• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wait for AJ Green?

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at my WR4 spot in a 10tm ppr (super flex + regular flex)

I dropped John brown during bye wk and stashed Green - should I stick with brown?

He made it thru waivers and is still available, with a decent schedule over the next month

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My team
Mahomes, Darnold, Minshew
Zeke, Jacobs, Gore, Singletary
KeenanA, RobWoods, Terry McL, Godwin, Crowder, Green
Waller
SF D
NFL kicker guy that kicks footballs

Definitely in position to wait on green, but also utilize WR for my flex spot every week, so like to have a good stable of options

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess it all depends on opinion on the guy. Mine is not high simply because it seems every time I need him he's hurt. So, personally I'd rather have Smoke - but Green can be a difference-maker and you have a solid stable in case his injury lingers so there that. ..... Smoke is certainly in the DeSean Jackson class of big one week, disappear the next so I give Green a nod for better consistency - but that only matters IF he actually plays.
As I said, I'm just not high on the guy so bias is there. ....

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess it all depends on opinion on the guy. Mine is not high simply because it seems every time I need him he's hurt. So, personally I'd rather have Smoke - but Green can be a difference-maker and you have a solid stable in case his injury lingers so there that. ..... Smoke is certainly in the DeSean Jackson class of big one week, disappear the next so I give Green a nod for better consistency - but that only matters IF he actually plays.
As I said, I'm just not high on the guy so bias is there. ....

This league allows you to put players that are out in your IR slot, so hopefully they just declare him out and I can pick up brown without having to cut anyone

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont think john brown is like desean jackson anymore. Buffalo is treating him as a true #1, hes getting 7+ targets a week, and a variety of them, not just go routes.

his targets waffled a bit but hes been dinged, and the titans game was an awful matchup. His games going forward and the next three are so juicy

Hes had 10,8,5,11,5 targets

His PPR production has been
26, 14, 9, 11, 12

@TKOSpikes can speak to how many just missed long bombs, and long TD's that hes almost had. I know that doesnt count, but when the competition dies down.....Hes played titans, pats, even jets. Yet also cincy and giants.

But going forward he has
Miami, philly, washington, cleveland, miami-thats an awesome 5 game stretch coming up.

Then gets denver.

But rebounds with
baltimore(may be better with peters now)
pittsburgh
dallas

tough last two games with jets and pats

Now you may think im pumping john brown, and I am a bit.

But I steered clear of AJ in all leagues. Because i knew he wasnt coming back anywhere near when they stated.
He hasnt even run routes in practice yet. so maybe he comes back after the bye? If he does, is he healthy? Is he gonna make a lick of difference in the crap show? Or does he go to the pats........IF HES HEALTHY, and IF HE GETS traded he could be big. But hes got a lot of if's. For a wr4, brown is sturdy as hell. I can argue hes a solif wr2, who moving forward can flirt with wr2 territory. To me its if you wanna roll the dice.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brown will be hurt soon.

Then AJ will get hurt too.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be a great solution - more time to evaluate. ....

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would hold onto Green. He could be a difference maker down the stretch.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My team
Waller
SF D

Definitely in position to wait on green, but also utilize WR for my flex spot every week, so like to have a good stable of options
I can tell you I'd rather have John Brown, and the AJ Green stash over Crowder

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A.J. Green admitted he still has "a little ways to go" in his rehab from offseason ankle surgery.
Translation: he won't be suiting against the Jags in Week 7. Green is making progress, though the Bengals continue to list him as a DNP on their practice report. It's a wonder the Bengals didn't simply stash him on injured reserve at the start of the year, though perhaps they didn't anticipate him being gone for this long. Tyler Boyd and Auden Tate will remain Andy Dalton's go-to targets Sunday against Jacksonville.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My team
Waller
SF D

I prefer Brown to Crowder... pretty easily.

Green is a sell for cost, imo.

Green + Jacobs probably gets you a decent upgrade at RB
Green + Bills tandem might get you a safer RB3

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
re Crowder...

Jets schedule is pretty good too after NE this week...

why the three QB's? turf the mustache

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont think john brown is like desean jackson anymore. Buffalo is treating him as a true #1, hes getting 7+ targets a week, and a variety of them, not just go routes.

his targets waffled a bit but hes been dinged, and the titans game was an awful matchup. His games going forward and the next three are so juicy

Hes had 10,8,5,11,5 targets

His PPR production has been
26, 14, 9, 11, 12

@TKOSpikes can speak to how many just missed long bombs, and long TD's that hes almost had. I know that doesnt count, but when the competition dies down.....Hes played titans, pats, even jets. Yet also cincy and giants.

But going forward he has
Miami, philly, washington, cleveland, miami-thats an awesome 5 game stretch coming up.

Then gets denver.

But rebounds with
baltimore(may be better with peters now)
pittsburgh
dallas

tough last two games with jets and pats

Now you may think im pumping john brown, and I am a bit.

But I steered clear of AJ in all leagues. Because i knew he wasnt coming back anywhere near when they stated.
He hasnt even run routes in practice yet. so maybe he comes back after the bye? If he does, is he healthy? Is he gonna make a lick of difference in the crap show? Or does he go to the pats........IF HES HEALTHY, and IF HE GETS traded he could be big. But hes got a lot of if's. For a wr4, brown is sturdy as hell. I can argue hes a solif wr2, who moving forward can flirt with wr2 territory. To me its if you wanna roll the dice.

yeah... a groin tweak mid week after their bye doesn't sound too enticing, and hopefully there's no need to push him this week vs Miami

Robert Foster is practicing in full... could be a sneaky DFS

PhilSimms11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have Green as well. The Bengals are 0-6. To me, it'd be wise to keep him on the sideline until after their bye week which would be week 10. The Bengals have nothing to lose at this point, but Green does. If he were to come back too soon he could really mess up that ankle and his future with other team(s) would be hampered. Am I wrong to assume this is his last season in Cincinnati?

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have Green as well. The Bengals are 0-6. To me, it'd be wise to keep him on the sideline until after their bye week which would be week 10. The Bengals have nothing to lose at this point, but Green does. If he were to come back too soon he could really mess up that ankle and his future with other team(s) would be hampered. Am I wrong to assume this is his last season in Cincinnati?
I wouldn't assume it. I'd say its better than 50/50 he's elsewhere next year, but far from a safe assumption. Everything I've heard is that he just wants a new deal, not that he's itching to get one or leave

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah... a groin tweak mid week after their bye doesn't sound too enticing, and hopefully there's no need to push him this week vs Miami

Robert Foster is practicing in full... could be a sneaky DFS
u think they arent gonna play him? hes still practicing, im starting him as of now