• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wanna talk pitching?

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants have given up the second least amount of runs in all of baseball with 70. The Mets have given up 67.

Here's the funny part, Giants have played 23 games. Mets just 17

Still a lot of season to go but remember when our defense was gonna be so shitty that we'd lose games that way? Yeah me neither LOL

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that dude they hired from the greater Northwest (Oregon or Washington) from Driveline (was it).....Is paying off in spades.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starters through 23 starts

137.2 IP - 6IP/start
32 ER
2.09 ERA
0.99 WHIP
9-2 record
131 K
36 BB -- 3.6 ratio
10 HR -- 0.65 HR per 9

This is the longest stretch of TZ approved baseball I remember.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All this with essentially a bunch of no-name pitchers.

Gausman is a guy whose stock has been rising, but no one had him pegged as a legit Ace. Wood is a good journeyman, but a journeyman nonetheless. Webb is a kid with promise, but he has had his struggles. Cueto is on the IL. McGee was a known good reliever, but was an untested closer.

I can’t really explain this pitching streak we are on, and thus, am waiting for it all to blow up. I hope I am wrong, though...

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starters through 23 starts

137.2 IP - 6IP/start
32 ER
2.09 ERA
0.99 WHIP
9-2 record
131 K
36 BB -- 3.6 ratio
10 HR -- 0.65 HR per 9

This is the longest stretch of TZ approved baseball I remember.
There had to be some runs like this in 2010 right?

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gausman is a guy whose stock has been rising, but no one had him pegged as a legit Ace. Wood is a good journeyman, but a journeyman nonetheless. Webb is a kid with promise, but he has had his struggles. Cueto is on the IL. McGee was a known good reliever, but was an untested closer.

I can’t really explain this pitching streak we are on, and thus, am waiting for it all to blow up. I hope I am wrong, though...
I doubt it's like this all year but I don't think it's out of line to expect that pitching will be a strength this year.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Disco had some pedigree, as did Wood and Sanchy.

JC started an ASG not too long ago, and Gaus as you've said, had a nice 2020.

Webb is the #weaklink of the six, but seems to possess upside.

If you remove Rook's numbers, the results are pure TZ ****.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I
what year did we shutout the dodgers for an entire series? And wasn’t that a 4-game set?
I was at all three of those games. June 2012. Even year horsecrap.

Mon 6.25 Zito goes seven scoreless. Panda 3-3 with two 2B and 3 RBI
Tue 6.26 Tron seven scoreless vs. Kershaw. Melkman with the solo shot.
Wed 6.27 Timmah seven scoreless. Oxy with the big 2 run single.

Ahhhh....memories.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a pitching question for you baseball nerds. We all know Bumgarner was not credited with a no hitter the other day because it was only 7 innings.

My question is, let's say there's game that is called after 7 innings because of rain and one team wins 4-0. The winning pitcher pitched all 7 innings and gave up no hits. Is that also not considered a "no hitter" in the books?

If so, then I have no problem with Bum not getting one. But if a rain shortened game still counts, then of course he should.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a pitching question for you baseball nerds. We all know Bumgarner was not credited with a no hitter the other day because it was only 7 innings.

My question is, let's say there's game that is called after 7 innings because of rain and one team wins 4-0. The winning pitcher pitched all 7 innings and gave up no hits. Is that also not considered a "no hitter" in the books?

If so, then I have no problem with Bum not getting one. But if a rain shortened game still counts, then of course he should.
I just going to guess here, but I'd bet the hypo is considered a "no hitter" and a "complete game." FWIW Bum was credited with a CG. My position is that he threw a no hitter. And that he should be inducted into the HOF on the first ballot.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just going to guess here, but I'd bet the hypo is considered a "no hitter" and a "complete game." FWIW Bum was credited with a CG. My position is that he threw a no hitter. And that he should be inducted into the HOF on the first ballot.
That's why I asked, if a rain shortened game "counts" as a no hitter than so should Bum's no no the other day

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet another reason that messing with the foundations of the game is a bad idea.

Base is a game of 9 players vs 9 players, playing 9 3-out innings. Basically anything outside of that can be tweaked, but that is the foundation.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yet another reason that messing with the foundations of the game is a bad idea.

Base is a game of 9 players vs 9 players, playing 9 3-out innings. Basically anything outside of that can be tweaked, but that is the foundation.
From my vague memories, MLB changed the rule (or maybe "clarified" it, I don't know) on what constitutes as a no-hitter back in the 90s. They decided that it had to be done in a full game (not a complete game for the pitcher) and so the rule was that it had to be 9 innings for it to count.
However, with MLB deciding that a full game, when played on the same day as another game, is only 7 innings, then they need to re-visit their rulebook. The only reason Madison Bumgarner didn't throw a no-hitter is because the commissioner's office made it impossible for him to throw one on a doubleheader day.
And that is why the 7 inning cap on doubleheader games is stupid. The end.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From my vague memories, MLB changed the rule (or maybe "clarified" it, I don't know) on what constitutes as a no-hitter back in the 90s. They decided that it had to be done in a full game (not a complete game for the pitcher) and so the rule was that it had to be 9 innings for it to count.
However, with MLB deciding that a full game, when played on the same day as another game, is only 7 innings, then they need to re-visit their rulebook. The only reason Madison Bumgarner didn't throw a no-hitter is because the commissioner's office made it impossible for him to throw one on a doubleheader day.
And that is why the 7 inning cap on doubleheader games is stupid. The end.

But in my scenario the Rain God makes it impossible to throw one. And that still counts?

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But in my scenario the Rain God makes it impossible to throw one. And that still counts?
That is different. Its not the commissioner. And no, I don't think it counts. Even then, I think a doubleheader game should count. The former is only stopped because of inclement weather, not by the whims of the commissioner's office. The latter is considered a full game by the commissioner's office and stopped for the same reason a full 9 inning game on non-DH days is stopped.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is different. Its not the commissioner. And no, I don't think it counts. Even then, I think a doubleheader game should count. The former is only stopped because of inclement weather, not by the whims of the commissioner's office. The latter is considered a full game by the commissioner's office and stopped for the same reason a full 9 inning game on non-DH days is stopped.
I just want it to be consistent and sounds like it is, 7 innings for any reason is not an official no-no. And I'm cool with that. A no-no is 27 outs without giving up a hit. Lotta guys give up nothing through 7 or even 8.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just want it to be consistent and sounds like it is, 7 innings for any reason is not an official no-no. And I'm cool with that. A no-no is 27 outs without giving up a hit. Lotta guys give up nothing through 7 or even 8.
Bum himself has taken one into the 9th on numerous occasions.