• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Walt Anderson is a senile old fuck

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, still baffled by this.

How much of a geriatric retard do you have to be call that an incomplete pass?

What other job could you possibly have where you can fuck up this bad and not get fired?

Really, imagine an equally bad mistake in any other profession.

Like if Walt Anderson was a school bus driver and he drove off the road into a ditch and killed three kids in the process. He'd definitely get fired.

If Walt Anderson were a prison guard and him forgetting to lock a cell resulted in a prisoner being raped, he would be fired.

I just don't get it. There needs to be justice.

Beaker

Dragon's Bane
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What other job could you possibly have where you can fuck up this bad and not get fired?

Like if Walt Anderson was a school bus driver and he drove off the road into a ditch and killed three kids in the process. He'd definitely get fired.

If Walt Anderson were a prison guard and him forgetting to lock a cell resulted in a prisoner being raped, he would be fired.

I'll tell ya what dude. I am a Packer fan who thinks Des caught that ball, so I clearly don't know what a catch is.

From the way I understand it, if you catch a ball while losing your balance, regardless of how many steps you take, or any "football moves" you put on, if you lose control of the ball at any point it is an incomplete pass.

This seems stupid to me, but there you go.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll tell ya what dude. I am a Packer fan who thinks Des caught that ball, so I clearly don't know what a catch is.

Dez catch really isn't even controversial if you just bother to learn the rules of an NFL catch. Sorry, just the truth. That was clearly not a catch, by rule.

This one is close, but the fact he lost it going to the ground. Yeah, same thing. He never started a second motion, and the ball came loose going to the ground.

Learn the rules people. Then you'll stop being so confused.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry but taking 3 steps should negate "going to the ground." You are no longer going down when you continue to gain ground with your feet. The fact that he is clearly in control of the ball is just icing on the shit cake.

When a QB runs and dives forward untouched, if the ball comes out it's a fumble and a live ball. Should that be overturned too? Both players are runners at that point.

Beaker

Dragon's Bane
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dez catch really isn't even controversial if you just bother to learn the rules of an NFL catch. Sorry, just the truth. That was clearly not a catch, by rule.

This one is close, but the fact he lost it going to the ground. Yeah, same thing. He never started a second motion, and the ball came loose going to the ground.

Wow, don't be such a soap-box standing dickhead. I made it pretty clear in my post that I understood the rule. I think we all do.

The problem comes from the fact that the rule is terrible. The video the op linked shows a catch. Dez caught that ball. Regardless of what the rule currently says.

The catch rule needs adjustment in order to include these kinds of plays. How? Fuck, maybe I could come up with something, but the NFL isn't paying my ass to fix their problems. That is for them to figure out.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, don't be such a soap-box standing dickhead. I made it pretty clear in my post that I understood the rule. I think we all do.

The problem comes from the fact that the rule is terrible. The video the op linked shows a catch. Dez caught that ball. Regardless of what the rule currently says.

The catch rule needs adjustment in order to include these kinds of plays. How? Fuck, maybe I could come up with something, but the NFL isn't paying my ass to fix their problems. That is for them to figure out.

It's Bears/Packers week, and I can't be a dick to you? Yeesh. This country HAS gone soft! :D

Anyway...

I really don't think it's a bad rule, to be quite honest. If you catch a ball, any part of your momentum still carrying you from that catch... if you then let that ball hit the ground until you have fully stopped. It is not a catch. If you hold it through your momentum to the ground, or regain balance to start a second motion running... etc... It is a catch.

People have short memories, because the old way was terrible as well. There's just no in between way to do it.

And people get certain things confused, which makes it frustrating to explain. Like Russell Wilson catching that flea flicker a couple of years back, and then diving across the pylon. When he began diving across the pylon, that was a second move. So the catch had already been completed, ball crosses the plane... there you go. Dez was different, because he was still all within that one big motion and he didn't have it under control. Yes, he reached... but it was all apart of his one big falling motion.

I actually stand by this rule. As controversial as it is. If we go back to the way it was. You have guys catching a ball in the end-zone, getting their two feet down. Then even if a DB immediately knocks that ball out, or he drops it going to the ground... it's a touchdown. To me, you can't have it that way either. Because you have stupid catches ruled TD's like this...

This was actually one of the two catches cited from 2009, when the NFL explained why they changed the rule.

Click to 9:10 (only clip I could find this catch on)

And as much as everyone gets up in arms over these rulings today, I think that's just as bad.

There's just no in-between way to rule it. You either have to say receivers need to complete it all, or you need to say it's just two-feet down with the ball. I like this way better, because at least there's an aspect of it that is completely factual. Not up to a refs own discretion.

Back with the old way, it was just a matter of seeing how long that receiver held the ball... then being like "eh... he had it long enough... I think". Now, at least you can watch that complete process, with detailed rules on it. Which most football fans just choose to not understand, then get their minds blown by the SAME play happening. Without fail... EVERY time. Like, how much we gotta go over this? lol

I understand that I would be in the minority. I just don't think that people think these things through... what's this magically better alternative? Please, I implore you all to stop and think about that for a moment. Think about the other side of this. Without just blindly bitching. What would be better? Because the old way pissed people off too. Like that Johnny Knox catch I linked you too. That was talked about for days.

I TOTALLY remember it being just as confusing back in the day, just the other way around. With guys barely possessing the ball, and having it called a TD. Now, it just gets so hyped up with social media and what not. Every time one of these happens, it's non-stop talk about it for a few days or even the week.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's Bears/Packers week, and I can't be a dick to you? Yeesh. This country HAS gone soft! :D

Anyway...

I really don't think it's a bad rule, to be quite honest. If you catch a ball, any part of your momentum still carrying you from that catch... if you then let that ball hit the ground until you have fully stopped. It is not a catch. If you hold it through your momentum to the ground, or regain balance to start a second motion running... etc... It is a catch.

People have short memories, because the old way was terrible as well. There's just no in between way to do it.

And people get certain things confused, which makes it frustrating to explain. Like Russell Wilson catching that flea flicker a couple of years back, and then diving across the pylon. When he began diving across the pylon, that was a second move. So the catch had already been completed, ball crosses the plane... there you go. Dez was different, because he was still all within that one big motion and he didn't have it under control. Yes, he reached... but it was all apart of his one big falling motion.

I actually stand by this rule. As controversial as it is. If we go back to the way it was. You have guys catching a ball in the end-zone, getting their two feet down. Then even if a DB immediately knocks that ball out, or he drops it going to the ground... it's a touchdown. To me, you can't have it that way either. Because you have stupid catches ruled TD's like this...

This was actually one of the two catches cited from 2009, when the NFL explained why they changed the rule.

Click to 9:10 (only clip I could find this catch on)

And as much as everyone gets up in arms over these rulings today, I think that's just as bad.

There's just no in-between way to rule it. You either have to say receivers need to complete it all, or you need to say it's just two-feet down with the ball. I like this way better, because at least there's an aspect of it that is completely factual. Not up to a refs own discretion.

Back with the old way, it was just a matter of seeing how long that receiver held the ball... then being like "eh... he had it long enough... I think". Now, at least you can watch that complete process, with detailed rules on it. Which most football fans just choose to not understand, then get their minds blown by the SAME play happening. Without fail... EVERY time. Like, how much we gotta go over this? lol

I understand that I would be in the minority. I just don't think that people think these things through... what's this magically better alternative? Please, I implore you all to stop and think about that for a moment. Think about the other side of this. Without just blindly bitching. What would be better? Because the old way pissed people off too. Like that Johnny Knox catch I linked you too. That was talked about for days.

I TOTALLY remember it being just as confusing back in the day, just the other way around. With guys barely possessing the ball, and having it called a TD. Now, it just gets so hyped up with social media and what not. Every time one of these happens, it's non-stop talk about it for a few days or even the week.

Rich, don't be a Fucking moron. It was a catch. Yet another problem for this dumbass league

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rich, don't be a Fucking moron. It was a catch. Yet another problem for this dumbass league

By rule, it was not a catch.

I truly think the only problem with the catch rules, is fans being too lazy to bother and learn the exact definition.

"What's a catch in the NFL!?"

I don't know... why don't you bother looking it up? It's really not hard to understand. There's a reason why I am NEVER baffled by a catch ruling in the NFL.

Notice how yourself, or anyone else who complains has ZERO alternative to the current rule? They just want to bitch?

That's because there is no perfect rule for a catch.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I truly think the only problem with the catch rules, is fans being too lazy to bother and learn the exact definition.

I don't know... why don't you bother looking it up? It's really not hard to understand. There's a reason why I am NEVER baffled by a catch ruling in the NFL.

Notice how yourself, or anyone else who complains has ZERO alternative to the current rule? They just want to bitch?

Agree on the first point, we dont know what a catch is as stated by the rules, and apparently they got this call correct by the rule last night, which makes calling Walt Anderson senile a little wrong, cause technically he was 100% right

As far as a Perfect Rule, they need to get rid of the "complete the process" part........Guy jumps up for a ball, comes down and the ball comes out, no catch.........Guy catches a ball takes, runs 4 yards and loses on the ground (Ellington last night) or if a guy catches a ball and reaches out to extend over the goal line (Dez), those are catches

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

he made a football move, dumbass. you know damn well it was a catch, no one's impressed by your "well guys if ya just looked at the rule book ahyuck ahyuck" schtick.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,551.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Optimisitc about the Idaho Vandals men's basketball season or not so much?

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

While you are obviously correct anyone seeing that play and instantly concluding that was incomplete tells me the rules are confusing and totally fucked up.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree on the first point, we dont know what a catch is as stated by the rules, and apparently they got this call correct by the rule last night, which makes calling Walt Anderson senile a little wrong, cause technically he was 100% right

As far as a Perfect Rule, they need to get rid of the "complete the process" part........Guy jumps up for a ball, comes down and the ball comes out, no catch.........Guy catches a ball takes, runs 4 yards and loses on the ground (Ellington last night) or if a guy catches a ball and reaches out to extend over the goal line (Dez), those are catches

Okay... where do you draw the line? What's the new catch rule? I'm not trying to be an ass, I am genuinely curious to see a good alternative that won't just have fans pissed off in a different fashion.

Because there are pre-2010 catches which were complained about at the time. Because a WR would barely have the ball with two feet in the end zone before going to the ground and losing it, or having it swatted away immediately. Then it would be ruled a TD, and people would get upset.

Much like the Johnny Knox 2009 TD ruling which I pointed to in that clip I posted. That was controversial at the time, and when the NFL came up with the new catch rules. It pointed to that as an example of why they're changing it.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While you are obviously correct anyone seeing that play and instantly concluding that was incomplete tells me the rules are confusing and totally fucked up.

I instantly knew it was incomplete upon the first replay I saw. Not saying it's right, but I knew... Because, as a Bears fan, I learned the rule from being on the fortunate side of the Calvin Johnson catch.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he made a football move, dumbass. you know damn well it was a catch, no one's impressed by your "well guys if ya just looked at the rule book ahyuck ahyuck" schtick.

No, he did not. You do not know the definition of "football move". It was all apart of one big uncontrolled motion, as he went to the ground. Just like the Dez incompletion. It was eerily similar to the Dez non-catch.

Football move = Gathering your momentum and turning up field... etc...

Ellington was never in control of himself. He was falling to the ground the entire time. It was all one uncontrolled motion.

This is straight from the NFL rulebook.

A player has the ball long enough to become a runner when, after his second foot is on the ground, he is capable of avoiding or warding off impending contact of an opponent, tucking the ball away and turning up field

If the player loses the ball while simultaneously touching both feet or any part of his body to the ground, it is not a catch.

Item 1. Player Going to the Ground. A player is considered to be going to the ground if he does not remain upright long enough to demonstrate that he is clearly a runner. If a player goes to the ground in the act of catching a pass (with or without contact by an opponent), he must maintain control of the ball until after his initial contact with the ground, whether in the field of play or the end zone. If he loses control of the ball, and the ball touches the ground before he regains control, the pass is incomplete. If he regains control prior to the ball touching the ground, the pass is complete.

Last edited:

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aside from the fact he took it in stride instead of high up in the air, it was Ed Zachary like Dez.

Both are catches. 2 steps, possession, third step a football move.

Fucked up rule.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He never fully secured the ball and didn't maintain possession all the way to the ground, therefore Walt was right so stop complaining.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Optimisitc about the Idaho Vandals men's basketball season or not so much?

I suppose as optimistic as I can be. Returning the top 7 guys from last year and getting another one back from a season long injury in a traditionally dog shit league is generally a pretty good spot to be in. There is absolutely no reason they shouldn't win the league and make the tourney.

Problem is Don Verlin's teams tend to under perform when they're supposed to be be good and over perform when they're supposed to suck. Case and point, in 2013 Kyle Barone was the WAC player of the year and they won 12 games. Two years ago they were picked to finish 6th or something in the Big Sky and they won 21 games.

They play at Nevada today which will be a great test. They won't win, but if they get blown out of the building it probably means this is going to be a disappointing season.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,551.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suppose as optimistic as I can be. Returning the top 7 guys from last year and getting another one back from a season long injury in a traditionally dog shit league is generally a pretty good spot to be in. There is absolutely no reason they shouldn't win the league and make the tourney.

Problem is Don Verlin's teams tend to under perform when they're supposed to be be good and over perform when they're supposed to suck. Case and point, in 2013 Kyle Barone was the WAC player of the year and they won 12 games. Two years ago they were picked to finish 6th or something in the Big Sky and they won 21 games.

They play at Nevada today which will be a great test. They won't win, but if they get blown out of the building it probably means this is going to be a disappointing season.

Googled them right after I asked.....they made the CIT last season and look like a team that could get the automatic berth to the NCAA Tourney.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He never fully secured the ball and didn't maintain possession all the way to the ground, therefore Walt was right so stop complaining.
He had full possession, took three steps, and then lunged forward. That's only an incomplete pass if you eat paint chips for a living (which very well could be what Walt does, I don't know).

Not that it mattered, Seattle actually got the ball in better field position after the Cards turned it over on fourth down. But that old senile fuck and his crew were awful all game.