• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Warner Is Player Of The Week

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
https://ninerswire.usatoday.com/201...***********&utm_medium=dt&utm_campaign=affref

Wow, Armstead is NOT on the list?!

I think Buckner deserves consideration too, but Armstead's sack total will make it hard for him. Armstead is likley benefitting off Buckner to some extent, but thats life.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And now this...…...

Warner named NFC Defensive Player of Month in November

Wait until next year when Greenlaw has a year under his belt and Alexander comes back healthy. This linebacking corps will be one of the league's best. The entire front seven will be among the league's best. And with continued improvement from Witherspoon and Mosely and squeezing out another year from Richard Sherman; look out for this defense.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
And now this...…...

Warner named NFC Defensive Player of Month in November

Wait until next year when Greenlaw has a year under his belt and Alexander comes back healthy. This linebacking corps will be one of the league's best. The entire front seven will be among the league's best. And with continued improvement from Witherspoon and Mosely and squeezing out another year from Richard Sherman; look out for this defense.

This defense should be good again next year but Armstead and Ward are free agents. I want to keep Armstead but know he'll command too much in the open market. Armstead will likely be gone and Ward more than 50% chance gone IMO. While both have been mostly injured previously, they're now showing why they were 1st round picks. Both are now big keys in this defense, so there lost WILL be felt.

Sherman is still playing well but fact is he's old for an NFL cornerback. When players hit their 30's, one more year is a bigger difference physically, than when they're 26.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This defense should be good again next year but Armstead and Ward are free agents. I want to keep Armstead but know he'll command too much in the open market. Armstead will likely be gone and Ward more than 50% chance gone IMO. While both have been mostly injured previously, they're now showing why they were 1st round picks. Both are now big keys in this defense, so there lost WILL be felt.

Sherman is still playing well but fact is he's old for an NFL cornerback. When players hit their 30's, one more year is a bigger difference physically, than when they're 26.
I like Ward but they've got guys who can fill that role adequately given the strength of the pass rush. Additionally, you cannot count on Ward to be healthy enough to play. I believe he's already had two broken bones this year? I don't think, due to his injury history, he's going to get much of a look elsewhere.

As for Armistead; I don't know what to think. Where was all this good play when he wasn't in a contract year? And could his improvement be based on the fact that Bosa, Buckner and Ford require so much attention from the O Line? Perhaps he has turned a corner, his play certainly has been excellent this year. Maybe Thomas is ready to step up a little? I just don't think I'd break the bank to sign him. I'd rather get Kittle and Buckner signed.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I like Ward but they've got guys who can fill that role adequately given the strength of the pass rush. Additionally, you cannot count on Ward to be healthy enough to play. I believe he's already had two broken bones this year? I don't think, due to his injury history, he's going to get much of a look elsewhere.

As for Armistead; I don't know what to think. Where was all this good play when he wasn't in a contract year? And could his improvement be based on the fact that Bosa, Buckner and Ford require so much attention from the O Line? Perhaps he has turned a corner, his play certainly has been excellent this year. Maybe Thomas is ready to step up a little? I just don't think I'd break the bank to sign him. I'd rather get Kittle and Buckner signed.

Ward clearly has an injured history, so can't commit much to him. But if we had others to fill his role, Ward wouldn't be starting now. Physically, Tavaris Moore can fill his spot, but not intangibly (if thats a word?).

Arnstead was hurt too, but he's played last year and this year so now looks ok. But again, he'll command more than what we'll want to pay after Kittle and Buckner go first. It goes without saying we ALL want Kittle and Buckner first. Armstead IS helped by others on the D-line, but you can say the same thing with all of them, they help each other.