• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Washington Football Team News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Truth. This QB switch has fans in a frenzy to be sure. :pound:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drama, drama, drama ... it is what most fans feed off of. It is like watching a soap opera. BORING!!!

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JP Finley...

CBS Sports reported that trading Haskins would be the "best outcome possible" at this point and that some football executives around the NFL have begun to watch tape on the second-year passer.

For Rivera, making trades is all about the fit and value for the organization.

"And you never know - somebody may call you about a guy and say, ‘hey, what do you think?’ If it's somebody you like, somebody that fits what you’re trying to do in terms of a rebuild, which is where we're at, then you most certainly have to look at that possibility."

When it comes to Haskins, Washington might have to look at the possibility.

Asked by reporters on Monday about Haskins' future with the team, Rivera said he wants the young passer to keep working and growing even in a reduced role.

"As we continue to get into this and we get further down the road, who knows what’s going to happen? But, that’s what the expectation is. It’s no different from the expectation of any other player, and that’s to be in the meetings, learning, studying, being at practice, learning and studying, participating."

The trade deadline is in 16 days.

Rivera might not know what's going to happen yet, but if something does happen with Haskins, it would hardly come as a shock.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We had 4 threads that were in the top 10 for all of SportsHoopla . Not bad for a crappy 1-4 team . That supposedly loses people because of drama. Hell we have multi time banned guys changing their handle to post here ! This is the most active team board on this forum and had been for over a decade , those are facts not emotions and it’s all because of the posters . Every bit of it so congratulate yourselves

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We had 4 threads that were in the top 10 for all of SportsHoopla . Not bad for a crappy 1-4 team . That supposedly loses people because of drama. Hell we have multi time banned guys changing their handle to post here ! This is the most active team board on this forum and had been for over a decade , those are facts not emotions and it’s all because of the posters . Every bit of it so congratulate yourselves
Nice! Cuz everyone loves drama and who can avoid a potential train wreck...lol ;)

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Presidents Weekly Brief: Leadership Requires Decisiveness

Hi Washington Football Family,

Tuesday is the classic "Day Off" for the guys on the squad, where they are focused on recovery, spending a little time with family, and pivoting their attention to the next game. A deep breath if you will. I thought that I would take advantage of that natural break in the week to give you a weekly update on the business side of the Washington Football House. I use a slightly longer format to answer some of the things I expect are on your minds, since 280 characters don't allow you to get details and often bring out the shittiest aspects in all of us . So here we go…

Reflections From Giants Week​

When I first accepted this job, I tried to make it clear that I was being hired to run the business operations of the club. I think the division of responsibilities between me and Coach Rivera helps us operate smoothly and…the spotlight on coaching and personnel decisions is intense! Coach is well equipped for it, but I would not be as adept at answering all your questions about whether to go for two or kick an extra point.
Whether you agree or disagree with Sunday's decision (and I'm confident you all will let us know exactly how you feel about the call), he modeled a method of leadership that I also ascribe to.

1. Before the critical decision making moment, he had a strategy for the game and a clear approach to that specific situation. He wasn't making it up in the moment, and his preparation was able to inform his decision.
  2. In the moment, he was decisive and stuck to the strategy he prepared. Every organization needs decisive leaders, at all levels, willing to make a call boldly when the moment calls for it. Decisiveness allows your peers and colleagues to work quickly and with rigor because they know the goal, buoyed by confidence in your judgement.
  3. Afterward, he owned the outcome. Not every decision will pan out as hoped. There are too many factors to count that impact a single football play or a big business decision. But no matter what occurs, great leaders are mentally and emotionally strong enough to own the result and not put it off on others. Coach embodies this strength.
  4. Over time, Coach learns and refines his strategy based on the results. I don't have much insight into football decisions, but I can tell you that Coach is an active learner. As results materialize or Coach receives new information, he is an agile thinker and not afraid to evolve his strategy.
business_cycle(1)

This style of leadership is something I need to provide and cultivate on the business side of our organization. A key component of this leadership approach is iteration and continuous improvement; evolution if you will. And while it sounds good, the hard part is that evolution requires patience. Patience isn't my natural predilection. I'm not quite two months on the job and I have to remind myself that culture change does not happen overnight, great talent doesn't get cultivated or hired in a week, new fan experiences aren't created in a month, and a stadium isn't built in a year. I need to settle in for the journey.
And while Coach and I may be new to the Washington Football Family, our fans and our workforce are not. They, you, have been through it and patience understandably runs thin. I know that the folks on my side of the organization are fatigued from working their tails off under difficult circumstances; they're tired. It is hard for them to hear that things are going to evolve over time, and that is right and fair. It puts the onus on me to move as fast as we can without sacrificing the deep thinking that needs to go into building a new culture and jumpstarting new business initiatives. It means that our leadership team can continue to show more "quick wins" to the workforce, like the changes we made to HR policies and procedures including a jump to League-leading parental leave for our workforce.
This will be a journey that transpires over time, but I'm confident that if all our leaders follow the example of Coach and other great leaders, a cycle of a strategy, decisiveness, ownership, and learning from our experiences, we will create the culture we can proudly say is ours.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RRs pressers are hilarious to me. I’ve learned to tune them out and just judge based on what I see from him and the team on the football field. In the end, that’s what matters to me.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, pat yourself on the back for supporting a bad team.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RRs pressers are hilarious to me. I’ve learned to tune them out and just judge based on what I see from him and the team on the football field. In the end, that’s what matters to me.

I rarely listen to the coaches pressers. I don't think honesty is why they are out there.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. Truth!

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, pat yourself on the back for supporting a bad team.

Says the guy who predicted the Dallas Cowboys would win the Super Bowl before the season started!

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Says the guy who predicted the Dallas Cowboys would win the Super Bowl before the season started!
Yes, I did and I guess I was wrong. Now, what's your point?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I did and I guess I was wrong. Now, what's your point?
How did this turn into this .? I wrote a post saying our board was doing good and is active and it turns into patting myself on the back . For the record the posters make it happen

Now where I come from praising the posters isnt patting myself on the back

And for the record Dallas is the better team and have proven it over the last 3 yrs and until otherwise proven on the field it’s the way that it is

Reactions: GNG
Status
Not open for further replies.