• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Watt and Dupree NOT having breakout years?

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of the 47 NFL edge defenders with 20-plus pressures this season, Dupree and Watt have the fifth and sixth-highest percentage of pressures charted as either unblocked or clean-up/pursuit pressures – free pressures – at 45.7% and 45.5%, respectively. Now, free pressures don’t drag an edge defender’s grade down, but they don’t boost the figure either, nor do they count as wins.

Removing Watt’s 15 free pressures, the second-year Wisconsin product has just six sacks on the season and ranks 31st in total pressures among all edge defenders.

kinda odd

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
haha i agree on dupree.......

TJ im with you

Dupree spends more time trying to catch the play because the dumb shit had over run the play to start.....

But TJ being in his second year, sheeeit, he's doing just fine.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dupree spends more time trying to catch the play because the dumb shit had over run the play to start.....

But TJ being in his second year, sheeeit, he's doing just fine.
i hope they send dupree packing......i really do

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i hope they send dupree packing......i really do

Tomlin won't do it....

And until they pick someone up to fill Shazier's shoes, they'll look at his dumb ass a the leader in the linebacker core.

Just Tomlin's logic of thinking.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tomlin won't do it....

And until they pick someone up to fill Shazier's shoes, they'll look at his dumb ass a the leader in the linebacker core.

Just Tomlin's logic of thinking.
sadly i know you're right. Maybe they will draft ANOTHER lb in round 1

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We talk about Bud in the same vein that we did Jarvis Jones and it's disservice to Bud's game imo. Dupree is a starting caliber athlete...he's having a solid season, but he's always going to be looking up at TJ's stat line.

$9.2 mil is the problem...a lot for his production, but they don't have much behind him at OLB so it's almost certain that he will be back next yr. What sucks is they won't have the balls to sit him if Adeniyi is outplaying him in camp.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing that really favors Bud is Butler's scheme. Bud's range allows Butler to get pretty creative with his blitz packages. So even though Bud isn't putting up the stats that everyone glamorizes, he's still doing a lot of dirty work that goes unnoticed. For that reason alone I almost guarantee we see Dupree back here in 2019.

I think TJ is having a great year. He's doing exactly what he's supposed to do. He still has to refine his rush attack because he can get swallowed up at times, but he's a warrior. Even if he gets stonewalled for 3 quarters he's still going to play out his heart on the field. That sort of motor you simply cannot teach.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing that really favors Bud is Butler's scheme. Bud's range allows Butler to get pretty creative with his blitz packages. So even though Bud isn't putting up the stats that everyone glamorizes, he's still doing a lot of dirty work that goes unnoticed. For that reason alone I almost guarantee we see Dupree back here in 2019.

I think TJ is having a great year. He's doing exactly what he's supposed to do. He still has to refine his rush attack because he can get swallowed up at times, but he's a warrior. Even if he gets stonewalled for 3 quarters he's still going to play out his heart on the field. That sort of motor you simply cannot teach.

You hit the nail squarely on the head with Dupree...he's such a good athlete that he can be schemed into some sacks, and as you said a lot of grunt work that doesn't show up in stats. I just hope his presence is not stunting anybody's growth...namely Adeniyi who seems to have a little of the IT factor when it comes to getting after the QB.

TJ...yep, the OCs look at tape too and if you lean on one move too much even if it's working they will be better prepared as yrs go by....gotta constantly add moves until you're comfortable using them all in games...then you can tailor them to the weakness of who you're facing.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You hit the nail squarely on the head with Dupree...he's such a good athlete that he can be schemed into some sacks, and as you said a lot of grunt work that doesn't show up in stats. I just hope his presence is not stunting anybody's growth...namely Adeniyi who seems to have a little of the IT factor when it comes to getting after the QB.

TJ...yep, the OCs look at tape too and if you lean on one move too much even if it's working they will be better prepared as yrs go by....gotta constantly add moves until you're comfortable using them all in games...then you can tailor them to the weakness of who you're facing.
Yea I think everyone can agree that Dupree simply doesn't have the IT factor. If he had better awareness and more pass-rush moves he would be a much better OLB. But the fact is, he relies on his speed in pass rush situations. He thinks that if he can simply get that first step quicker than the OT that he'll beat him. Which can be true against weaker LTs, but most of the time he overplays the pocket and takes himself right out of the play. It's almost as if he fears the fight against the OT. He has no dog in him.