• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Way too Early Division Champs and Wildcard Predictions

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fully expect Tyrod Taylor to be the starter for the Chargers for at least the first half of that season.

I do hope that they roll with Herbert week 1, though.

Sure, though I'm not sure Taylor is enough qualify the Chargers passing attack as "great" either. Fudge sees the LA passing attack as great, but I don't see a QB that makes them great. At least not at this stage.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AFC East - Pats
AFC North - Raven
AFC South - Colts
AFC West Chiefs
Wildcards - Bills. Steelers, Titans

NFC East - Cowboys
NFC North - Packers
NFC South - Saints
NFC West - SF
Wildcards - Eagles, Vikings, Buccs

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, though I'm not sure Taylor is enough qualify the Chargers passing attack as "great" either. Fudge sees the LA passing attack as great, but I don't see a QB that makes them great. At least not at this stage.
Taylor is a solid game manager. I think the Chiefs and Broncos are just going to blitz him every which way and force him to make decisions quickly.

Lock is the only QB with the potential to really challenge the Chiefs CBs deep, imo, and going into next season the Chiefs CBs are going to be the weak part on the team. Especially if something happens to Breeland.

megalodon30

Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taylor is a solid game manager. I think the Chiefs and Broncos are just going to blitz him every which way and force him to make decisions quickly.

Lock is the only QB with the potential to really challenge the Chiefs CBs deep, imo, and going into next season the Chiefs CBs are going to be the weak part on the team. Especially if something happens to Breeland.

I'm just hoping Jeudy is ready to hit the ground running. Right now, Sutton is the only sure receiving threat teams have to account for. Jeudy being an immediate threat is much better for Lock and the offense, especially with Hamler's speed in the slot. Though Hamler is also a huge question mark as a rookie.

There's way too much boom or bust with Denver's offense right now, depending on all this youth coming together, gaining chemistry and growing together. I highly doubt this team will end up a 4 win team, as fudge suggests. Fangio's defense with a potentially incredibly explosive offense should keep us from that few wins. On the other hand, there's a chance a few of the young receiving pieces could bust, letting defenses key in on Sutton and the running game. Should that happen, this team could end up losing 10-11 games.

I really hope not, but like I said, right now, Denver is just very boom or bust. Whether the Raiders or Chargers are legit threats in the AFC remains to be seen. Fudge has his opinion, I just disagree with it.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just hoping Jeudy is ready to hit the ground running. Right now, Sutton is the only sure receiving threat teams have to account for. Jeudy being an immediate threat is much better for Lock and the offense, especially with Hamler's speed in the slot. Though Hamler is also a huge question mark as a rookie.

There's way too much boom or bust with Denver's offense right now, depending on all this youth coming together, gaining chemistry and growing together. I highly doubt this team will end up a 4 win team, as fudge suggests. Fangio's defense with a potentially incredibly explosive offense should keep us from that few wins. On the other hand, there's a chance a few of the young receiving pieces could bust, letting defenses key in on Sutton and the running game. Should that happen, this team could end up losing 10-11 games.

I really hope not, but like I said, right now, Denver is just very boom or bust. Whether the Raiders or Chargers are legit threats in the AFC remains to be seen. Fudge has his opinion, I just disagree with it.
I agree. Too many ?'s on the Broncos. I'm predicting their win total around 7-9 with a floor of 6 wins and a ceiling of 10 wins.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd agree with the 'boom or bust' elements on the Broncos offense. Probably similar to what the Bengals will be dealing with this year. The difference is that Denver's defense is full of veterans and they should expect that defense to be top 5 or at worst top 10

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Ravens and Chiefs are scary as fuck. If the Titans run game is the same, them too.

The NFC is a little more balanced; less top heavy.

megalodon30

Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd agree with the 'boom or bust' elements on the Broncos offense. Probably similar to what the Bengals will be dealing with this year. The difference is that Denver's defense is full of veterans and they should expect that defense to be top 5 or at worst top 10

That's what I'm hoping. That even if the offense has trouble getting all the young guys on the same page, the defense will be stout enough to keep the team in most games.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what I'm hoping. That even if the offense has trouble getting all the young guys on the same page, the defense will be stout enough to keep the team in most games.
I'm curious.
Are Bronco fans happy with Elway as the GM? Obviously he is a legend in Denver and would get a little extra long leash either way. Is it "taboo" to criticize him much? I don't know enough about how his picks have been, but it seems like he does pretty good outside of the QB position.

megalodon30

Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm curious.
Are Bronco fans happy with Elway as the GM? Obviously he is a legend in Denver and would get a little extra long leash either way. Is it "taboo" to criticize him much? I don't know enough about how his picks have been, but it seems like he does pretty good outside of the QB position.

His leash was very, very short after Lynch, then Keenum, then Flacco. Fans were ready to blow the whole thing up early this past season. Luckily, Lock went out and led the team to a 4-1 finish, so Elway's seat isn't really hot with the fan base right now.

I never really wanted him fired. The team has a lot of decent young pieces right now, despite Elway's struggles to find a fit at QB. Most teams struggle to find franchise QBs, but John has done decent building the team aside from that. And Lock certainly has promise, so I'm glad fans arent in charge of hiring or firing anyone in the front office.

As long as Lock continues to develop and look decent, Elway shouldn't have much to worry about. Though there are at least a few fans who I'm sure are still skeptical.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His leash was very, very short after Lynch, then Keenum, then Flacco. Fans were ready to blow the whole thing up early this past season. Luckily, Lock went out and led the team to a 4-1 finish, so Elway's seat isn't really hot with the fan base right now.

I never really wanted him fired. The team has a lot of decent young pieces right now, despite Elway's struggles to find a fit at QB. Most teams struggle to find franchise QBs, but John has done decent building the team aside from that. And Lock certainly has promise, so I'm glad fans arent in charge of hiring or firing anyone in the front office.

As long as Lock continues to develop and look decent, Elway shouldn't have much to worry about. Though there are at least a few fans who I'm sure are still skeptical.
Hopefully Lock works out. It's certainly been a long string of failures at QB.

Before the Colts hired Ballard, I was hoping they could get Manning to be the GM. Mostly because he is extremely studious in everything he does. Spending the extra time watching video of players is what makes a good GM in my book.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Too many ?'s on the Broncos. I'm predicting their win total around 7-9 with a floor of 6 wins and a ceiling of 10 wins.

I feel the same way but I don't trust Lock. He might impress me and I'm a man who admits when he is wrong and is willing to eat shit if he runs his mouth too much.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also.

Making a BOLD Draft prediction next year.

6 QBs go in the first round. 2 to playoff teams

Tampa, Chicago, New Orleans, Jacksonville and 2 others.

Ian Book reaches late first and goes to a playoff team

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AFCE...BUF
S........TN
N........BAL
W........KC

WC....PIT, IND, HOU

NFCE...DAL
S........ATL
N........GB
W........SEA

WC...NO, SF, TB

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Ravens and Chiefs are scary as fuck. If the Titans run game is the same, them too.

The NFC is a little more balanced; less top heavy.
Yeah as soon as the AFC finally gets some some top dogs Brady be like “I’m out”

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a couple of predictions:

1) i think the titans take a step back this season. maybe not make the playoffs.
2) i think the bills as well take a step back and miss the playoff
3) Bucs take a big step up and win their division

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if I was ranking the power level of the AFC West, it'd be in 5th place so I wouldn't say its that tough. My guess is the Broncos will go 3-3 in division.

It does come down to Drew Lock's development. He won some games last year but I think he has to actually improve for them to make the playoffs. Denver absolutely has a roster that should be competing for the playoffs.

Yeah other than the Chiefs. Teams have question marks.

Will Carr ever take the next step?
Tyrod Taylor in a new offense. How will that look?
Is Lock the real deal? He has some very nice pieces.

Can't trust anyone for a WC bc of all the question marks. I would take the Steelers with Big Ben, the Titans...maybe even the Texans/Colts over any of those teams.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad nobody is really picking CLE...less pressure :clap:

Surprise these fuckers!

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AFCE...BUF
S........TN
N........BAL
W........KC

WC....PIT, IND, HOU

NFCE...DAL
S........ATL
N........GB
W........SEA

WC...NO, SF, TB
Interesting that you have 3 teams going to the playoffs from 1 division in the AFC and 1 division in the NFC.
I'm not challenging it, just find it interesting.