• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Way too Early Division Champs and Wildcard Predictions

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad nobody is really picking CLE...less pressure :clap:

Surprise these fuckers!
Mostly because they failed last season. I was torn between them and the Steelers getting a WC out of the AFC North.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah as soon as the AFC finally gets some some top dogs Brady be like “I’m out”

He and Gronk are so cooked. But the NFC is so "eh" they might actually have a chance to make the playoffs. I still don't see it.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting that you have 3 teams going to the playoffs from 1 division in the AFC and 1 division in the NFC.
I'm not challenging it, just find it interesting.

Yeah...these are off the cuff hunches at this point for me.

Some thought went into them though.

AFCS...I think TN will be TN...meaning 9-7, gritty. Solid DEF/run game. IND has more talent, regardless of what Rivers they get, he's better than Brissett...HOU is the team I'm not so sure about making it, but when I look around...it's difficult to go with NYJ, DEN, CLE, etc. to beat them out for a 7th spot. Any one of them could do it...interesting year coming up for CLE, plenty of talent to make the 3 game improvement over LY and flip it to a 9 win or more team....3rd yr for Baker, 1st yr for the new HC.

If Ben is back, Steelers could be really good and challenge BAL for the DIV. If Ben is not right and they will fight to stay above .500.

NFCS...whatever we think about Brady today, we know he's probably not going to throw 31 INTs...this DIV probably has the strongest collections of starting QBs top to bottom in the league. ATL and TB both look to be 9 or 10 win teams...The Saints have been the gold standard winning the DIV the last 3 yrs...I think that run comes to an end, that's why I picked the Falcons, but probably due to tiebreakers or something.

PHI could very easily win the east, and DAL could be a WC team or vice versa. I'm not a believer in Cousins, or Trubisky. Rams...I feel like the window is closing fast, they drafted Akers to replace Gurley, but a lot people feel like Goff is just a guy...not sure how to feel about the LAR just yet.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad nobody is really picking CLE...less pressure :clap:

Surprise these fuckers!

To be honest...that's probably the best case for the Browns to dance this yr. Four or five primetime games? They weren't ready for that yet.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AFC East: Buffalo
AFC North: Pittsburgh
AFC South: Indianapolis
AFC West: Who else? Kansas City
Wild Cards: Baltimore, Cleveland, and New England

NFC East: Dallas
NFC North: Chicago
NFC South: Tampa Bay
NFC West: San Francisco
Wild Cards: New Orleans, Seattle, and Green Bay

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...and that's with the NFL a combined 21 wins over .500.
It also the NFC West going 29-11 in non-divisional games. That would be the 2nd best combined record posted by any division in the 8 division era. :scratch:

Possibly some pre-season exuberance and/or covid cabin fever involved. :noidea:

Well the NFC West has an easy outside schedule next year. SF should sweep both east divisions, Seattle should win six, LA four, and Arizona anywhere from four to eight(more on that). SF should beat GB, Seattle should beat Minnesota, and Arizona should beat Detroit. However, Arizona could win in Carolina, Seattle could win in Atlanta, and probably will. LAR truly has the tougher two games.

Arizona possibly benefits from a home trend with Dallas and NYG against NFC divisions. They have gone 3-1,, 4-0, or 0-4 combined. If the Giants can't beat SF or Arizona, and it was already most likely SF over Dallas, why not just have Arizona win there too? Philadelphia has to go to Arizona but that may be the game Arizona has the most trouble in with this division. Against the AFC East, Arizona hosts Miami and Buffalo and goes on the road against the Pats and Jets. The AFC East could be an underrated unpredictable division but not one that could thwart SF or Seattle.

It's not impossible.

PhilSimms11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AFC East--BUF*
AFC North--BAL
AFC South--TEN*
AFC West--KC
wildcards--DEN, IND, PIT