• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wade is back

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Certain members of this board had claimed they'd make this thread for the sole purpose of antagonizing yours truly.
Sorry, but I beat you to it...:doh:

Dwyane Wade announced late last night that he's returning this season for "one last dance".

Don't really know what his incentive is if it took him all summer long to make this particular decision. It isn't if Miami is going to advance deep in the playoffs.

Only time will tell I suppose for his reasoning.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Certain members of this board had claimed they'd make this thread for the sole purpose of antagonizing yours truly.

Dwyane Wade announced late last night that he's returning this season for "one last dance".

Don't really know what his incentive is if it took him all summer long to make this particular decision. It isn't if Miami is going to advance deep in the playoffs.

You didn't beat me to it lol. I didn't care to start a thread about it. I posted about Wade return 3 or 4x on the offseason thread last night

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think his incentive is clear. He wants to play one last full season with the team he started with. I truly believe if he signed with the heat last offseason instead of returning in February that last season would have been it for him

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Opportunity for a solid thread, but as usual, you fuck it up with your stupidity.

Pretty obvious what his motivation is too. Dude's at the end of his career, played almost his entire career with the Heat and won 3 titles with them, wants one last full season with them and wants some of the love that Kobe got in his farewell season.

Nothing wrong with any of that. He's earned the right to go out the way he wants and being celebrated around the league.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trojan is on point. Good for Dwade

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This would have been a good thread if Todd hadn't started it

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good for him. Have always liked him, think he'll retire with the Heat.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the fuck are we celebrating this guy for? Seriously does this need its own thread?

Oh wait, I thought this was about Wilson Chandler...carry on.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe he likes playing basketball? And hey, 5 star hotels, millions of dollars and hanging with friends aren't bad things either?

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Opportunity for a solid thread, but as usual, you fuck it up with your stupidity.

Pretty obvious what his motivation is too. Dude's at the end of his career, played almost his entire career with the Heat and won 3 titles with them, wants one last full season with them and wants some of the love that Kobe got in his farewell season.

Nothing wrong with any of that. He's earned the right to go out the way he wants and being celebrated around the league.

Torii Hunter and Peyton Manning didn't need any BS farewell tour. They didn't make their retirement intentions known until it actually happened. They weren't ones to get in the way of what their respective teams were accomplishing.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Torii Hunter and Peyton Manning didn't need any BS farewell tour. They didn't make their retirement intentions known until it actually happened. They weren't ones to get in the way of what their respective teams were accomplishing.

Maybe because they didn't know until it actually happened?

Announcing you're going to retire before a season starts is more for the fans.

It gives fans one last chance to see that player play. For example, I had no intentions of going to any Heat games this year but now guess who will be in Barclays Center both times when the Heat visit?

Also using other sports as your example is really dumb. 2 sports in where you don't play a road game against every single team in the league.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paul Pierce announced his retirement prior to his last season as well. Funny how I didn't see you having a problem with that lol.

If you know you're going to retire then why not let the fans know who been following you for 15-20 years? It would be SELFISH to know the upcoming season will be your last and not inform your huge fan base.

Considering you're a dick on here, no surprise you want players to hit their fans out of the blue with a surprise retirement in the summer lol which would make fans miss out on the opportunity to watch their favorite player live in action one last time

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Who cares what Torii Hunter and Peyton Manning did? Retirement in the NFL and MLB isn't done the same way. Never has been.

I don't remember ever seeing a farewell tour in the NFL and I can only think of a couple in MLB.

There have been quite a few in the NBA. There's a different connection between NBA fans and players than just about any other sport. Fans are closer to the action and basketball players don't wear helmets or hats and there are fewer players. Plus, individual players have much more impact on games in the NBA than in the NFL and MLB.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So what you are saying is that the best way to do it is to be like Favre and not make your intentions known so you don't get in the way of your teams accomplishments?

I think it's fine either way. If you know it's your last season and want that known. Ok. If you know it and don't. OK. If you aren't sure and don't announce it until the season is done... ok.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who cares what Torii Hunter and Peyton Manning did? Retirement in the NFL and MLB isn't done the same way. Never has been.

I don't remember ever seeing a farewell tour in the NFL and I can only think of a couple in MLB.

There have been quite a few in the NBA. There's a different connection between NBA fans and players than just about any other sport. Fans are closer to the action and basketball players don't wear helmets or hats and there are fewer players. Plus, individual players have much more impact on games in the NBA than in the NFL and MLB.

Wade left his teammates and organization guessing for four months before making his decision to play "one last dance", a particular line he stole from Phil Jackson nonetheless.

If it took him this long to come to this conclusion, his heart is obviously half way out the door and he's just playing to feed his ego at this point. But Wade doesn't care about leaving anyone hanging, because in his mind he's D-Wade and he could do anything.

Wade = The new Brett Favre.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You didn't beat me to it lol. I didn't care to start a thread about it. I posted about Wade return 3 or 4x on the offseason thread last night

Not expecting a thread to be made when/if Wade decides to continue his NBA career later this summer.
Hell, I'll make one just to piss off Hurricane.

Whoops!

Goodbye D-Wade, you narcissistic ego-driven motherfucker. Part of that self-absorbed '03 draft class that changed our league for the worse. Let's get this season over with so you can go away.

What the fuck are we celebrating this guy for? Seriously does this need its own thread?

Oh wait, I thought this was about Wilson Chandler...carry on.

This unwritten rule that "certain players don't deserve threads" is really gay. Last I checked the top of this page reads "NBA Basketball Forum". If you have a problem with what I choose to post - Don't respond. Ain't rocket science.