• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: W1: Seattle vs Indianapolis 1:05 E/10:05 P FOX/CTV

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pete Carroll Nfl GIF by Seattle Seahawks

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Site is lagging out so bad right now. See you guys next week.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Colts didn't show any urgency when they were down 3 scores with about 6 minutes left. Baffling that they didn't go into some kind of clock management scheme instead of eating clock.

Good win for the Seahawks! 10 am road game victory to start the year!

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game was not bad at all but Wilson still looks to be allergic to short throws. He had some success with them then it's like oh lets go 10-15 yards down the field every time. Offense went sluggish when it happened but was bailed out by the 69 yard TD pass in the 2nd quarter. I swear Wilson just refuses to dump off when he can. He had that Quick hitter coming out after the Half and pulled up on it and got sacked. Should have thrown it because no one was around them yet.

This was Waldron's first game as a OC calling plays and I give him a B-. I saw some stuff I really liked but also saw some of the "old stuff" show it's head also.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always good to get a opening week win against a very good team in their house on the East coast. 12 wins out of 13 in 10am games since when? Who was it that was saying "but the Hawks are not very good at 10am" That was so long ago.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About as good of a performance as you could ask for all around. D came up big when they needed to.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe it's because I've had to suffer through watching John Donovan call plays for UW, but I thought the offensive gameplan looked great for the Seahawks.

On the other side of the ball, our pass rush looked great. If we rush the passer like that on a weekly basis, we won't even need to worry about our CBs being practice squad-tier players.

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About as good of a performance as you could ask for all around. D came up big when they needed to.

Last season, it seemed that no one respected Seattle's defense and went for 4th & short a lot. Today, the "D" said "Bring It!!!". 16 more weeks to go but the Seahawks started in the right direction.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rasheem Green stepped the hell up! Excited about the pressure we were able to get with the front 4 against a pretty decent Oline. Good signs for what's ahead.

Eskridge looks as fast as anyone in the league.

Carson running like Lynch early.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe it's because I've had to suffer through watching John Donovan call plays for UW, but I thought the offensive gameplan looked great for the Seahawks.

On the other side of the ball, our pass rush looked great. If we rush the passer like that on a weekly basis, we won't even need to worry about our CBs being practice squad-tier players.

I agree. I know Fisher was out, but the interior of the Colts' line is very good or certainly above average.

Rasheem Green was on point today. Yes he was going against a backup, but when we drafted that guy it was widely known he was going to take a couple years to develop and put on some size/bulk. He looks great this year. I have a feeling someone is going to give him a big contract next year.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Encouraged big time by the way we won today. Put up points in the 1st half and didn't end up letting the other team close the gap. Getting pressure with the front 4 was great to see as well.

I had this game as a loss when the schedule first came out. Obviously some things changed there, but I also had week 2's game as a loss, and let's hope the Titans performance against AZ is a sign of things to come next week.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Encouraged big time by the way we won today. Put up points in the 1st half and didn't end up letting the other team close the gap. Getting pressure with the front 4 was great to see as well.

I had this game as a loss when the schedule first came out. Obviously some things changed there, but I also had week 2's game as a loss, and let's hope the Titans performance against AZ is a sign of things to come next week.

I'm not sure I had this pegged as a loss, but I as DEFINITELY 50/50. When you win by two scores on the road (with heavily biased officiating) I gotta say it's encouraging. Hopefully we can take care of the Titans next week. We handled Taylor decently so I think we can handle Henry pending injury.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rashaad Penny is made of glass, about tired of this guy barely playing and always getting hurt… Wasted 1st round pick so far, and it sucks because he has so much potential …

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rashaad Penny is made of glass, about tired of this guy barely playing and always getting hurt… Wasted 1st round pick so far, and it sucks because he has so much potential …

Starting to channel his best Prosise

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve moved on from Penny myself, it’s time for the Carson/Collins combo; no rest for the defense with those two bruisers.

Also, did Eskridge remind anyone of Harvin today? If we add that extra layer of Harvin type plays this offense may be unstoppable.

Great win and a lot of positives on both sides of the ball.

1-0!

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starting to channel his best Prosise
I was just about to mention his name its a damn shame. To be honest the sample size I have scene of Penny I am not really convinced that he is something special I was kind of hoping that the seahawks would have added more depth behind Carson because it seems with his violent running style he is prone to getting injured as well every season.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everything was not all roses in this game. The Team once again started sitting on a lead EARLY or that's what it looked like. The play calling went vanilla and some of those passes in the 2nd half by Wilson were head scratchers. It was like Well we didn't really call a play for success so I'm just going to huck it to DK. This is a direct reflection of Pete Carroll, He is so risk adverse some times it takes away the competitive edge. Also the Oline was pretty good in the running game, not so much in pass protection. Wilson was Sacked 3 times but one of those was on him. He had the quick release dump to the RB but refused to throw it and got sacked after pumping to the RB. Next time take those 5 yards not a sack Wilson. The CB can't cover, with all the pressure the Hawks were getting on Wentz he still had Wide open targets just seconds after the Snap. WIDE OPEN. Was not impressed at all by anyone on the back end of the defense. Even with the pressure the Hawks got Wentz had a clean pocket on 23 attempts and completed 17 of those ...easily. 23 Passing attempts with zero pressure, hmm maybe it wasn't such a great day after all.

A win is a win and seeing as the Hawks only had like 2 or 3 starters get any playing time in the preseason I will take what I saw. Indy had one of the best defenses last year in the NFL and until the Hawks went into a self imposed prevent offense things looked really good. Team needs to go find some "real" CB help or I fear it will bite us sooner rather than later.

All things being even I would take this outcome 17 times out of 17 games but I hope to see even better. Oh one last thing, the 4 for 4 on pass plays that were Behind the LoS went for 25 yards. Hey Wilson don't be afraid to throw those Check downs more and remove sacks. +6.5 yards is much better than -10 on a sack! Brady made a living being captain check down! Added bonus is it will boost your completion percentage :)

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The game went more or less expected with more positives than negatives, and a pretty comfortable win. I had it 27-13, so with under 3 min left in the game and 28-10, that seemed to be pretty close. My main takeaways:
  • The offense was better early in the game than I expected after not giving key starters pre-season reps. Not sure if I am ready to attribute it to the new scheme because our O was also explosive in the first couple months of last season. But great to see them going up and down the field, save a very ho-hum 3rd qtr.
  • RW was surgical -- just 1 more incompletion than TD passes on only 23 attempts? He was also a bit more fired up than normal after a couple of those scores. Usually he gets that way if they make a big play to take a late lead, but it was right from the first score yesterday. That massive bomb to TL was a thing of beauty.
  • D was solid. Not great, but they did their part for sure. Up until nearly the 2 min warning in the 2nd half, they had only allowed 10 points and for most of the game kept Indy from being competitive. Wentz took a beating. CBs held up ok, secondary kept explosive plays to a minimum.
  • Darrell Taylor showed some really quick moves and laid the smack down. Rasheem Green carried his strong pre-season into week 1 and was a problem for Indy's OL.
  • Why are announcers and analysts still so enamored with TOP? They gushed over Indy's 9+ min FG drive to open the game (which should have ended in a 3 & out if not for Adams getting off a hair early), and then we come back and score a TD in 3 minutes. What you do with the ball when you have it means a lot more than how long it takes for you to do it. It's great to be able to hold the ball at the end and not give it back to run out the clock, but other than that I think time of possession is largely meaningless.
  • What was Indy doing on that last possession? They had the ball down by 12 and 1 TOL with just under 2 minutes, and they didn't appear at all to be interested in getting a quick score. They did have a long field, but don't you at least have to try? It looked more like they gave up and just wanted to the game to be over. If our team ever did that, I would be super pissed. Embarrassing.
All in all, good start. Certainly could have been better on O in the 3rd quarter, but I don't expect flawless play for an entire game. Next up is the Titans for the opener, and they got steamrolled yesterday by the Cards. Hopefully we confirm that Ten is just that bad instead of Arizona being that good.

Other comments on Week 1:
  • GB....wow. Not sure I recall the last time I saw them get humiliated and dominated like that in the Rodgers era. He looked disinterested out there. If they don't bounce back immediately from this, things could south there quickly.
  • NFCN is 0-4. We play the whole division this year, which right now looks like a pretty good deal. Long season though, and things always change along the way.
  • NFCW 4-0. Division games promise to be battles. Stafford looked pretty good in his Rams debut, though that game was closer than I thought it would be in the 4th qtr.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was dumb by DK, but its ridiculous that it wasn't a penalty on both teams. Not ok to talk a little shit but it is ok to shove a player when a play isn't going on?
I really hope DK did something more than what they showed during the broadcast to earn that penalty. If not, that's some really cheap bs. That looked like standard smack talking that happens on nearly every big play to me. Really lame.