• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wanted - Timely Hitting

67RedSox

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time for the Rockies to turn some things around and the first, as 4thefences alluded to earlier, is to start hitting with men in scoring position. In the game of baseball you don't get all that many opportunities so when you do get them you have to take advantage...or at least...not go 0-9 with RISP as they did last time out.
Chris Nelson and the Yankees starting today and AL East teams don't like it when they have to change a couple of time zones so I hope the Rockies are ready to jump all over them. Chris Nelson is 0 for 7 with 3 K's so far in Yankee pinstripes and we wish him well but just not against the Rockies.
So far there has been two versions of the Rockies...one that started 13-4 and the current 5-9 version. Some timely hitting will go a long way to keep the Rockies relevant.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amen to the timely hitting factor in this game. If you want to see a team that doesn't hit with RISP go no further than So. California. It has been virtually nonexistent this year.

4thefences

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course we all know there will be games like the one mentioned, but I don't feel it will be as consistant as in past years. I think this lineup will be one of the more productive in Rockies history. Arenado brings the power that has been lacing at 3B, but more important he will hit for average. When is the last time the Rockies had a catcher hit for average and power with what they have in Rosario. Fowler has blossomed into a respectable hitter and we all know about the middle of the lineup. Rutledge has picked up his BA over the last 2 weeks. There will be more positive than negative with hthis lineup.

4thefences

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are right about that Silas. It's amazing how so much talent cannot find a way to gel.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing good I can think of about the Dodgers this season is that they play in a nice ballpark, have nice looking uniforms and have Dodger Dogs!!!