• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: W3: Hopefully a chance for Redemption at the Vikings 4:30/1:30 FOX

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly........

I think we are Comparable with LA and Can beat SF

But we need ass chewing. This is early so We could just start slowly and hopefully we learn and be better.....

Why not 50/50?

I’m usually Mr Optimistic, but this team has issues right now, and it’s deeper than just a pep talk, we have some strategical issues that need changing… If we remain on this course, it’s not gonna end well … We could be seeing the end of the Pete era in Seattle …

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love to see a mid-season trade that sent Flowers somewhere else. I don't even care who we get in return they'd still be better than Flowers.

I would love to see him cut. I knew the CB's were going to be bad when Flowers was being talked up during camp. The back end of this defense cant cover, this makes the Linebackers drop back even more then the running game picks up. they come back in and the teams passing game takes off. I say put Jones in, put Blair at FS and Diggs at Nickel, Move Adams to linebacker lol.

the best DC in NFL History couldn't make this team play much better on defense because it's so broken right now. Key words are "right now" i do expect them to start playing better but it's going to take some changes being made. Firing the DC is not one of them, this defense is fundamentally broken right now.

also the offense is not doing it's part so don't think i am not looking at those guys also.

Last edited:

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wtf, yes cook was out but the Vikings are a good team and saying they are not is ignorant. Their pass defense is pretty bad but they made Lockett and DK look average and thats all you got to do on defense. Also going 9-14 on 3rd downs for the Vikes helps a shit ton. Hawks were 3-8.

A lot of you like to bash Cousins but get real he is a very good QB that makes some boneheaded plays some times. ( Wilson does this ) Cousins reminds me of David Krieg, When he is Hot he is one of the best in the league. We have seen this for YEARS now and he is still that same guy. Our players need to be more disciplined out there. Thankfully we are still "undefeated" in the division so let the other teams feel like we don't matter :)

On a side note, i think someone called Josh Gordon when Lockett went down. Expect a signing soon lol

The Vikings aren’t that great, sure Cook makes them better, but this is still a team that is not a threat in the NFC … Seahawks are making teams look better than what they are … And I’ve actually always liked Cousins, while not an elite guy he’s capable ..

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Seahawks are built for complimentary football and while I'd shift more blame on the defense the offense is a big part of the problem as well.

Love Norton as a player (9er at least) and an LB coach but he clearly blows as a DC. Carroll has a large share of blame as well because he's a defensive coach, it's his scheme, he's involved with the game planning on that side of the ball, and at any time he can take the wheel from Norton if he feels Norton is steering into a brick wall.

The big issue outside of Norton/Carroll is Carroll's scheme requires high-end talent on every level of the defense to really function at a high level. It's not basic or simple but it's not designed to really fool you and trick you either but to just say "Our guys are better than yours and we're going to put them the best position to beat you up."

Offensively my impression is Waldon is getting completely schooled when it comes to the adjustments phase of games. The Hawks offense starts off strong early when you're more in the scripted and game planned part of the game but once the opposing defenses start to make adjustments especially at half Waldon seems like he has no counters to those adjustments.

In 3 games in the second half the offense has 2 TDs and one of them was a deep ball on blown coverage. In this game the second half you had 3 drives (outside the garbage time final drive) each 5 plays and a combined something 60 yards between the 3 of them. That's just not going to cut it no matter how good or poor your defense plays.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m usually Mr Optimistic, but this team has issues right now, and it’s deeper than just a pep talk, we have some strategical issues that need changing… If we remain on this course, it’s not gonna end well.

I agree on this. I hope the fact we are playing Divisional games wakes our ass up
We could be seeing the end of the Pete era in Seattle …

Sadly. I agree with this. Dare I say we hit the full reset and trade Wilson for 1sts+

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks are built for complimentary football and while I'd shift more blame on the defense the offense is a big part of the problem as well.

Love Norton as a player (9er at least) and an LB coach but he clearly blows as a DC. Carroll has a large share of blame as well because he's a defensive coach, it's his scheme, he's involved with the game planning on that side of the ball, and at any time he can take the wheel from Norton if he feels Norton is steering into a brick wall.

The big issue outside of Norton/Carroll is Carroll's scheme requires high-end talent on every level of the defense to really function at a high level. It's not basic or simple but it's not designed to really fool you and trick you either but to just say "Our guys are better than yours and we're going to put them the best position to beat you up."

Offensively my impression is Waldon is getting completely schooled when it comes to the adjustments phase of games. The Hawks offense starts off strong early when you're more in the scripted and game planned part of the game but once the opposing defenses start to make adjustments especially at half Waldon seems like he has no counters to those adjustments.

In 3 games in the second half the offense has 2 TDs and one of them was a deep ball on blown coverage. In this game the second half you had 3 drives (outside the garbage time final drive) each 5 plays and a combined something 60 yards between the 3 of them. That's just not going to cut it no matter how good or poor your defense plays.

This is nothing new, Hawks for years go so flat when leading they always allow teams back into the game. Thing is They would still end up pulling it out more times than not. That was because they had the talent to do so, more so on defense.

I like to call it the prevent offense and the fact Carroll REFUSES to blow teams out, this is not a joke it's like he is afraid of hurting someone's feelings! not joking lol

Even in the LOB days we saw this tendency.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree on this. I hope the fact we are playing Divisional games wakes our ass up

Sadly. I agree with this. Dare I say we hit the full reset and trade Wilson for 1sts+

As much as that hurts me, I think trading Wilson for the right price might be a good thing this off-season, it would hurt us initially, but benefit us potentially down the road… We have no 1st round picks next year so despite how bad of a season we have we won’t see any major benefit draft wise besides some better positions after the 1st round which will help, but trading Wilson could benefit us in a big way … I think we all know that means total rebuild time, because we will suck for a while if we let Wilson go… But we’re spinning our wheels now, just good enough to make the playoffs but not even close to good enough to make any noise… We might need 2 or 3 years of rebuilding time to stack the roster back up… But at this point is Pete the guy ? I’m starting to wonder, because he’s made some questionable decisions for sure …. People will say it’s too early in the season, which is true, BUT it’s inevitable I feel, this team has issues and the Titans exposed that, and it’s officially trouble …

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as that hurts me, I think trading Wilson for the right price might be a good thing this off-season, it would hurt us initially, but benefit us potentially down the road… We have no 1st round picks next year so despite how bad of a season we have we won’t see any major benefit draft wise besides some better positions after the 1st round which will help, but trading Wilson could benefit us in a big way … I think we all know that means total rebuild time, because we will suck for a while if we let Wilson go… But we’re spinning our wheels now, just good enough to make the playoffs but not even close to good enough to make any noise… We might need 2 or 3 years of rebuilding time to stack the roster back up… But at this point is Pete the guy ? I’m starting to wonder, because he’s made some questionable decisions for sure …. People will say it’s too early in the season, which is true, BUT it’s inevitable I feel, this team has issues and the Titans exposed that, and it’s officially trouble …

If we do. I'd look at Willis from Liberty or Jefferson form Arky, but i'm a sucker for small school guys

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The game today was damn depressing. The defense looks as helpless as a little girl fighting a monster of a man today. Couldn't stop the runs, couldn't defend passes. It was like having to watch a forcible r*pe happen in front of your eyes. It was horrible. The offense looked good for stretches in the game but couldn't keep it up. Maybe it's just me but when Wilson breaks the pocket he seems to make a extra long arch/ loop around the battle of lines which allows defenders to keep him from running downfield as they can run parallel to the line and stay between him and open space.
IDK if there is a fix for this season and maybe the coaching staff gets sacked. I don't look forward to it as I'm convinced the next coaching staff will end up being pure shit, after all most of them are -retreads and former coordinators and those from college 90% end up being massive failures Still I get why folks want a change, it's so hard to watch what we saw today and last week and the Seahawks seem out manned and the coaching staff don't seem to have a answer.
Seahawks might want to address why their rosters always seems to be bunch of sub par players held together by a small handful of actual good players,
Probably not a good idea for me to post after such a disappointing loss.

Last edited:

pittpnthrs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wtf, yes cook was out but the Vikings are a good team and saying they are not is ignorant. Their pass defense is pretty bad but they made Lockett and DK look average and thats all you got to do on defense. Also going 9-14 on 3rd downs for the Vikes helps a shit ton. Hawks were 3-8.

A lot of you like to bash Cousins but get real he is a very good QB that makes some boneheaded plays some times. ( Wilson does this ) Cousins reminds me of David Krieg, When he is Hot he is one of the best in the league. We have seen this for YEARS now and he is still that same guy. Our players need to be more disciplined out there. Thankfully we are still "undefeated" in the division so let the other teams feel like we don't matter :)

On a side note, i think someone called Josh Gordon when Lockett went down. Expect a signing soon lol

The Vikings were 7-9 last season and 0-2 going into this game. I'm not buying that they are good team. Fact is, Seattle is a bad team right now and its going to get worse before it gets better.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks might want to address why their rosters always seems to be bunch of sub par players held together by a small handful of actual good players,
That would mean firing the front office, which I support.
Just sucks that paul allen isnt with us any more, he would have made sure the next hire was a home run. Who knows what jody will do...

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Vikings were 7-9 last season and 0-2 going into this game. I'm not buying that they are good team. Fact is, Seattle is a bad team right now and its going to get worse before it gets better.

ok let me rephrase that then, They are a good offensive team and have talent there. They are a tough out and like I stated before this game the Hawks were going to get the best version of the Vikes as this was their home opener after two road loses by a combined 5 points on the road. Say what you want but they are not a bad team and were the #4 team in yardage last season in the NFL.

Bad Defense but very good offense.

that bad Vikings defense showed what want to and desire and heart can do. Right now our defense is flat out broken. Players are out of position or don't understand their responsibility. They CB's look slow and lost, the FS and SS both have really been non-factors, Bobby is a beast and will always be one but come on they were hyping up Mone ..... MONE!

I stated this before but our defense makes average guys look better because of how truly bad the players are. They just are not that good other than bobby.

I myself would trade Adams for some CB help and move Blair to SS.

Last edited:

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna be a long year … unless some drastic changes are made, it’s trouble …
Yep. We’ve dug ourselves a big hole. Especially in our division. The defense looks awful in the office looks inconsistent.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then fire all of them, they are all responsible and they all need to go.
That makes more sense than the people just blindly saying fire Norton and all of the ills of this team go away.
I’ll say it again though, this defense has enough talent to be better than what they are … It’s just maddening how this defensive play calling is acceptable to any Seahawks fan … I’d take you as defensive coordinator right now ! That’s how bad I want a change … :)
They have Trey fucking Flowers starting at corner. Not nickel, he's your f'n corner. And he's TERRIBLE. Didn't he rank near dead last in recent years? I'm not seeing much more on the other side to be honest, but between Flowers playing 5-10y off on damn near every play, even on short yardage downs, and their entire inability to cover over the middle (LB issues BIG TIME) and then how infrequently they are getting any type of pressure rushing 4, THEY HAVE ISSUES ON ALL 3 LAYERS OF THE DEFENSE. That's fact. There is no debating that.

The offense doesn't get off scot free either, but this was way more about the defense. THIS TEAM HAS ALWAYS BEEN DEFENSE FIRST AND CONSERVATIVE OFFENSE. Their O went out and got them 17 in the first half and the D gave up 3 TD drives and one punt over that span. While both units feed off each other and the D really didn't help the O with all of the TOP they gave up in the second half, their meltdown was THE WHOLE FUCKING GAME while the offense took its typical half a game off.

They still don't have a good O line, they have no depth at RB and become easy prey when Carson has any plays off, they suddenly just forget about DK and all of those short routes they worked on it make sure he was available for any play, but they can still score in spells. They just can't do it for 4 quarters.

All of the drama with Wilson in the off season pushing Carroll and RS to spend most of their attention to the offense hasn't paid off. Their D is depleted and the O is still middle of the road.

This team will be lucky to go 1-5 against their division opponents the way they are configured.

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The game today was damn depressing. The defense looks as helpless as a little girl fighting a monster of a man today. Couldn't stop the runs, couldn't defend passes. It was like having to watch a forcible r*pe happen in front of your eyes. It was horrible. The offense looked good for stretches in the game but couldn't keep it up. Maybe it's just me but when Wilson breaks the pocket he seems to make a extra long arch/ loop around the battle of lines which allows defenders to keep him from running downfield as they can run parallel to the line and stay between him and open space.
IDK if there is a fix for this season and maybe the coaching staff gets sacked. I don't look forward to it as I'm convinced the next coaching staff will end up being pure shit, after all most of them are -retreads and former coordinators and those from college 90% end up being massive failures Still I get why folks want a change, it's so hard to watch what we saw today and last week and the Seahawks seem out manned and the coaching staff don't seem to have a answer.
Probably not a good idea for me to post after such a disappointing loss.
WHAT defense?! Russ did all he could manage out there, and they STILL insisted on making it tough for him.

That was a damn disappointment, even more inexcusable than last week. What's worse, someone in the coaching staff doesn't seem to care, otherwise they would have changed up the defensive plays to where we could actually make a difference!

Or at least send in the second string; by now, they've prob watched the main line long enough to know what NOT to do, I'll bet.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After Watching the LA Rams short passing game against TB it makes me sick. That is what I thought was coming to our offense. What ever they are running right now looks almost identical to what we saw in the 2nd half of last season. Damn near identical!

:L

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they are serious in dealing Wilson then it Pete kind of has to go as at least the head coach. Trading Wilson means at least 2 bad years of football and hoping to find a diamond in the rough.