• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: W2: Dumptrack and crew coming to Lumen. 4:05/1:05 CBS/CTV

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't be a pass first team - and try to sit on leads for 2 quarters. Those two things are incompatible.

The defense was good today. No one could hold up to Derrick Henry for 42 minutes of TOP. You could see when they were gassed too. They just ran out of steam, and there just wasn't enough in the tank to keep going. It was Freddie Swain's TD. They just never got any rest the entire second half. The pressure on Tannehill from the first half, the push blowing up plays in the backfield in the first half. All gone by the 4th quarter. After dominating with over 18 minutes of TOP in the first half - Tennessee had it 19 minutes in the 3rd and 4th quarter.

Waldron called the game like he was Schotty. Absolutely putrid offensive gameplan. We didn't even attempt to get our TEs involved most of the game. There was almost no motion presnap. It's like Pete is more concerned about running the offense the way he wants it than he is about winning the game. We went up 2 possession in the 2nd quarter (17-6) and we ran the ball only 9 more times the rest of the game. We went from a 43-57 run/pass to a 29/71 run/pass while somehow still trying to just sit on the lead.

This game should have been a win. We should be celebrating Wilson's 100th win. Instead we have this outcome. The offense went "look at me" and made the defense do all the work.

Lineman16

Yep
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't be a pass first team - and try to sit on leads for 2 quarters. Those two things are incompatible.

The defense was good today. No one could hold up to Derrick Henry for 42 minutes of TOP. You could see when they were gassed too. They just ran out of steam, and there just wasn't enough in the tank to keep going. It was Freddie Swain's TD. They just never got any rest the entire second half. The pressure on Tannehill from the first half, the push blowing up plays in the backfield in the first half. All gone by the 4th quarter. After dominating with over 18 minutes of TOP in the first half - Tennessee had it 19 minutes in the 3rd and 4th quarter.

Waldron called the game like he was Schotty. Absolutely putrid offensive gameplan. We didn't even attempt to get our TEs involved most of the game. There was almost no motion presnap. It's like Pete is more concerned about running the offense the way he wants it than he is about winning the game. We went up 2 possession in the 2nd quarter (17-6) and we ran the ball only 9 more times the rest of the game. We went from a 43-57 run/pass to a 29/71 run/pass while somehow still trying to just sit on the lead.

This game should have been a win. We should be celebrating Wilson's 100th win. Instead we have this outcome. The offense went "look at me" and made the defense do all the work.
to add...
All the pass attempts were inside 5 yrs. Ball control in my option with no purpose. I really can see this team being very good, maybe like the Saint's when Breeze was on point. You just can't sit back in today's game.... Still a 10-13 win team I feel...

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Defense can’t sit in zone coverages all day either… And yeah running the ball more would have been nice, especially with the lead late in the game …

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm the guy who doesn't like second guessing the past because you can't change the past.

But being up 14 in the 4th and losing is unacceptable. Especially if we are what we think we are

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm the guy who doesn't like second guessing the past because you can't change the past.

But being up 14 in the 4th and losing is unacceptable. Especially if we are what we think we are
The whole second half was pretty bad. Even something that is normally pretty insignificant like missing an extra point became huge. That extra point would have forced the Titans to try a 2 pt conversion to tie.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yah I'm done.... I'm just beyond tolerance at this point.

I hear ya … I mean it’s the NFL so you’re team is gone lose sometimes, but giving up 347 yards to Tennehill ! Also 182 yards on the ground, I mean Henry is a stud, but common !! Our D has serious issues, and I don’t think it’s all on the players…

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense can’t sit in zone coverages all day either… And yeah running the ball more would have been nice, especially with the lead late in the game …

I'm not gonna blame the zone too terribly much. As stated, we played that way all day. Though not Legion good, we were still effective. Pressure was brought and the run game shut down. But asking the defense to take on the Herculean task of shutting down Henry for 42 minutes of TOP was a tall order. Tennessee Lynched us, and Pete & co. just didn't seem to see it coming until they couldn't stop it.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear ya … I mean it’s the NFL so you’re team is gone lose sometimes, but giving up 347 yards to Tennehill ! Also 182 yards on the ground, I mean Henry is a stud, but common !! Our D has serious issues, and I don’t think it’s all on the players…
That was our defense the first half of the season in 2020... Norton is the common denominator... Hopefully he improves his play calling and adjust quicker than he did last season...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You can't exempt RW from blame... He has the play calls and chooses who to throw the ball to... He also checks out of plays into his own... We revamped the OL at his request and he's still taking sacks due to looking down field for big plays instead of taking check downs when it's right there for him to do so... RW shoulders the blame as well, imo... Our OL is improved and he's still taking dumb sacks that he instigates... He didn't do anything to get our TE's involved in the game...

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That second half...THAT was what worried me a month ago.

More than just RW throwing the long ball all the time instead of just doing the "nickel and dime" once in a while, but that defense, or lack thereof, that blew it all for us!

Goes to show no matter which string of D is supposed to be out there, Norton WILL mess them up!

I wonder how soon in the season someone can be on the hot seat?

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't exempt RW from blame... He has the play calls and chooses who to throw the ball to... He also checks out of plays into his own... We revamped the OL at his request and he's still taking sacks due to looking down field for big plays instead of taking check downs when it's right there for him to do so... RW shoulders the blame as well, imo... Our OL is improved and he's still taking dumb sacks that he instigates... He didn't do anything to get our TE's involved in the game...

I don't give Russ a pass on the offense. 10 minutes left, 3rd and 3, up by only 7. Russ goes deep. Instead of extending the drive and getting 2 measly yards, Russ thinks he's gonna throw a knock out punch. Instead we punt and our exhausted defense goes back out there after 1:54 seconds of rest. The fact they didn't collapse right there and held on 4th down is a miracle, but the offense gave another 3 and out in which they looked terrible.
1​
2​
3​
4​
OT​
Total​
Tennessee​
08:53​
09:38​
10:11​
09:30​
08:54​
47:06​
Seattle​
06:17​
05:22​
04:49​
05:30​
01:00​
22:58​

Tennessee dominated TOP - and even did a no huddle to keep Seattle's D from subbing in fresh bodies, further contributing to the fatigue. Until the end of the third quarter the defense actually looked like they Could hold, if the offense would just let them get some rest - but that didn't happen.

Indy dominated the TOP last week too (over 35 minutes). Our offense is gonna have to start giving our defense a little more rest, or they are gonna have to start scoring on nearly every drive - cause our defense is gonna give up massive amounts of points and yards.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Was able to watch the game since it was the afternoon game and my 9ers played in the morning and I wouldn't put it in devastating loss territory for you guys but given how tight the NFC West is so far shaping up to be no team in the division can really afford to lose games you have no business losing.

My impression was your offense was the bigger issue than the defense. I thought they had one good drive the entire game and that was the drive before the half. But two TDs came off of big plays, one FG came off a big play, and one TD was from a fumble that already put you range for a gimme TD. Granted you scored 30 and that should've been enough to win but you'd also want to see more well executed methodical drives that take some time off the clock, rest the defense, and just control the game.

Now I wouldn't excuse the D completely because they were spotted a two score lead most the game and part of the reason they lost the TOP battle by almost twenty minutes and ran 31 more plays than Seattle's offense despite having one more drive was you not getting yourselves off the field. Yes the offense not maintaining drives and eating up more time was a problem but there is no rule against making the other team's offense go 3 and out either.

I'd say one thing to monitor is so far in both games the offense has only scored one TD in each 2nd half and both being in the 4th quarter. It does start to beg the question on if you're getting out adjusted during halftime offensively.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Time for Pete to move on...

I honestly have to say this is the most disinterested I've been in the Seahawks in the last couple decades (no exaggeration). We're stuck in fuckin' purgatory.
I've banged that drum a couple years now but he's almost the worst kind of coach to have.

Good enough to make the playoffs and not get fired but not good enough to really do anything there unless the stars really align. He's the NFC version of Mike Tomlin.

Give credit where it's due and he's won a SB and almost won another but he's been living off that prime LOB era and Wilson dragging the roster into the playoffs year after year.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was such a pathetic loss to control the entire game comfortably only to choke at the end. I am starting to believe that this offense is really just RW, Lockett, and DK being buddy buddy and RW using his brass to lean on dropping back and throwing bombs for TDs. What that tells me is that it doesn't really matter who the OC is RW will lead the offense the way he wants to which is basically him bombing it away. It looked like the defense held their passing game on check the entire game with some help with Brown dropping the ball. Henry ran all over us but some can argue that is to be expected all though Arizona had him in check last week.

The defense has issues to workout but like Jikkle said 14 of those points came from a fumble sack that landed them on the goal line and a busted coverage that landed Swain a TD. At the end of the day in OT the defense did their job and stopped the Titans and put the offense in position to win the game. All they had to do was move the ball like 60-70 yards and kick a field goal and instead RW almost got sacked in the endzone.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not on the fire pete bandwagon because you simply do not fire coaches that give you winning seasons and division titles. I would rather us have these winning seasons then start tearing things apart and now we are a team trying to find ourselves like the Bears, Giants or Dolphins getting our asses beat by the Rams, Cardinals or 49ers

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was such a pathetic loss to control the entire game comfortably only to choke at the end. I am starting to believe that this offense is really just RW, Lockett, and DK being buddy buddy and RW using his brass to lean on dropping back and throwing bombs for TDs. What that tells me is that it doesn't really matter who the OC is RW will lead the offense the way he wants to which is basically him bombing it away.
Yeah, our offense whet 3 and out on 3 of their last 4 possessions of the game... Then RW is in position to drive the team downfield for a game winning FG and he throws two horrible passes downfield and quickly it's 3rd and 10... Then he does a RW thing, takes a long sack in an inopportune time of the game... Hey, Russ - That spin move does not work anymore... That last drive by RW is what lost us the game... Instead of having 15 yards to snap the ball, we had 11 yards and they end up getting the punt downed at our own 40 yard line... Taking a check down would've put us at the 20 at least and could've had a chance at putting the Titans on their own 30-35 yard line instead of our 40 yard line... The Hawks Coug'd it... Plain and simple...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This defense reared its ugly head... In 2020, the Hawks defense gave up the most yards in the history of the NFL... That's not sustainable... If this is going to be a pattern again, we won't be competitive in the NFC West... At home we had a 24-6 lead at half time and a 14 pt lead in the 4th quarter... Our Franchise, elite QB had the ball in OT to put us in FG range and he choked...

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This loss is on the offense. Period.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure was a disappointing lose. They seem to be cruising just fine in the first half only to fall apart in the second half. I feel the defense can be OK but isn't great, they need the offense to help limit their time on the field and those bombs the Seahawks hit on actually make it harder on the defense. The offense wasn't running the ball good and the short passing game never developed and once again they became reliant on those big plays to score. We were hoping to see the TE included in the offense and that didn't happen. Need to have the run game clicking and use a short quick passing game to keep defenders from out of our backfield.
I'm not hoping for Pete to get fired, I just want him to make the adjustments needed. Making adjustments that go counter to his roots have not been a strength of his. His offenses have too much of Al Davis style about them. Run, run, bomb and the run game has been flat and that only makes it worse.
The defense is good enough to hold up if the offense can stay on the field long enough to keep the defense fresh. However if the offense doesn't stay on the field for a decent stretch the defense can unravel. Yesterday was case in point.
Onto Minnesota and the Vikings. Going to need a victory or face a uphill battle to make the playoffs. The Vikings have had a rough start losing 2 straight and they'll be motivated not to let that be 3 straight. Davin Cook, Adam Thielen and Justin Jefferson is a potent offensive group this is going to be a challenge to win IMO.