• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: W2: Dumptrack and crew coming to Lumen. 4:05/1:05 CBS/CTV

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a but flummoxed by how we are using DK in this offense through 8 quarters. He had no targets at all in the 1st half of week 1, and the only deep shots we seem to be giving him now are down the sideline when he has to go up and twist his body to make some amazing catch. Where are the deep bombs down the seams or in the middle where he can just outrun the coverage? It's only 2 games, but so far I don't think we are taking advantage of his strengths.

From what I remember, both Indy and Tennessee have been rolling safety help over the top to DK. Wilson has been trying to go deep to DK, his second sack on Sunday was when he tried to go deep to DK but pulled it back at the last second and then went under. At times it looked like the team was making a concerted effort to get DK the ball, but he's not being left in one on ones anymore. Lockett has been benefiting - and if that continues, defenses are gonna have to play DK more straight and that should open opportunities for him as the season goes on.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jikkle is a reasonable and respectful poster in this thread........but he is still a 49ers fan so he will try to sow negative seeds of dissension, even if it is on a subconscious level.

He is also telling us that PC, Waldron, and Wilson are all incompatible, which is pure speculation at this point. So take it with a grain of salt.
I think it's an honest opinion. Seems like Pete called out Russ a bit on the OT 3 and out. It's not all sunshine and rainbows with a football team.

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's an honest opinion. Seems like Pete called out Russ a bit on the OT 3 and out. It's not all sunshine and rainbows with a football team.
That was one of many 3-and-outs we had. This goes back to what I said a couple of pages ago about not doing the "nickel and dime" on the Titan defense, instead just settling for long passes in hopes that someone will always be there. But it's not the only thing that backfired.

I agree with what was said earlier about the next five games. We're gonna need a new game plan if we want to come out ahead in that stretch. Otherwise...well...

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Myself I am not saying blow it all up. The Hawks have some very Ugly tendencies that give teams undeniable hope that they can and will catch back up when trailing. The Seahawks LOVE to sit on leads and sucking the life out of their offense with play calling that leaves you scratching your head. The common denominator over all of that is Pete Carrol and Wilson. I can't even blame Norton like many of you like to do because we saw it with Richards and Quinn and Bradly .... they all had this issue or is it their issue? once again Pete runs the offense AND THE DEFENSE how HE wants it ran.

When a team or player has a tell in sports they do all they can to remove that tell. The Hawks need to change the status quo of setting on leads even before halftime and playing Prevent defense when you got 10 point leads. They need to go out there and STEP ON THEIR OPPENENTS THROATS! Stop this patty cake patty cake shit! If i was a coach going against the Hawks i would say, just hang in there and try to stay close then in the 2nd half when they can no longer "turn it back on" we pounce and take the win.

For some reason it seems Pete would rather see a last second win or 24-21 type game than a 48-10 victory. it's like he is afraid to hurt players feelings ON THE OTHER TEAM!

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow so many typo's... oof

All I can tell you is that I miss the offense we had with Darrell Bevell and that makes me sick to my stomach. The last couple of years I have seen a offense with no identity. Still early this season with a New OC but I feel it might just be more of the same. It's either/or with the hawks either they run it or they go deep. Carson is a solid pass catcher, USE HIM AS ONE! Penny when Healthy is probably the best pass catching RB on the team USE HIM AS SUCH!

With Wilsons mobility i never under stood why they never do a boot to the right then throw back to a RB on the left with blockers in front! This play is open for them but they refuse to use it.

Last edited:

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow so many typo's... oof

All I can tell you is that I miss the offense we had with Darrell Bevell and that makes me sick to my stomach. The last couple of years I have seen a offense with no identity. Still early this season with a New OC but I feel it might just be more of the same. It's either/or with the hawks either they run it or they go deep. Carson is a solid pass catcher, USE HIM AS ONE! Penny when Healthy is probably the best pass catching RB on the team USE HIM AS SUCH!

With Wilsons mobility i never under stood why they never do a boot to the right then throw back to a RB on the left with blockers in front! This play is open for them but they refuse to use it.

In a lot of ways, this offense is from the 90s.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is the type play i am talking about, who remembers this? ( 1:59:20 )

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying it isn't an honest opinion, or even that it possibly doesn't have a basis in reality.
I am saying that the PC/Wilson relationship has been successful for 9 years, and that the Waldron relationship has literally been 2 games. Of those 2 games, 1 was highly successful and the other was crap. I don't think that is enough of a sample to declare him as incompatible.
I am also saying that, however articulate and reasonable, it is a view from our biggest rival's fan. Even if he is a good poster who isn't openly trolling he would still love to see us fail. So keep that in mind when he states his views.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We really just miss what Lynch would bring to the team and this team was never the same since he left. One thing I do put on Pete Caroll is that it took us years just to find a decent running back in Chris Carson. With all the success around the league with teams drafting backs we have drafted RB's in damn near every round of the draft and they have all been busts except for CC. I still believe that we should have signed Kareem Hunt when he was just sitting there in free agency coming off of 11 games having scored 14 TDs before getting suspended. Instead we went in with CC and Penny (again this season) then finished the season with Marshawn Lynch