• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Washington's new team name: Washington Commanders!

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
actually everything I have said is true.
Native Americans have gone to sports teams asking/demanding they change some things due to their customs. & that has usually been amended by sports teams. I give no fucks about a American Indian Bible college. All races has their woke I need to be upset about something BS.
Bottom line is Redskin isnt a racial Slur. It was used by themselves. It is used in their High Schools. Which would not be happening if it was considered a racial slur.

Bottom line. It wasnt a racial slur. The Redskins had to change their name because it is being told it was a racial slur.
They shouldnt have had to change their name. hell Snyder had some actual Chief in his box with him showing support.
While I agree mostly on the whole political agenda thing you say, you are wrong about it not being a racial slur. Of course it is and citing that many native americans do or have used the name for their local high schools or whatever points more to the lack of proper education in the NA communities and especially on the reservations. Of course, a lack of education and knowledge is the real pandemic in our world and it has been going on for a very long time.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I agree mostly on the whole political agenda thing you say, you are wrong about it not being a racial slur. Of course it is and citing that many native americans do or have used the name for their local high schools or whatever points more to the lack of proper education in the NA communities and especially on the reservations. Of course, a lack of education and knowledge is the real pandemic in our world and it has been going on for a very long time.
Spoken like a typical whiteskin!

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL in a letter to the House Oversight Committee on Wednesday blamed the Washington Commanders for blocking access to more than 100,000 documents related to the investigation into their workplace culture, a charge the team denied but one that highlighted a growing fissure between the two parties.

WAIT? WHAT?

When the media hounded the NFL with questions about this investigation...Why the hell was this not told then?

The Redskin faithful want Little Danny out and I want Rodger out. This makes strange bed fellows for sure.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"While the NFL and the Commanders continue to point fingers at each other, the fact remains that the NFL still has not turned over the findings of the Wilkinson investigation or the underlying documents to the Committee," the statement read. "Until the NFL holds Mr. Snyder accountable and stops hiding the truth about the outrageous workplace conduct under his watch, the League's claims about transparency and accountability will continue to ring hollow."

Let um have their Super Bowl cash bonanza. THIS isn't going away.
I know I'm excited.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL commissioner Roger Goodell has previously contended that the league cannot release the internal investigation because Wilkinson presented her findings orally.

Are we expected to believe this?
Orally? No documentation?

The "Brand" might need to gather in the back room this weekend for a better strategy going forward.
:pop2:

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL commissioner Roger Goodell has previously contended that the league cannot release the internal investigation because Wilkinson presented her findings orally.

Are we expected to believe this?
Orally? No documentation?

The "Brand" might need to gather in the back room this weekend for a better strategy going forward.
:pop2:
I honestly don’t care, but other teams probably shouldn’t want things released. Do you think Snyder is the only owner with skeletons in his closet? You know if he goes down he’ll take others with him

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly don’t care, but other teams probably shouldn’t want things released. Do you think Snyder is the only owner with skeletons in his closet? You know if he goes down he’ll take others with him
Take um all down.
Blow the mother fucker up

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is great news for their new ownership. They can finally come up with a name that's a little less... shitty.
One can only hope for their fans at least but all the "good" names are likely unavailable anyway. So it will probably be another lame, stupid name to laugh at.
They need to hire roto-rooter to snake this franchise out of the shit hole Snyder put them in. It's a shame that a once proud, championship caliber franchise has turned into a laughing stock. New owners have a tough road ahead.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep...Warriors with the old spear helmet, colors, and team song was just to logical.

Our nations capitol still can't get out of their own way.
Warriors would be a great choice, agreed

Hopefully they use this 'snag;' as an excuse to get a do over. Redskins had to go but Commanders is so....In The Navy if ya know what I mean

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm betting the trademark owner's name is Donny Snyder.

No idea why the new owners would want that dog shit name that Snyder changed it to. They need to be rebranded to to the Redskins but go with the potatoe angle instead of the Native American one.

wasres.jpg