• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

We got any IT guys on this forum?

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If someone posted a confidential document in an email is there a process of deleting that email chain system wide?? Or am I just going to have to fire someone....

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If someone posted a confidential document in an email is there a process of deleting that email chain system wide?? Or am I just going to have to fire someone....
Depends on your setup. An Exchange admin can kill an email before people open it if you are doing full in house mail, but anyone that already saw it of course still saw it. Outside mail services vary in what tools are available.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on your setup. An Exchange admin can kill an email before people open it if you are doing full in house mail, but anyone that already saw it of course still saw it. Outside mail services vary in what tools are available.
Do you ever have issues where some emails when opened look like they have disappeared but hours later they are back?

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you ever have issues where some emails when opened look like they have disappeared but hours later they are back?
After we moved to cloud services we occasionally saw something weird, but more odd delays like sometimes days, but only for one message from one user.

Weird things can happen with local cached versions of email. At times your local copy can get corrupted and if it isn't serious can be repaired by the online version. I would suspect that something like this could lead to that.