• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

We coulda been a contender. We coulda been a somebody.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good franchises make good decisions. Dumb franchises make dumb decisions.

Just when it looked like the Kings might be building something decent...

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Who did you want? If all this is just bitching make a better suggestion.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somebody with a better record than Joerger would've been nice.

Good thing that you aren't the GM. Luke getting fired was about the dysfunction in the Lakers FO, not about Luke not doing a good job.

Imo, other than drafting Fox, this is the smartest move the Kings have made in a long time.

Luke is a good coach and will only get better. He's young, you have a young team and both can grow together. He was able to get the Lakers kids to buy into defense and when they were healthy, were a top 10 team in defensive efficiency. He has an offensive system that players like playing in.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good thing that you aren't the GM. Luke getting fired was about the dysfunction in the Lakers FO, not about Luke not doing a good job.

Imo, other than drafting Fox, this is the smartest move the Kings have made in a long time.

Luke is a good coach and will only get better. He's young, you have a young team and both can grow together. He was able to get the Lakers kids to buy into defense and when they were healthy, were a top 10 team in defensive efficiency. He has an offensive system that players like playing in.

Have any of the sports media talking heads said this was a bad hire for the Kings?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have any of the sports media talking heads said this was a bad hire for the Kings?

Not that I have heard. The closest thing I've heard to that is surprise that the Kings didn't interview anyone else. It happened so fast, I wonder if Luke took the call from Vlade while he was meeting with the Lakers FO. lol

But I haven't heard anyone say it was a bad hire.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that I have heard. The closest thing I've heard to that is surprise that the Kings didn't interview anyone else. It happened so fast, I wonder if Luke took the call from Vlade while he was meeting with the Lakers FO. lol

But I haven't heard anyone say it was a bad hire.

That's what I thought. This thread now makes little sense.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what I thought. This thread now makes little sense.

Yeah, even if the Lakers get the right coach, right Prez-O-Dent and sign a big time FA this off-season and become contenders, it will still be hard for me to see this as anything but a mistake by them.

At best, they let the Kings have a coach that will make them a pain in the Lakers ass for the next several years.

And at worst, they let the Kings have a coach who will be kicking their ass for the next several years.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, even if the Lakers get the right coach, right Prez-O-Dent and sign a big time FA this off-season and become contenders, it will still be hard for me to see this as anything but a mistake by them.

At best, they let the Kings have a coach that will make them a pain in the Lakers ass for the next several years.

And at worst, they let the Kings have a coach who will be kicking their ass for the next several years.

Whoever the worst coaching candidates are for the Lakers that's who I'm rooting for. I mean good morning!

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It was a good hire long term.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hope we land Williams.....we got permission to talk to him.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that I have heard. The closest thing I've heard to that is surprise that the Kings didn't interview anyone else. It happened so fast, I wonder if Luke took the call from Vlade while he was meeting with the Lakers FO. lol.

Would that be considered tampering if they were talking before Walton was fired?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly.....if Walton was not fired would the Kings have held onto Joerger?

:wtf2:

An article from usatoday.com. Sacramento Kings fire coach Dave Joerger despite best season in 13 year (4-11-19). The article says he was fired on 4/11. One day after the Kings season ended.

An article from sports.yahoo.com. Los Angeles Lakers 'part ways' with coach Luke Walton after 3 seasons (4-12-19). Walton was fired on 4/12.

:laugh3: