• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Watson's asking price

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is reported the Texans want:

"It is, as expected, a hefty ask. According to McClain, the team would want in a Watson deal: two first-round draft picks, two second-round selections and two young defensive starters. And that would be a starting point"

I would imagine Roquan Smith would have to be included.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49ers are out is my guess...lol...rumors of them looking into Kirk Cousins of all things...

The Bears aren't trading for Watson.

I guess that begs the question, who else then?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49ers are out is my guess...lol...rumors of them looking into Kirk Cousins of all things...
49ers are close to making a trade for Matt Ryan of the Falcons. Talks have been ongoing since last Thursday. Could be a three way deal. Patriots send a second to the falcons, falcons send ryan to 49ers, 49ers send Garrapolo to the patriots. Everybody wins.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49ers are close to making a trade for Matt Ryan of the Falcons. Talks have been ongoing since last Thursday. Could be a three way deal. Patriots send a second to the falcons, falcons send ryan to 49ers, 49ers send Garrapolo to the patriots. Everybody wins.

Garropolo back to the Patriots would be intriguing.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want Matt Ryan on the bears... :tsk:

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"It is, as expected, a hefty ask. According to McClain, the team would want in a Watson deal: two first-round draft picks, two second-round selections and two young defensive starters. And that would be a starting point"

I trust the Bears will pass. Now try and imagine the hypothetical as to what it would take to land Patrick Mahomes.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want Matt Ryan on the bears... :tsk:

That actually would be one of the most reasonable options as far as it goes as I'm guessing he wouldn't cost us an arm and a leg...Most routes they could take at QB lead to disaster outside of the Hail Mary rookie draft pick turning gold imo.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I trust the Bears will pass. Now try and imagine the hypothetical as to what it would take to land Patrick Mahomes.

Dude...I mean, we could actually have considered something like this if we hadn't surrendered so much draft capital on Trubisky and Mack...

Moving all that draft capital on those guys and then directing course into a move like this seems so stupid. Such a move could only be excused if we made/won the Super Bowl and turned like every other late round draft pick we made for the next couple years into gold...Anything less would probably spell disaster.

And that's not me dogging Deshaun Watson in the slightest. I would LOVE to have him on our team. But it's just not feasible given our circumstance. We'd have to have way more than can reasonably be expected go right in all of our other moves to make it work.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And to think.... We could have just stayed at 3 and picked him... sigh

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is reported the Texans want:

I would imagine Roquan Smith would have to be included.

Id give two no.1s and 2nd rders and 1 player for Watson.......

As long as the conditions would be we keep this urs 2nd and they take the 2022 and 2023 2nd rders.....Player Id offer is Mack.....

Mack makes a shitload of money and if the Texans would take that deal,it frees up more cap space for us......

Othereise Im for Carr or a 1sr round pick qb.....Jones

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texans are rebuilding and they won’t be expected to compete any time soon. I doubt the player they would want is Mack. It will have to be Roquan.

We have the 20th pick, not exactly early. So two first rounders likely wouldn’t be enough.

And with the 20th pick Jones may not even be there. Word is the Pats are eyeing him.

So stupid not to tank.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We aren’t a QB away from the Superbowl, so let’s stop pretending we are!

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about Matt Ryan I would probably pay the hefty price tag on Watson. My question with Ryan is that this guy made a living throwing to Julio Jones and he has had very good offensive players to work with from Todd Gurley, Calvin Ridley, Tony Gonzalez, Devonta Freeman, Roddy White and a very good offensive line. He is already 35 so who knows how many years he will have left.

With Watson you are giving up a ton of picks but this years draft class will be tough to measure prospects and they just announced they will cancel the combine. I would sell the picks this year and next and have a 25 year old Watson that will play for the team for the next 10 seasons. Honestly the time for you guys is now Rodgers looks like his time is coming to an end in Green Bay, the Vikings are looking to trade away Cousins and the lions are the lions. If you guys land Watson I don't see why you wouldn't win the division.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about Matt Ryan I would probably pay the hefty price tag on Watson. My question with Ryan is that this guy made a living throwing to Julio Jones and he has had very good offensive players to work with from Todd Gurley, Calvin Ridley, Tony Gonzalez, Devonta Freeman, Roddy White and a very good offensive line. He is already 35 so who knows how many years he will have left.

With Watson you are giving up a ton of picks but this years draft class will be tough to measure prospects and they just announced they will cancel the combine. I would sell the picks this year and next and have a 25 year old Watson that will play for the team for the next 10 seasons. Honestly the time for you guys is now Rodgers looks like his time is coming to an end in Green Bay, the Vikings are looking to trade away Cousins and the lions are the lions. If you guys land Watson I don't see why you wouldn't win the division.

Man...I'm not sure how many Bears games you watched this year...but there's chinks all over our team's armor. Yeah, the D is good...but we have very little on offense and are losing our best weapon...and most of our positions are razor thin where a single injury will put us in serious jeopardy a la Manti Te'o coming off the street for a playoff game starting for us.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And to think.... We could have just stayed at 3 and picked him... sigh
He’s the QB I wanted most in that draft. After him getting so upset with the Texans over a HC hire that he’s demanding a trade, I want him a lot less now. If he’s mad at the Texans for hiring coaches he doesn’t like, how long will it take for him to get mad at the bears and demand a trade? Heck, the QB we drafted has been bashing the coaching.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We aren’t a QB away from the Superbowl, so let’s stop pretending we are!

I think this is debatable. The Bears have as talented and deep of a roster as they've had in some time, save for maybe an o-lineman or two.

I know I'm beating a dead horse at this point, but I think Nagy is the problem, and I think 2018, was the worst thing that could've happened to him. Took him a solid season and a half to even start to deflate the ego that came from that season.

Dude comes off as some arena league coach to me and seemingly does the opposite of what he should do in most instances. Like, let's see...you have an average, hodge-podged o-line, a statue in Nick Foles at QB, a young inexperienced receiving corps, and a young, stud RB. What would YOU do? What did HE do? I see another wasted year with Nagy, regardless of who's at QB.

But hey, Club Dub, amirite? :pout:

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man...I'm not sure how many Bears games you watched this year...but there's chinks all over our team's armor. Yeah, the D is good...but we have very little on offense and are losing our best weapon...and most of our positions are razor thin where a single injury will put us in serious jeopardy a la Manti Te'o coming off the street for a playoff game starting for us.
LB depth is week.

Decent roster and depth most everywhere else tho, IMO. Good enough to win football games.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The offense has plenty of talent, IMO and is an indictment of either the coach or the QB or both.

Top 10 RB
Top 10 WR, Mooney and Miller will be successful in the NFL, once he reigns in the attitude. (coach indictment)
Young stud TE and HOF vet
Whitehair is a good lineman, and our depth there looks to be better than the starters.(coach indictment)

Defense has All-pro's at every level. Just watch how much better they look next year without that fucking retard Pagano at the helm. They will be back to what we saw under Fangio.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s the QB I wanted most in that draft. After him getting so upset with the Texans over a HC hire that he’s demanding a trade, I want him a lot less now. If he’s mad at the Texans for hiring coaches he doesn’t like, how long will it take for him to get mad at the bears and demand a trade? Heck, the QB we drafted has been bashing the coaching.

Mitch is throwing Nagy and Co. under the bus? Link(s)?