• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

We coulda been a contender. We coulda been a somebody.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:wtf2:

An article from usatoday.com. Sacramento Kings fire coach Dave Joerger despite best season in 13 year (4-11-19). The article says he was fired on 4/11. One day after the Kings season ended.

An article from sports.yahoo.com. Los Angeles Lakers 'part ways' with coach Luke Walton after 3 seasons (4-12-19). Walton was fired on 4/12.

:laugh3:
Is the emoji for you not being aware it was obvious to many Walton was probably gone, and they can find these things out.

Hell, just call woj. I'm sure he knew.

Last edited:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would that be considered tampering if they were talking before Walton was fired?

:noidea:

I mean, with as quickly as everything happened, I'm sure that the Kings were "monitoring the situation" and had plans in place for both whether Luke was fired or retained.

Also, as quickly as Luke agreed, I would think there had to have been some kind of contact. The Kings didn't interview anyone else and Luke didn't interview with anyone else.

However, it was likely the kind of "back channel" contact that happens all of the time. So someone from the Kings probably contacted Luke's agent to see if Luke would be interested if the Lakers let him go...

While that's technically tampering, it's also overlooked unless someone goes onto a nationally televised talk show and tries to be cute about it. :L

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is the emoji for you not being aware it was obvious to many Walton was probably gone?

This is what you said in comment # 19.

if Walton wasn't not fired would this Kings have held onto Joerger

One more time. Joerger was fired before Walton. So why did you ask would have the Kings held onto Joerger if Walton wasn't fired when Joerger lost his jobe before Walton?

The fact I have to explain this to you is hilarious.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what you said in comment # 19.

if Walton wasn't not fired would this Kings have held onto Joerger

One more time. Joeger was fired before Walton. So why did you ask would have the Kings held onto Joerger if Walton wasn't fired when Joerger lost his jobe before Walton?

The fact I have to explain this to you is hilarious.
You really don't think the Kings could have been made aware walton was going to be let go?But OK. could have said If Kings are not aware Walton will be let go is Joerger fired to appease you.

The fact you tried to start an argument on this is what's hilarious. How long before you tell me all I do is argue?

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really don't think the Kings could have been made aware walton was going to be let go?

The fact you tried to start an argument on this is what's hilarious. How long before you tell me all I do is argue?

Supposidly it was common knowledge that Walton was going to be fired. I am not sure when they fired Joerger tho, and with Magic Johnson quiting probably complicated it a little, but they still got rid of him anyways lol

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really don't think the Kings could have been made aware walton was going to be let go?

I kind of doubt it.

There was obviously speculation re: Luke's job all season long. However, according to that speculation, it was Magic that wanted to fire Luke, while Jeanie wanted to keep him.

When Magic quit, there was speculation that Luke might keep his job because of Jeanie's support. There was no comment from Pelinka that I remember seeing on what he thought about Luke's job status.

Still not sure who actually fired Luke, especially since it was apparently a "mutual agreement".

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Supposidly it was common knowledge that Walton was going to be fired. I am not sure when they fired Joerger tho, and with Magic Johnson quiting probably complicated it a little, but they still got rid of him anyways lol
something tells me that Vlade fellow could have been made aware.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kind of doubt it.

There was obviously speculation re: Luke's job all season long. However, according to that speculation, it was Magic that wanted to fire Luke, while Jeanie wanted to keep him.

When Magic quit, there was speculation that Luke might keep his job because of Jeanie's support. There was no comment from Pelinka that I remember seeing on what he thought about Luke's job status.

Still not sure who actually fired Luke, especially since it was apparently a "mutual agreement".
I get the "mutual agreement" idea when it comes to a guy like Drew who didn't really have a deal.

something tells me Vlade knows someone there (maybe even Luke) who had a heads up.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:noidea:

I mean, with as quickly as everything happened, I'm sure that the Kings were "monitoring the situation" and had plans in place for both whether Luke was fired or retained.

Also, as quickly as Luke agreed, I would think there had to have been some kind of contact. The Kings didn't interview anyone else and Luke didn't interview with anyone else.

However, it was likely the kind of "back channel" contact that happens all of the time. So someone from the Kings probably contacted Luke's agent to see if Luke would be interested if the Lakers let him go...

While that's technically tampering, it's also overlooked unless someone goes onto a nationally televised talk show and tries to be cute about it. :L

Yeah, I was just being a smart ass.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually like Walton.

I do too.....but when James came to LA.....it was just a matter of time.

I think he'll do well in Sacramento. They are on the verge of being really good.....if they can get 1 veteran player to come in, they'll be serious playoff contenders next season.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do too.....but when James came to LA.....it was just a matter of time.

I think he'll do well in Sacramento. They are on the verge of being really good.....if they can get 1 veteran player to come in, they'll be serious playoff contenders next season.
Already serious playoff contenders, but that vet could make them at least a top 4-5 seed contender (or maybe that's wat you meant).

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somebody with a better record than Joerger would've been nice.

OK, let's hear a name. Just one name you prefer to Walton (besides Joerger). Even if it was a mistake to fire Joerger, I'm asking why Walton is not a good choice.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, let's hear a name. Just one name you prefer to Walton (besides Joerger). Even if it was a mistake to fire Joerger, I'm asking why Walton is not a good choice.

Because he sucked in LA. Why should I believe he'll do any better with the Kings?

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because he sucked in LA. Why should I believe he'll do any better with the Kings?

Maybe he won't. He didn't suck in LA, but let's accept your opinion here. Who do you like better? Assume you were the GM and could hire any available name.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe he won't. He didn't suck in LA, but let's accept your opinion here. Who do you like better? Assume you were the GM and could hire any available name.

I'd have stick with Joerger. He's a much better coach than Walton.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd have stick with Joerger. He's a much better coach than Walton.

You can't be this dumb. That ship has sailed. In plain English I asked you to name a better choice than Walton, given Joerger being gone (even if that was a mistake which it probably was). Since you cannot, you prove my point for me which is that Walton is probably the best choice (given the firing of Joerger).

I know it's not being a Kings fan that makes you dumb, because @Bolts isn't dumb

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think too many NBA coaches are recycled without giving other guys a try.

I would reach out to some assistants that are hard working, have fresh ideas, and will really throw themselves into a job- especially for a team like the Kings. In a way- Walton is kind of like that type of guy except with some good experience.

Walton was not the right guy to coach a team with LEBron James, but he is not a bad option for a young team.

As i have said before, I always really liked MAlone when he was on the Cavs as an assistant. I was pretty sure he would become a good head coach and he has become an excellent one in Denver. He is the type of guy I hope the Cavs hire.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think too many NBA coaches are recycled without giving other guys a try.

I would reach out to some assistants that are hard working, have fresh ideas, and will really throw themselves into a job- especially for a team like the Kings. In a way- Walton is kind of like that type of guy except with some good experience.

Walton was not the right guy to coach a team with LEBron James, but he is not a bad option for a young team.

As i have said before, I always really liked MAlone when he was on the Cavs as an assistant. I was pretty sure he would become a good head coach and he has become an excellent one in Denver. He is the type of guy I hope the Cavs hire.

Exactly. Walton is pretty much the best fit for the Kings, of available names. Yes you could pick a hot new assistant from somewhere, but that's just Walton minus some experience, what's the point? This guy is just mad about the Joerger firing which makes sense, but that's done so who would be better than Walton? No one he can name.