• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

We aren't ready yet.

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're getting closer, but we have a bit further to go before we're NC material.

I'm anticipating by Rattler's 2nd year we'll be there....that is if we can hold onto Grinch and Manning.

Its frustrating seeing how far we've fallen in terms of defensive tenacity. If we can pull a miracle out of our defensive recruiting ass this winter we might accelerate the schedule.

Proud_Okie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell, I'm worried about Texas. Both starting tackles are out, I don't trust the defense vs Ehlinger, and OU keeps trying to lead the NCAA in penalties.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell, I'm worried about Texas. Both starting tackles are out, I don't trust the defense vs Ehlinger, and OU keeps trying to lead the NCAA in penalties.

I’m betting we’ll have Ealy back regardless of what Riley says. The LT position is certainly worrisome though.

Proud_Okie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m betting we’ll have Ealy back regardless of what Riley says. The LT position is certainly worrisome though.
Hope so. Defense needs to force some damn turnovers, too.

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup.

Grinch mirrored what you said exactly. Paraphrasing, he was extremely dissatisfied with the effort and product put on the field Saturday.

Practice will be sheer hell this week.

Pads will be popping.

Here's to nobody getting hurt!:suds:

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope they prove me and this thread wrong. :hope:

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...I still can't get onboard.

There's just something about Hurts that bothers me. Why do I feel that he will be the reason we don't get there? Am I just conditioned to expect Mayfield/Murray like performances every snap?

Proud_Okie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...I still can't get onboard.

There's just something about Hurts that bothers me. Why do I feel that he will be the reason we don't get there? Am I just conditioned to expect Mayfield/Murray like performances every snap?
Yes, you are. We've had 4 straight seasons with 2 amazing QBs who could sling the ball all over the field. It's easy to get used to that. Hurts is a different guy.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hurts ain’t the guy to get us there. Riley better pull his head out of his ass. Iowa State and Baylor can do the same shit to us they did but with better athletes.

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hurts ain’t the guy to get us there. Riley better pull his head out of his ass. Iowa State and Baylor can do the same shit to us they did but with better athletes.
I like Hurts. When he's "on" and the gameplan is right, he's a game-changer.

I still feel that Riley is putting him in positions where he isn't comfortable. He doesn't have the vision that his predecessors had. The very first RPO of the game he should have handed off the ball...later in the game that option pitch was the weakest attempt to bait the LB I've ever seen...almost like he doesn't put as much effort into a play if he's taken out of the equation.

I'm surprised at least one of the running backs hasn't 'laid down' or entered the portal yet.

He talks a good game about 'team' and 'teamwork' and 'we'...but there's a big fucking 'I' in the way he's spelling it.

I've seen it from the first game onward and I saw it today.

I have no problem with it as long as we're winning.

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF we drop another game...should the Mordecai or Rattler era begin?

Bedlam131

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I put this in another thread but, maybe it needs to be here.

Lets be honest about this.

1. Oklahoma beat themselves on offense. Two turnovers that K State turned into touchdowns.

2. Riley did get conservative and kicked two FGs on fourth down and short when he usually goes for the first down or touchdown.

3. The defensive backfield got exposed. They have been doing well up to now because pressure in the past games from the front seven has covered it up. K State has a experienced and disciplined O Line that picked up the stunts.

4. The defense got beat outside, something we have all seen glimpses of in past games.

5. The defense was not playing with their usual speed and aggressiveness this game. No jamming receivers and playing soft coverages.

6. There were some time management issues.

7. Say what you want at least Oklahoma did not give up (although for a short time it looked like it).

8. Finally, Oklahoma is still a very good team (although MAYBE not CFP caliber this year) that the base for a Natty is being built in the next few years.

9. A concern now is will Jalen play post season if it is not a Championship be it BIG XII or CFP?

10. The BIG XII is only going to get tougher in years to come but, hopefully we can hold on to the coaching staff and players.

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've bitched a lot about Hurts but you can't argue with his numbers.

The defense is what cost them this game truth be told. K State always has big space eaters up front on offense...reminds me a lot of Nebbish back in the day. OU's defensive speed didn't serve us well in this game, and OU's size across the board up front apparently isn't where it needs to be against this type of offensive scheme.

You see that one fullback KSU had? He was a converted OL, looked like a fucking guard. PUSHED US AROUND. Why couldn't Grinch swap the box lineup to get a little more size up front? That or only have one over the top all game which I think would have helped some but I don't know how much?

When OU was in zone defense K State had the soft spots mapped out with great precision, very Riley-esque. I assume we played WAY more zone scheme in 2nd and 3rd and medium/long situations.

Welp...if Grinch is what we thought he was this shit won't happen again. I don't see another team on the schedule that will test us up front like that.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've bitched a lot about Hurts but you can't argue with his numbers.

The defense is what cost them this game truth be told. K State always has big space eaters up front on offense...reminds me a lot of Nebbish back in the day. OU's defensive speed didn't serve us well in this game, and OU's size across the board up front apparently isn't where it needs to be against this type of offensive scheme.

You see that one fullback KSU had? He was a converted OL, looked like a fucking guard. PUSHED US AROUND. Why couldn't Grinch swap the box lineup to get a little more size up front? That or only have one over the top all game which I think would have helped some but I don't know how much?

When OU was in zone defense K State had the soft spots mapped out with great precision, very Riley-esque. I assume we played WAY more zone scheme in 2nd and 3rd and medium/long situations.

Welp...if Grinch is what we thought he was this shit won't happen again. I don't see another team on the schedule that will test us up front like that.
I go back to what Urben said, OU is missing talent on defense. It cannot win a championship unless we get a good defense like Alabama or Clemson. We used to have it for sooo long at OU. We know one when we see it. I have not seen one in a long time. Grinch can only do so much with what he has. Going forward we have got to get elite talent on defense or we will only go so far, but not win a title. The way this defense played KS, no way in hell, can it compete with Ohio State, LSU, and others.

Proud_Okie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've got a bad feeling about next week...