• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Watchmen (TV series)

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's high praise
I'm a big fan of Tim Blake Nelson and Trent Reznor so its pretty much what I'm looking for.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a big fan of Tim Blake Nelson and Trent Reznor so its pretty much what I'm looking for.

It's also the first episode that felt more like the Watchmen than even the movie.
thanks for reminding me, I am putting on the soundtrack to the show now. That has been pretty damn good.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be shocked if we never get one.

Anyways, this last episode was the best episode of anything I've seen in awhile.

I was really blown away by this last episode.

I read the comic and watched the movie but not because I'm a huge fan of comics. I was just curious about what is allegedly the greatest graphic novel ever made. It was good but nothing earth shattering.

However it does make me really appreciate what Lindelof is doing here. I absolutely LOVE how he woven the original story into the modern story.

Showing the details of Veidt's imprisonment was downright awesome. As was the origin story of Looking Glass. Loved the shout out to my hometown of Hoboken even if it was some weird alternate universe Hoboken.

I cannot wait to see what happens with Angela and the Nostalgia.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was really blown away by this last episode.

I read the comic and watched the movie but not because I'm a huge fan of comics. I was just curious about what is allegedly the greatest graphic novel ever made. It was good but nothing earth shattering.

However it does make me really appreciate what Lindelof is doing here. I absolutely LOVE how he woven the original story into the modern story.

Showing the details of Veidt's imprisonment was downright awesome. As was the origin story of Looking Glass. Loved the shout out to my hometown of Hoboken even if it was some weird alternate universe Hoboken.

I cannot wait to see what happens with Angela and the Nostalgia.
I really like the movie but the last episode was the first one that felt better than the movie.

My only complaint is how long its taken to weave the original story into a modern story. This was meant to be digested all at once, imo

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like the movie but the last episode was the first one that felt better than the movie.

My only complaint is how long its taken to weave the original story into a modern story. This was meant to be digested all at once, imo

Really? I absolutely love the slow reveal and I think it was vital in making the show its own story. If they just did a rehash of the comic/movie it would have seemed derivative.

Each episode seems to be an exposition for a character and their motives.

I can't wait to see the next episode and how Wade handles his situation as well.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I haven't seen the latest episode, but you can obviously see parts of the original story in this one. The Owl's aircraft, Rorschach masks on the Seventh Kavalry, occasional mentions of The Comedian and Silk Spectre, etc

I picked up on Veidt being Ozymandias. Is that the piece you guys were missing?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't seen the latest episode, but you can obviously see parts of the original story in this one. The Owl's aircraft, Rorschach masks on the Seventh Kavalry, occasional mentions of The Comedian and Silk Spectre, etc

I picked up on Veidt being Ozymandias. Is that the piece you guys were missing?
Oh, I got that on the first episode. The piece I was missing at the start is how Tulsa, OK and Don Johnson fit into everything.

Functionally, imo, Don Johnson is the Comedian here and Regina King is Rorschach. Looking glass I'm guessing is kinda like Nite Owl. My disappointment with Don Johnson's arc only really impacts the first episode. King's character is super important to nail for the show to stick the landing. What we have with her character arc going forward will make or break the show for me but I'm at the point where I'm finally enjoying it quite a bit.

The Veidt stuff is super important to set the themes of the show. Individually they aren't that entertaining but as a whole they add a lot.

Edit: I added a spoiler tag. cal

Last edited by a moderator:

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I got that on the first episode. The piece I was missing at the start is how Tulsa, OK and Don Johnson fit into everything.

Functionally, imo, Don Johnson is the Comedian here and Regina King is Rorschach. Looking glass I'm guessing is kinda like Nite Owl. My disappointment with Don Johnson's arc only really impacts the first episode. King's character is super important to nail for the show to stick the landing. What we have with her character arc going forward will make or break the show for me but I'm at the point where I'm finally enjoying it quite a bit.

The Veidt stuff is super important to set the themes of the show. Individually they aren't that entertaining but as a whole they add a lot.
I stopped reading after the first sentence...should the rest be a spoiler?

Edit: I added the spoiler to the quoted portion. cal

Last edited by a moderator:

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I stopped reading after the first sentence...should the rest be a spoiler?
Yes and no. Its spoiler enough so i'll go back and edit

edit- I missed my window

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am kinda liking it. I have never read the books, so I am a bit lost, but it is interesting enough to keep me coming back.

Ditto.

I quite like it and it seems so does the Ball and Chain.

I believe I saw the movie. But also never read any books or comics.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ditto.

I quite like it and it seems so does the Ball and Chain.

I believe I saw the movie. But also never read any books or comics.
The books are important for you to get the whole squid thing since I don't think the movie ever touches on that. The ending of the movie was changed from the book.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FTR, I think Looking Glass is Rorschach and Regina King is Nite Owl. Although I think those pretty loose comparisons.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The books are important for you to get the whole squid thing since I don't think the movie ever touches on that. The ending of the movie was changed from the book.

Might give them a whirl after I finish Hangmans..

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I see an original book and a bunch of "befores"?

Is there an order to read?

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

(emphasized part of your quote in the spoiler)

They telegraph this in a way in the when a blood drop lands on Johnson's police badge, giving it the same look as the blood drop of the Comedian logo from the novels.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see an original book and a bunch of "befores"?

Is there an order to read?
I have only read the main book. I think that's really all you need

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
caught up on the latest episode last night. I liked how they did the flashback, that was pretty slick.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you aren't reading Peteypedia each week after the episode, you're missing some rather potentially big story details.

From this week, during Angela's nostalgia trip, she was actually talking or babbling throughout the entire trip so Laurie and the FBI now know about Will and the fact that he was Hooded Justice.

Another interesting tidbit; Lady Trieu has been handing out free HDTVs to everyone.

Why is that interesting? Well, we saw from the memories that Will used a mind control device to have Judd kill himself. It's the same technology the KKK used to control the black audience's mind during movie shows. Will and Lady Trieu are working together so she might know about that technology. So...maybe that Millennium Clock isn't a clock, but instead a broadcast tower that will send a certain signal to everyone getting the free TVs...