• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Watch out for the Carolina Panthers

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
Everyone here is completely dismissing the Cardinals. I am sure they like it that way. Maybe they feed off disrespect just like the Hawks do. I will make a bold prediction and say the Cardinals leave Carolina with a win. But I could be wrong.
I am not dismissing them Geezer. They have a stellar defense. The problem is if you offense cannot move the ball your defense eventually wears out.
Also the Panthers have shown the ability to screw up a big game in the past. This last Sunday's performance was encouraging.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You state that Carolina's D can shut Seattle down and give a few stats on how the Seahawk offense has done against the Carolina D.
It is totally relevant to show how Carolina does offensively against the Seattle D, but that would make your opinion of the outcome look rather uninformed.

We know what Seattle defense can do. You can post the stats if you want.

My opinion of the outcome is that due to having a great defense the panthers can hang with Seattle.

My opinion would look uninformed because Seattle defense shut down Carolina? Lol I never seen a fan base bitch so much about someone's opinion. You guys should really only post on your team board because if someone dare suggest a team can even hang with Seattle it is an issue. My opinion is my opinion and I feel like 4 of the teams in the nfc can hang with Seattle in Seattle. The only team IN MY OPINION that would get destroyed is Arizona due to their qb situation. Detroit also got a defense that can go to Seattle and hang with them all game long. Just for the record hang doesn't = win

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said relatively low scoring BHF. 5 points per game less that GB or Dallas.

Assuming we get by Arizona - and that is no sure bet as we have show the ability to lay an egg in big national games:
I think Dallas would be the most difficult team for us. They are so balanced on Offense and will put up points in bunches. The Panthers are not built to score lots of points against a decent or better defense. We have a better shot against a low scoring team like Seattle.
The Packer's D is suspect and sounds like the QB might be a bit hobbled.

You may have intended to, but you didn't.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arizona had a pretty good defense as well and we put down almost 600 yards on them a couple weeks ago. Seattle has just as much of a chance at absolutely blowing Carolina out as Carolina has at holding the game to a low scoring final.

Once again this is bks going by box score scouting rather than having actually watched the games.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arizona had a pretty good defense as well and we put down almost 600 yards on them a couple weeks ago. Seattle has just as much of a chance at absolutely blowing Carolina out as Carolina has at holding the game to a low scoring final.

Once again this is bks going by box score scouting rather than having actually watched the games.

Yep you're right....Seattle is held to 2 fgs after 45 minutes against the same team in back to back years all the time.

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep you're right....Seattle is held to 2 fgs after 45 minutes against the same team in back to back years all the time.

Because a two game sample size is meaningful.

Makes much more sense to point out that even though Seattle is much better at home than on the road, and historically struggles in early games on the east coast, Carolina still hasn't found a way to beat them the last three times they have played. All at home. Now a squad that has managed to go on the road and beat a team with a winning record just once in two years has to go cross country into arguably the most hostile stadium in the league to get a win.

But we're haters for pointing out the unlikelihood of that.

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We know what Seattle defense can do. You can post the stats if you want.

My opinion of the outcome is that due to having a great defense the panthers can hang with Seattle.

My opinion would look uninformed because Seattle defense shut down Carolina? Lol I never seen a fan base bitch so much about someone's opinion. You guys should really only post on your team board because if someone dare suggest a team can even hang with Seattle it is an issue. My opinion is my opinion and I feel like 4 of the teams in the nfc can hang with Seattle in Seattle. The only team IN MY OPINION that would get destroyed is Arizona due to their qb situation. Detroit also got a defense that can go to Seattle and hang with them all game long. Just for the record hang doesn't = win

I've tried to respond to you before and the best debate you have is this:L.
You will not discuss a question I ask you.
The part I bolded in your quote, MY problem with you is that when a poster from another fan base states that Seattle probably won't be beat, you attribute that to ALL Seattle Fans.

It's the "way you put words in our mouths" and then bitch about it.

I don't care if you think another team can beat Seattle, what I can't stand is you making blanket statements about ALL Seattle fans. Stick to YOUR opinion about outcomes and I have no problem, keep attacking Seattle fans for things they don't say, well then, that's an issue.

Have fun dude, but quit telling us what WE didn't say.:suds:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because a two game sample size is meaningful.

Makes much more sense to point out that even though Seattle is much better at home than on the road, and historically struggles in early games on the east coast, Carolina still hasn't found a way to beat them the last three times they have played. All at home. Now a squad that has managed to go on the road and beat a team with a winning record just once in two years has to go cross country into arguably the most hostile stadium in the league to get a win.

But we're haters for pointing out the unlikelihood of that.

Show me where I actually said Carolina would win in Seattle? All I have been saying all along is that I can see them hanging with Seattle. You guys get offended if anyone dare suggest that Seattle isn't going to mop the floor with every team in Seattle

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've tried to respond to you before and the best debate you have is this:L.
You will not discuss a question I ask you.
The part I bolded in your quote, MY problem with you is that when a poster from another fan base states that Seattle probably won't be beat, you attribute that to ALL Seattle Fans.

It's the "way you put words in our mouths" and then bitch about it.

I don't care if you think another team can beat Seattle, what I can't stand is you making blanket statements about ALL Seattle fans. Stick to YOUR opinion about outcomes and I have no problem, keep attacking Seattle fans for things they don't say, well then, that's an issue.

Have fun dude, but quit telling us what WE didn't say.:suds:

Almost all the time when I'm addressing Seahawks fans, I would say "SOME SEAHAWKS FANS" or " NOT ALL SEAHAWKS FANS"

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Show me where I actually said Carolina would win in Seattle? All I have been saying all along is that I can see them hanging with Seattle. You guys get offended if anyone dare suggest that Seattle isn't going to mop the floor with every team in Seattle

This. ^^^^ Show me a post(s) where a Seattle poster said we can't be beat.
I agree you say it's possible(not probable) for a team to beat Seattle. I don't have a problem with that.

I think Seattle can be beat, they already have been defeated by Dallas.

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Where did I claim that you did say that?

I'm just pointing out that your argument has big holes.

"Carolina has hung with them in the past."
"Sure. With the deck stacked in their favor in just about every way possible. And they still couldn't win. Now they have to go on the road, where they have been awful the past two years, and play a team that is very, very good at home."

"The scores were close at the end."
"Yup, and Seattle could have scored at least one more time in each of the past meetings if they had decided to throw class out the window."

"The scores were close far three quarters."
"Yup. But as 40% of our TDs came in the fourth quarter or later, that's par for the course."

"Why are you getting so offended?"
"I'm hardly offended. I, like most Hawk fans, have said 'any given Sunday'. But there is precious little evidence on the table that suggests that we should be overly worried about facing the Panthers in The Clink. Particularly after a week off to get healthy. Incidently, we are 4-0 with a weeks rest the past two seasons."

Have I missed anything?

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,305.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This. ^^^^ Show me a post(s) where a Seattle poster said we can't be beat.
I agree you say it's possible(not probable) for a team to beat Seattle. I don't have a problem with that.

I think Seattle can be beat, they already have been defeated by Dallas.

You don't get it. He has to make up something to be indignant about when it comes to Seattle fans. Truth be damned. He isn't happy if he isn't bitching about something he's flat out making up about us. I mean you'd have to be a complete retard to not get the difference between saying you think your team is going to win two games at home and saying they can't be beat.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle fans never did flat out say they are invincible at home but based on responses from some Seahawks fans (take note of the word some & not all) that's the way it seem like they're thinking even though they won't come out & directly say it

PPhan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the playoffs, huge upsets can happen.

Nobody saw the Giants beating the 18-0 Pats either.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OP always talking smack about another team. It never fails.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,305.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle fans never did flat out say they are invincible at home but based on responses from some Seahawks fans (take note of the word some & not all) that's the way it seem like they're thinking even though they won't come out & directly say it

Right, so you are ranting on endlessly across many threads about how bad our fans on based on your presumption of what a couple seemed to be implying to you? And you wonder why we call you out on your stupid shit? :L

No one is saying what you are implying. NO ONE. Stop acting like a wounded animal when you are just making shit up.

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We are only invincible against the Saints. But if a good team comes to the Clink and plays a really good game, they can and have beat Seattle. And except for the complete homer's, most of us realize the odds are on our side, but they still gotta play lights out and hopefully the football gods don't hurt them with injuries. Nothing is guaranteed for any team in this league.

Would you like a hug?