• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Watson to the Rams?

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,796.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it comes down to the Rams or 49ers now or another team in the NFC.

This is gonna get nasty and I doubt Houston sends him to another team in the AFC.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
really nice christmas vacation GIF

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,796.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams have reached out to the Lions and are interested in Stafford.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have heard the same... what do we give up for him? No way we could have Goff and Stafford. Hmmmm

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rams put that out there to put pressure on the Texans, saying basically they can go another route if needed. Texans don't have a whole lot of leverage as is, with Watson's no trade clause.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams put that out there to put pressure on the Texans, saying basically they can go another route if needed. Texans don't have a whole lot of leverage as is, with Watson's no trade clause.
I could be wrong but is it not Watson who has no leverage?

Listen to the Texans new GM:

"Organizationally, just want to reiterate our commitment to Deshaun Watson," Caserio said. "He's had a great impact on this organization, a great impact on a lot of people, a great impact on this team, and we look forward for the opportunity to spend more time with him here this spring, once we get started.

"And we have zero interest in trading the player. We have a great plan, a great vision for him and for this team, and his role on this team, and we look forward to the opportunity to spend more time with him here this spring."

Watson has 2 choices from what I can see. Play or sit. Sitting is expensive.

"If the Texans choose not to trade Watson, he could opt not to report to mandatory team activities or training camp, but at a cost. Houston can fine Watson $95,877 for missing minicamp and can fine him $50,000 per day for each day of training camp missed plus one week's salary -- $620,000 -- for each preseason game missed. In the unlikely scenario that Watson chooses to retire, the Texans can collect $21.6 million."

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could be wrong but is it not Watson who has no leverage?

Listen to the Texans new GM:

"Organizationally, just want to reiterate our commitment to Deshaun Watson," Caserio said. "He's had a great impact on this organization, a great impact on a lot of people, a great impact on this team, and we look forward for the opportunity to spend more time with him here this spring, once we get started.

"And we have zero interest in trading the player. We have a great plan, a great vision for him and for this team, and his role on this team, and we look forward to the opportunity to spend more time with him here this spring."

Watson has 2 choices from what I can see. Play or sit. Sitting is expensive.

"If the Texans choose not to trade Watson, he could opt not to report to mandatory team activities or training camp, but at a cost. Houston can fine Watson $95,877 for missing minicamp and can fine him $50,000 per day for each day of training camp missed plus one week's salary -- $620,000 -- for each preseason game missed. In the unlikely scenario that Watson chooses to retire, the Texans can collect $21.6 million."

So the Texans are going to keep a guy that doesn't want to play for them, how many times has a player demanded a trade and got what he wanted? Moss, Faulk, Bettis, Elway, Favre, Montana, Cutler, Carson Palmer, Antonio Brown, Jalen Ramsey, are all guys that got traded because they demanded it. Keeping disgruntled guys around isn't good for the team nor locker room.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Texans are going to keep a guy that doesn't want to play for them, how many times has a player demanded a trade and got what he wanted? Moss, Faulk, Bettis, Elway, Favre, Montana, Cutler, Carson Palmer, Antonio Brown, Jalen Ramsey, are all guys that got traded because they demanded it. Keeping disgruntled guys around isn't good for the team nor locker room.
How many of those guys signed an extension and 100 days later wanted out? This one is somewhat unique.
And are the odds great that the few teams that Wilson wants to play for can give the Texans a good value for him?

If nothing else they both got each other by the balls.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,796.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree but think it's more likely they get Staff than Watson now.