• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Was there ever any doubt?

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i noticed a reference to robert by a fan is "loubob". i LOVE this name!
and reminds me of an old little richard song

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As anyone who followed this same drama in regards to Jimenez last year knows, service time is a thing. For the uninitiated, if the White Sox would have promoted Robert at the end of this season, he would have accrued a full year of big league service time by the end of next season. By delaying his promotion a few weeks into next season, he will not be able to accrue a full year of major league service time in 2020. That means his arbitration years start later, and the White Sox would have an additional year of team control on a guy who’s expected to be a phenomenal baseball player and a very important member of contending rosters.

Yep...It was never in doubt.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As anyone who followed this same drama in regards to Jimenez last year knows, service time is a thing. For the uninitiated, if the White Sox would have promoted Robert at the end of this season, he would have accrued a full year of big league service time by the end of next season. By delaying his promotion a few weeks into next season, he will not be able to accrue a full year of major league service time in 2020. That means his arbitration years start later, and the White Sox would have an additional year of team control on a guy who’s expected to be a phenomenal baseball player and a very important member of contending rosters.

Yep...It was never in doubt.
I really, really, REALLY detest that part of the bargaining agreement. I hope this is addressed in the next contract. Some kind of compromise so that teams can bring up their top prospects in September without having to surrender one of the accruement years.