• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: VT Spring Game

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had a chance to attend last week and came away with a few observations.

1. QBs: All 3 QBs surpassed my original expectations. Hooker: While it is known Henderson played with the 2nd team, it was obvious he was talented, had poise and also when needed had break away speed. The other major item for Hooker is that he was able to get to his second and third progression and completed passes in doing so. Huge for a 1st year freshman. Bush: This dude is more of a physical specimen that I originally thought. He is built, can take hits, is a lefty and had some zip on the balls and decent throws. I am sure on two of his possessions he would of scored using his feet and also zipping it through the air if lack of time and/or qb touch rules were not in play. Jackson: With another year under his belt it is obvious he is comfortable going through his progressions and had some nice connections. He appeared to be where we thought he would be as a second year player in the system.
  2. TEs: I think Fuente has what he has been looking for in terms of TEs now. He has TEs that are very capable blockers and good with their hands. Keane will be a very good player and he has the goods I think to immediately contribute and make an impact.
  3. WRs: I was hoping from a little more with Pimpleton but he showed flashes of speed at times but also appeared to be sucked up in defensive schemes at times. Kumah was out and Farley was a beast. Some of his catches in mid stride were sick (i.e one-handed grab on 30-40 yd passs). One of our veteran cbs was so badly torched on the first series or so he had so blatantly hold and push so Farley would not score on a 40 yd pass. It appears he will stay on O and if he keeps it up will be an Eddie royal type of player in terms of hands and speed.
  4. Other items from the game: Beckett had some major "Kam" type of hits on the WRs, etc. to where you kind of held your breathe. I think one was on Pimpleton.

amszete

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also I was very impressed with the Athletic Dept. I can't remember if this was done before in previous years, but Cassell was made available to fans where you could walk directly onto the court, engage athletes current and alumni for autographs and we were able to check out the Indoor Practice Facility. They also have a fan day setup as well but this year it was lacking a little bit with things to do IMO compared to last year.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't go this year because of the weather. It sounds like Farley could be a real beast but can't really gather much about anything else. Hooker apparently looked good but mostly against back ups. I still think Jackson gets the job. I'm a bit worried that McMillan didn't look so hot. We really need a consistent RB

amszete

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say out of the Spring game the biggest thing that stands out was how big Bush looked. He just looked like a big ball of muscle.