• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Walt Disney World courses

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I assume there are a few of you that have made the infamous family trek to WDW. Hopefully, you're able to get a day for yourself to play a local course when you visit. The last two times we've went, I've been able to play the Lake Buena Vista course in full and the Magnolia course through 8 holes before thunderstorms ended the round early. Planning to go for the first week of July and taking my brother in law to the Palms course.

I've mentioned in other threads that I'm typically in the 80s and I think he can break 100, but it's been a couple years since he's played regularly. Both of us plan to get some rounds in before the trip, so hopefully, we'll be in shape before playing.

I've already booked the tee-time to be at noon on July 1st, but can change courses and times up to 24 hours in advance in case of weather. Both of us will rent equipment ( Taylor Made M2 clubs, Adidas shoes, and two sleeves of Project A balls) for $40 since we'll be staying at a resort. I play TM Rocketbladez irons and SLDR woods, so it probably won't be that different for me, but we don't have the room to travel with two sets of clubs, so the rental option is best.

Anyone else played a Disney course or multiple courses? I chose the palm since I haven't played it yet, but can change it to another, most likely Magnolia since I never finished it.

If you've played there, did you rent equipment? If so, anything we should know? He's a little worried that two sleeves of balls might be enough, but we can bring some extras. I plan to call and ask if we forego the shoe rental, can we get an extra sleeve, but doubt it.

I know the Disney courses aren't the best in Orlando, but they're better than our locals and have excellent customer service, plus staying on property gives some discounts ($50 greens fee at noon, $40 equipment rental, bucket of range balls, and free taxi service to and from the course). While we won't have much leeway with scheduling due to the wive's plans, we could adjust times as needed. There's a reason why times after lunch are discounted (rain and heat).

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sorry. took the kids there when they were younger but didn't get any time in for golf. there are so many good courses down there, though, it's going to be hard to go wrong ...

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I assume there are a few of you that have made the infamous family trek to WDW. Hopefully, you're able to get a day for yourself to play a local course when you visit. The last two times we've went, I've been able to play the Lake Buena Vista course in full and the Magnolia course through 8 holes before thunderstorms ended the round early. Planning to go for the first week of July and taking my brother in law to the Palms course.

I've mentioned in other threads that I'm typically in the 80s and I think he can break 100, but it's been a couple years since he's played regularly. Both of us plan to get some rounds in before the trip, so hopefully, we'll be in shape before playing.

I've already booked the tee-time to be at noon on July 1st, but can change courses and times up to 24 hours in advance in case of weather. Both of us will rent equipment ( Taylor Made M2 clubs, Adidas shoes, and two sleeves of Project A balls) for $40 since we'll be staying at a resort. I play TM Rocketbladez irons and SLDR woods, so it probably won't be that different for me, but we don't have the room to travel with two sets of clubs, so the rental option is best.

Anyone else played a Disney course or multiple courses? I chose the palm since I haven't played it yet, but can change it to another, most likely Magnolia since I never finished it.

If you've played there, did you rent equipment? If so, anything we should know? He's a little worried that two sleeves of balls might be enough, but we can bring some extras. I plan to call and ask if we forego the shoe rental, can we get an extra sleeve, but doubt it.

I know the Disney courses aren't the best in Orlando, but they're better than our locals and have excellent customer service, plus staying on property gives some discounts ($50 greens fee at noon, $40 equipment rental, bucket of range balls, and free taxi service to and from the course). While we won't have much leeway with scheduling due to the wive's plans, we could adjust times as needed. There's a reason why times after lunch are discounted (rain and heat).

My days taking kids to WDW is long over, but I've played Palm & Magnolia. What I remember the most about the Palm and hated...those damn palmetto shrubs, bushes or whatever they are, they run parallel with many of the fairways and if you drift to far off course, you will tango with them and they will win most of those battles.

You are on some time restrictions with the wives schedules so you probably can't do this, but Southern Dunes (just a tad south of the Orlando) I think is a much better track.

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I've read that water is in play on most of the holes, but from looking at the overhead views, they don't appear to be too bad. However, it seems they have fairway bunkers on a lot of holes between 260-280 yards, so that will really cause me to be careful about my drives since that's my typical carry distance.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Enjoy...as you now, those Disney courses are normally in pretty good condition. IIRC, Magnolia was one of the tour tracks, but imo it was easier for mid/high handicaps than the Palm track.

I'm gearing up for a 3 day tourney in Myrtle Beach 1st week n June.

Myrtle Beach Golf Packages at Barefoot Resort

Rd 1 ...Love
Rd 2 ...Fazio
Rd 3...Norman

24 guys...1st round scores flight the final 2 rounds.

I'm hoping to get down to FL myself for some golf...maybe late summer early fall before the winter rates kick in. This place is getting rave reviews from players and pros.

Top Golf Courses In Florida, Best Florida Golf, Orlando Golf Deals