• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WandaVision

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a good show and a ton of the backlash about the finale is centered on people being pissed it didn't match up to their head canon. That's a problem on them, not the show.

If we're looking for real faults though, the finale was a little rushed. All the secondary characters basically got handwaved away with abrupt, simple conclusions so they could spend more time on the Agatha/Wanda fight. And even that time could have been better served going into some more detail and nuance about each character like

What Wanda did was really fucked up. She tortured an entire town. And while they touched on it some, they still basically treated her like she's the hero and she worked out her grief. It's more complicated than that. They should have dove into those layers more. We needed similar expansion of Agatha's motivations as well. Instead, they basically just made her a simple bad guy that wanted power despite in the previous episode hinting she had reasons to prevent the unleashing of the Scarlett Witch beyond just pure bad guy stuff
Guess you never read the actual comic for this. It's loosely the basis of this whole thing...

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess we are just supposed to assume some sort of multiverse type thing here? I mean, I guess that's fine. Dr. Strange certainly played into that. But with all the exposition in the last 2 episodes they didn't spend any time on that. How exactly did she have kids with Vision?

Like I said, I don't really follow the canon/mythology of the MCU in general. And I've watched probably about 70% of the MCU movies. So I really don't know anything about the back story of the Scarlet Witch. But I definitely thought the ending was pretty problematic.
It's a story from a comic book, man. Don't over think it.

I am sure this kind of thing will reverbiate with Wanda throughout the rest of her MCU story. She needs some kind of character flaw and hers is that she is emotional and it affects how she uses her powers sometimes

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a story from a comic book, man. Don't over think it.

I generally hate this sort of deflection. Whether it is a comic book or Shakespeare, we still should expect good story telling. I'm more than willing to give comic book shows/movies a wide latitude on plausibility but I do expect them to stay logically consistent in their worlds.

There was just a lot of dubious reasoning in the finale.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I generally hate this sort of deflection. Whether it is a comic book or Shakespeare, we still should expect good story telling. I'm more than willing to give comic book shows/movies a wide latitude on plausibility but I do expect them to stay logically consistent in their worlds.

There was just a lot of dubious reasoning in the finale.
I agree, it is a lame response. I'm sorry.

Here's a description on how the boys came to be from the comics. Basically she's a witch and she manifested it and it became reality. They actually simplified it because in the comics the boys have two different last names because they are reincarnations.

The Scarlet Witch and the Vision got married in 1975’s Avengers #4, and in 1986’s The Vision and the Scarlet Witch, the two had a pair of twin boys, Billy and Tommy. How does a robot father children? Well, you don’t have to worry about biological logistics when your wife is a witch who can use her powers to turn magical energy into real live babies.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, it is a lame response. I'm sorry.

Here's a description on how the boys came to be from the comics. Basically she's a witch and she manifested it and it became reality. They actually simplified it because in the comics the boys have two different last names because they are reincarnations.

The Scarlet Witch and the Vision got married in 1975’s Avengers #4, and in 1986’s The Vision and the Scarlet Witch, the two had a pair of twin boys, Billy and Tommy. How does a robot father children? Well, you don’t have to worry about biological logistics when your wife is a witch who can use her powers to turn magical energy into real live babies.

OK. I guess that's a lot of hand waving to get the conclusion but sure. That wasn't really my big gripe with the show.

It's more about giving forgiveness to Wanda for her big "sacrifice". Rambeau basically saying "Sure you tortured all these people for weeks or months. But if only they knew the sacrifice you made!" was just absurd.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK. I guess that's a lot of hand waving to get the conclusion but sure. That wasn't really my big gripe with the show.

It's more about giving forgiveness to Wanda for her big "sacrifice". Rambeau basically saying "Sure you tortured all these people for weeks or months. But if only they knew the sacrifice you made!" was just absurd.
I agree, there should be more there...but do you want them to arrest her and hold a trial?

selkies ftw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the finale along with the entire show was top notch MCU. I do have one question though:
What happened to the other Vision? The one she created is gone, where’d the original go?

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think trapped her in her own field but released the town...

Wonder if the town will know that there is a witch among them

Didn't think know at the end that Wanda was a witch? I mean they all were looking right at her and they had to have known she was the one who caused their "capture"

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the finale along with the entire show was top notch MCU. I do have one question though:
What happened to the other Vision? The one she created is gone, where’d the original go?
I think that is kinda a cliffhanger. His final line was “I am Vision”. We certainly have not seen the end of him.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't think know at the end that Wanda was a witch? I mean they all were looking right at her and they had to have known she was the one who caused their "capture"
They knew. She's also famous superhero who is married to a robot

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They knew. She's also famous superhero who is married to a robot

Exactly so they knew Wanda was a witch obviously.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly so they knew Wanda was a witch obviously.
but do they know that Agatha/Agnes is a witch?

I thought that is what you were asking.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but do they know that Agatha/Agnes is a witch?

I thought that is what you were asking.

Sorry, yea that is what I was asking.. Do they know that Agatha/Agnes is a witch and where is Agatha? Is she locked away in the town (that wasn't removed form forcefield or something?

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, yea that is what I was asking.. Do they know that Agatha/Agnes is a witch and where is Agatha? Is she locked away in the town (that wasn't removed form forcefield or something?
that's what I got. Wanda locked Agatha in the character she was pretending to be and the town is being left to go back to normal...whether they know who Agnes is is another question...I feel like they were all in the square and saw all that go down

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, there should be more there...but do you want them to arrest her and hold a trial?

No because that wouldn't make sense either. You hope the story telling has a better ending, that's all.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's what I got. Wanda locked Agatha in the character she was pretending to be and the town is being left to go back to normal...whether they know who Agnes is is another question...I feel like they were all in the square and saw all that go down

Yeah I got that she was locked into the character she was playing but I was certain it would have gotten lifted with the others since the field went down but we never saw Agatha's house having the field removed but I assumed that it was down everywhere but I am sure I am wrong

I don't think they knew who Agatha was as they were so focused on trying to blame Wanda that they didn't even look at Agatha

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No because that wouldn't make sense either. You hope the story telling has a better ending, that's all.
but what?

I actually had a discussion with an ex coworker about it...what can Wanda do to make it up to them? make them a new Rec Center? Bags of money?

I mean, did the Avengers have to pay for the repairs to the cities they destroyed?

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but what?

I actually had a discussion with an ex coworker about it...what can Wanda do to make it up to them? make them a new Rec Center? Bags of money?

I mean, did the Avengers have to pay for the repairs to the cities they destroyed?

I am a little surprised she didn't wipe their memories but that's all I can think she would/could do

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this goes back to the whole issue of Civil War where they were fighting over the Superhero Registration Act and holding them accountable for their actions.