• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Watch out for the Carolina Panthers

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
Assuming we get by Arizona - and that is no sure bet as we have show the ability to lay an egg in big national games:
I think Dallas would be the most difficult team for us. They are so balanced on Offense and will put up points in bunches. The Panthers are not built to score lots of points against a decent or better defense. We have a better shot against a low scoring team like Seattle.
The Packer's D is suspect and sounds like the QB might be a bit hobbled.

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lies? Answer 2 questions for me.

Did Seattle have the lead going to the 4th in any of those games?

Did they have more than 6 points going to the 4th of either game?

Move them thar goal posts!

You quoted the scoring, I pointed out that both games ended with the Hawks choosing to leave points on the board. You say they struggled to move the ball, I pointed out that they were on the road with an early start (historically a tough row to hoe for west coast teams).

But if you want to talk about the fourth quarter, we can talk about the fourth quarter.

You haven't watched much Seahawks football, have you? Seattle game plans to wear you out and finish you late:

20 passing TDs. 7 in the first half, 12 in the second. 8 in the fourth quarter.
20 rushing TDs. 9 in the first half, 11 in the second/OT. 8 in the fourth quarter/OT.
3 defensive TDs, one of which was in the fourth quarter.

So the fact that they hadn't put up points until late was hardly surprising nor indicative of anything being wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assuming we get by Arizona - and that is no sure bet as we have show the ability to lay an egg in big national games:
I think Dallas would be the most difficult team for us. They are so balanced on Offense and will put up points in bunches. The Panthers are not built to score lots of points against a decent or better defense. We have a better shot against a low scoring team like Seattle.

Interesting that Seattle is perceived as being a low scoring team. Top 10 in points scored, and last I checked they were among the best in drive effiecency.

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
Interesting that Seattle is perceived as being a low scoring team. Top 10 in points scored, and last I checked they were among the best in drive effiecency.
I said relatively low scoring BHF. 5 points per game less that GB or Dallas.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bksballer, Show us where Seattle touched you

size_waldorf.jpg

Agree, this post needs to be preserved for future generations. I am still laughing.

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
Agree, this post needs to be preserved for future generations. I am still laughing.
Definitely a top 3 post of all time.
You can't eve go yeah but.............to that one.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,306.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not even one? This opinion that Seattle is invincible really confuses me.
No one thinks Seattle is invincible.
I expect the Seahawks to be favored in any home playoff games, so thinking they will win both home playoff games isn't goofy.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,306.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carolina has a defense that can give Seattle trouble as we have seen the last 2 yrs. In the last 2 games against Carolina, Seattle is avg 12.5 ppg, lynch is avg 3.3 ypc, & Wilson struggled big time against them the last 2 yrs until the 4th quarter.

It is ok to think that offense wins championships. Too much data against that line of thinking but you were never known as a heady thinker.
Post Cams stats when playing a Russel Wilson led Seattle team while playing in Carolina.

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
Seattle is the superior team - no doubt, but Carolina is playing well due mostly to their defense. Defense travels and defense is not bothered by loud stadiums.
No anointed champs in the NFL. Got to play the games

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,306.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle is the superior team - no doubt, but Carolina is playing well due mostly to their defense. Defense travels and defense is not bothered by loud stadiums.
That would be because loud stadiums get loud when the opposing offense is on the field.:L

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,305.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And yet you are talking about playing Seattle when Arizona is the game in front of you. :whistle:

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
And yet you are talking about playing Seattle when Arizona is the game in front of you. :whistle:
I covered that big if in an earlier post.
And you call yourself a Wizzard...............

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is ok to think that offense wins championships. Too much data against that line of thinking but you were never known as a heady thinker.
Post Cams stats when playing a Russel Wilson led Seattle team while playing in Carolina.

Don't think I had a positive word to say about Carolina's offense yet so posting his stats would be irrelevant. The whole reason why I think they will give Seattle a game if they play is because their defense can shut down the hawks offense

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,305.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I covered that big if in an earlier post.
And you call yourself a Wizzard...............

Then you missed the subtlety of the point. Seahawks fans are saying they love their chances, but most have said the team is clearly not unbeatable and yet are chided for daring to talk about the SB, or even GB/Dallas because it's arrogant to dismiss their first game. And yet others are doing the same thing. Qualifiers appear to not count.

Seattle could end up playing Detroit, Carolina, or Arizona. Any of them would have a win and some level of momentum coming into the Clink. I will love their chances against any of those 3. Talks of games after that will have plenty of time to be beaten to death long before game day.

I'd probably most want to face Detroit. Having them beat Dallas would be funny and having the chance to face Tate again would make for a unique game angle. Panthers? Already beat them a couple of years in a row on the road. Nothing to grab you as a story here.

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
Here you go Wizzardhawk

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,306.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't think I had a positive word to say about Carolina's offense yet so posting his stats would be irrelevant. The whole reason why I think they will give Seattle a game if they play is because their defense can shut down the hawks offense
You state that Carolina's D can shut Seattle down and give a few stats on how the Seahawk offense has done against the Carolina D.
It is totally relevant to show how Carolina does offensively against the Seattle D, but that would make your opinion of the outcome look rather uninformed.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,305.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone here is completely dismissing the Cardinals. I am sure they like it that way. Maybe they feed off disrespect just like the Hawks do. I will make a bold prediction and say the Cardinals leave Carolina with a win. But I could be wrong.