• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Was Reggie Bush worth it?

Was Bush worth it?

• Yes.

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • No.

Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Potato salad would been a better pick at 2nd overall.

Votes: 6 31.6%

• Total voters

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pats got Gostkowski it was a good draft year:suds:

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that's how you have to look at it.

Mario Williams went #1 and a very nice career. 5 double digit sack seasons but after that...it basically sucked.

Vince Young
D-Brickashaw Ferguson
A.J. Hawk (pretty solid starter but not special)
Vernon Davis (2x PB and very solid athletic freak but a TE at 2?)
Michael Huff
Donte Whitner
Ernie Sims
Matt Leinart
Jay Cutler
Haloti Hgata --- easily the BEST in this class at #12
Kamerion Wimbley
Brodrick Bunkley
Tye Hill
Jason Hall
Chad Greenway
Bobby Carpenter

This draft class sucked.
I'd say looking back at the draft class you have Ngata and 3 OTs that should've gone top 5 overall with Mario Williams mabye being the 5th. From there, maybe you could make the argument for Reggie Bush starting around pick 6 or so.

So I'd give the pick a C-. Knowing what I know now, I'd probably take Andrew Whitworth #1 but Ngata certainly wouldn't be a bad pick.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the answer is no.
He isnt worth a #2 pick.
Weak draft class doesnt change the question.
Just mean most of the picks would have been a no.

Would the Saints win a superbowl without Bush. Answer is yes.
Bush was basically a part time player realistically.

"So what say you? Were the Texans wrong for having passed on Bush? Did the Saints make the right decision?"

That was the question so it does have everything to do with this draft class. There were no other options at the top of that draft class that would have been better than Bush, surprisingly. So for as much as he didn't live up to the hype he was better than most of those top picks.

Now, it is a different question if you say did he live up to the hype of a #2 pick. No, he didn't. I think most would agree with that.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"So what say you? Were the Texans wrong for having passed on Bush? Did the Saints make the right decision?"

That was the question so it does have everything to do with this draft class. There were no other options at the top of that draft class that would have been better than Bush, surprisingly. So for as much as he didn't live up to the hype he was better than most of those top picks.

Now, it is a different question if you say did he live up to the hype of a #2 pick. No, he didn't. I think most would agree with that.
the question I read on the poll "is Bush worth it."
I voted No.
He wasnt worth drafting #2.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say looking back at the draft class you have Ngata and 3 OTs that should've gone top 5 overall with Mario Williams mabye being the 5th. From there, maybe you could make the argument for Reggie Bush starting around pick 6 or so.

So I'd give the pick a C-. Knowing what I know now, I'd probably take Andrew Whitworth #1 but Ngata certainly wouldn't be a bad pick.

That's how those players turned out though, were they even projected high. Kinda hard to risk a #2 pick with a guy at #55-Whitworth but I agree with your re-grading Bush would still be around the top 10 but definitely further back.

Some other good late round picks:

Brandon Marshall - 119
Kyle Williams - 135
Antoine Bethea - 207

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's how those players turned out though, were they even projected high. Kinda hard to risk a #2 pick with a guy at #55-Whitworth but I agree with your re-grading Bush would still be around the top 10 but definitely further back.
People viewed the draft differently back then for the most part.

'You can't draft someone from NC St. They didn't win any football games in college so why are they going to win in the NFL' was the type of draft talk you'd hear back then.

Anyone other than Reggie Bush or Vince Young going at the top was considered ridiculous for awhile, IIRC. Even D'brick probably would've been criticized back then and nowadays it'd also be seen as a given that he could go #1.