• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wailing and Whining After Game #1

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not just New England!
Many good teams were surprised with a game #1 loss.
Both Superbowl teams - Rams and Bengals,
Playoffs hopefuls - NE, Green Bay, Titans, Raiders, Broncos and Colts,

That is 8 teams expecting wins.
Could teams have gone easy in preseason and caused a sluggish start?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fair enough though I still reserve the right to bitch and moan.

You gotta remove Raiders from the conversation though. Outside of myself I didn't really see anybody picking them.

And everybody is riding the Bills jockstrap so I don't know that anybody was surprised by that outcome other than the fact it was a blowout.

Green Bay, Titans, and Bengals though were pretty shocking if it weren't week one.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough though I still reserve the right to bitch and moan.

You gotta remove Raiders from the conversation though. Outside of myself I didn't really see anybody picking them.

And everybody is riding the Bills jockstrap so I don't know that anybody was surprised by that outcome other than the fact it was a blowout.

Green Bay, Titans, and Bengals though were pretty shocking if it weren't week one.
Lesser folks were bitching and moaning when the Pats didn't win Super Bowls by more points.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think anyone is implying the season is a wash let's tank the rest of the year. I am concerned with the play calling and O line play. BB trying to act all high and mighty by not hiring a legit O Line coach. And I remember people here ranting about " Well he as D coordinator so he should know O line play"

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think anyone is implying the season is a wash let's tank the rest of the year. I am concerned with the play calling and O line play. BB trying to act all high and mighty by not hiring a legit O Line coach. And I remember people here ranting about " Well he as D coordinator so he should know O line play"

I'm torn on this. I was one of the people ranting about Matty P and Joe Judge qualifying for the offensive positions simply because they've been coaching for so long, had Bill's stamp of approval for HC positions, and both have HC experience. I mean, those guys sat in all of those meetings, right? They signed off on all of those plays? Shouldn't they know what the hell they're doing?

I know I'm likely in the minority but I think Matt could likely evolve into a really good OC. I just wish he'd hurry the fuck up.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm torn on this. I was one of the people ranting about Matty P and Joe Judge qualifying for the offensive positions simply because they've been coaching for so long, had Bill's stamp of approval for HC positions, and both have HC experience. I mean, those guys sat in all of those meetings, right? They signed off on all of those plays? Shouldn't they know what the hell they're doing?

I know I'm likely in the minority but I think Matt could likely evolve into a really good OC. I just wish he'd hurry the fuck up.
You are right, he could, we all just need to be patient.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Very true. Lots of upsets, although the Pats game wasn’t really an upset if you go by spreads.

But, Pats start was more than sluggish IMO. Don’t know or care much about other teams. BB says that we won’t know what works until deeper in the season, but that seems like a bit of cop out to me.

Not strictly comparing, but look at how some favorites, and dogs, came out of the gate … Bills, Chiefs, Vikings, heck even Steelers, Bears and Seahawks. Much more intensity, game planning, creativity and will to win by those teams.

Not giving up on the Pats, but they need to improve in some pretty basic stuff.

Last edited:

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Athletic's Jeff Howe reports that Patriots WR Kendrick Bourne's playing time is expected to increase.​

Bourne apparently was late to a pregame squad meeting before New England's preseason game against Carolina and fell into Matt Patricia's doghouse because of it. Bourne had a 41-yard catch in his two snaps against the Dolphins in Week 1. It would seem silly for the offense to punish their best player further, but Patricia has famously been pretty good at holding grudges against players, so we'll see.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Patriots placed RB Ty Montgomery on injured reserve.​

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BB says that we won’t know what works until deeper in the season, but that seems like a bit of cop out to me.

I'm slightly put off by Bill saying that. We have the Bills in our division along with a Miami team that looks like a fighter. There's no time to learn what we've got later in the season. We need wins now. That philosophy was fine back when we were guaranteed to take the division every year. To hear Bill say that now seems weird. There's only 17 games. We need it figured out now.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm slightly put off by Bill saying that. We have the Bills in our division along with a Miami team that looks like a fighter. There's no time to learn what we've got later in the season. We need wins now. That philosophy was fine back when we were guaranteed to take the division every year. To hear Bill say that now seems weird. There's only 17 games. We need it figured out now.
Bill said many years ago if you break the season into four quarters and win one more game in each quarter than you did the previous quarter, you'll be in the playoffs and on a roll. It may not be an absolute, but that puts the team at a 10-11 win season.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the day after Game 7 and the loss to the Bears has all of us whining again.

I fear that the whining may become a shrill and scream over the next three games.

Jets, then the Matt Ryan-less Colts and then a trip to Buffasnow.

We could be looking at a 3-7 team .

Then again, we could be looking at a pick in the top five for the first time in 23 years.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then again, we could be looking at a pick in the top five for the first time in 23 years.
Just checked. There are still 9 teams with worse records than the Patriots. I guess they don't suck good enough.