpaying in both young talent and money. If we wait until the off season, it might cost a little more, but we won't lose a Schenn, Read, Voracek, Cooter.

This team cannot win a cup this year.

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While he has been bad, NOBODY has been worse than Bourdon. If I am Lavi, I am contemplating starting Lilja over him. And thats saying something because I think Lilja is just awful.

If it comes down to choosing between those 2,I'll go with option #3?

Since Shelley can't do anything but hit guys,put him back there and let him go nuts.Might be the only way for him to earn some playing time.
With him being slow,he will become known as a defensive d-man.

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If it comes down to choosing between those 2,I'll go with option #3?

Since Shelley can't do anything but hit guys,put him back there and let him go nuts.Might be the only way for him to earn some playing time.
With him being slow,he will become known as a defensive d-man.

I would too, but we traded Marshall

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never thought the Rags would own us like they do. Very much like the Thrashers/Jets. I just don't get it. I'm with 48 on this. Keep the team at pat. Make some noise during the offseason. I want Jagr to stay.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well this is coming from a friend of mine who was in a suite next to Ed Snider's, so take from it what you will. I am not so certain I believe whole heartedly, but it definitely scares me:

They are saying Ed Snider got on the phone and said this "Get me Paul...All right then tell him to get me a defensemen. Maybe two. Ours are too soft." And then proceeded to slam the phone down.

This scares me if true. I think that would make Homer overpay for a dman.

Heres the pic for some truth when they hopped over into the suite after the game:

AlZv97wCQAAiUEC.jpg

Um, this post was not here 2 hours ago. How the fuck did I miss this???