• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Watson suspension and schedule impact

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assuming the 6 games sticks..... The Steelers are the only division team that gets a game without Watson. The Jets, Chargers, and Patriots are AFC teams that catch a break by not facing Watson.

Watson's first two games will be at Baltimore, and home for MNF against the Bengals. Baltimore is an especially tough place to re-emerge after 1.5 years of allegations - Going to be an interesting crowd and dynamic in that game. I wonder if the commish will allow practice time before that week.... If he's too limited in practice, there is an argument to be made to keep him on the bench in that game and to come back for a home game against the Bengals. We'll see.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess...the league will sit on this for a few days, see how the reaction is - and then decide if to "appeal".

Any appeal is heard by RG, so if they think the outcry warrants additional games - I think you could see this bumped up to 10-12 games.

Otherwise, it's pretty much status quo: Star athlete completely mutilates the bargaining agreement regarding sexual assault, but gets a slap on the wrist...and by a female judge, no less....

Meanwhile, Ridley bet 1500 on parlays while not playing and lost a full year plus+.... Should have just assaulted a woman, or 20, while not playing and he would have been good to go....

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess...the league will sit on this for a few days, see how the reaction is - and then decide if to "appeal".

Any appeal is heard by RG, so if they think the outcry warrants additional games - I think you could see this bumped up to 10-12 games.

Otherwise, it's pretty much status quo: Star athlete completely mutilates the bargaining agreement regarding sexual assault, but gets a slap on the wrist...and by a female judge, no less....

Meanwhile, Ridley bet 1500 on parlays while not playing and lost a full year plus+.... Should have just assaulted a woman, or 20, while not playing and he would have been good to go....
I detect some cynicism here.... Maybe you need a massage. LOL.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nevermind. It looks like the NFL is in damage-control mode. They're throwing the book at him. I think we're back to the real possibility of Watson not seeing the field at all this year.

Going to be some fun times at the Factory of Sadness this fall.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Update - Watson will now be available for Week 12. No real advantages or disadvantages for anyone in our division. We all get one game against him and one game without him. For the Bengals, they'll be playing him in his second game back..... After a particularly difficult trip to Houston for his first game back. Good position to be in for the Bengals.

It's also worth noting that even if Watson ends up being a great QB for Cleveland, it might not happen this year. The guy will have gone a long time between football games by the time he plays again. That's a lot of rust to knock off.... Not to mention that he has to get used to a new system and it will be tougher for him to release his stress (LOL).

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Update - Watson will now be available for Week 12. No real advantages or disadvantages for anyone in our division. We all get one game against him and one game without him. For the Bengals, they'll be playing him in his second game back..... After a particularly difficult trip to Houston for his first game back. Good position to be in for the Bengals.

It's also worth noting that even if Watson ends up being a great QB for Cleveland, it might not happen this year. The guy will have gone a long time between football games by the time he plays again. That's a lot of rust to knock off.... Not to mention that he has to get used to a new system and it will be tougher for him to release his stress (LOL).
Not to mention - Road games are going to be a BIIIITTCCHHH - especially that first game back in Houston.....Media is going to have to drown out the crowd chants....

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so no browns playoffs it is:suds:

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he plays his old team, and then the bengals

hoping that he's rusty and doesn't really return to form just by getting plugged into the offense.
most likely, he will get in more trouble.