• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vs. Detroit......Run The Ball

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroit's run defense has been awful.......They are giving up about 150 yards rushing per game.

And run play action pass......deep pass in the first quarter.....

The COWBOYS better win this game or.........

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroit's run defense has been awful.......They are giving up about 150 yards rushing per game.

And Detroit will put 8 in the box, man up our receivers, and dare us to throw the ball. If we can't throw the ball against press coverage, it's gonna be a long year

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Detroit will put 8 in the box, man up our receivers, and dare us to throw the ball. If we can't throw the ball against press coverage, it's gonna be a long year

I think just throwing up your hands and saying "oh there's 8 in the box, we can't run" is a defeatist attitude to take. Elliott and this line have had plenty of success running against stacked boxes over the past two seasons. Might be that we are seeing more stacked boxes this year, but it's not a hopeless situation and the Cowboys IMO have abandoned pounding the rock way too soon each of their 3 games this year. Over the past couple years when Dallas has had success they have pounded the rock, and even when they weren't having success they stuck with it - check the game logs / play by play from the last two years. IMO Dallas is giving up on the run way too early. Running the ball has a cumulative effect, and when you have a home run hitter like Elliott, gotta keep feeding him cause he might break the next one. I'm hoping to see 25 carries out of Elliott this week.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think just throwing up your hands and saying "oh there's 8 in the box, we can't run" is a defeatist attitude to take. Elliott and this line have had plenty of success running against stacked boxes over the past two seasons. Might be that we are seeing more stacked boxes this year, but it's not a hopeless situation and the Cowboys IMO have abandoned pounding the rock way too soon each of their 3 games this year. Over the past couple years when Dallas has had success they have pounded the rock, and even when they weren't having success they stuck with it - check the game logs / play by play from the last two years. IMO Dallas is giving up on the run way too early. Running the ball has a cumulative effect, and when you have a home run hitter like Elliott, gotta keep feeding him cause he might break the next one. I'm hoping to see 25 carries out of Elliott this week.
I think you're right and we can run vs 8 in a box. My comment was more toward Dak. I haven't given up on him, but this is what he's gonna see. Any other eight figure QB destroys the coverages he gets. When was the last time we put eight in the box and manned up vs Aaron Rodgers . Hell, against Stafford

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we have a top 3 pass D right now. Something better than you would think. And top 3 in sacks i think.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you're right and we can run vs 8 in a box. My comment was more toward Dak. I haven't given up on him, but this is what he's gonna see. Any other eight figure QB destroys the coverages he gets. When was the last time we put eight in the box and manned up vs Aaron Rodgers . Hell, against Stafford
Part of the issue to me is I think this team needs to get Dak a real QB coach. Moore should never have been given the job IMO. When you have a young QB that has so much to learn how can you possibly make that hire? And if we need more proof look at how much Rush regressed also. I was not a fan of Wilson, but it seems Moore is out of his league. Through 3 games Dak has pretty much regressed across the board. His footwork, his decision making, his poise in the pocket, his throwing technique and all of this has led to a regression in accuracy. I'm not totally blaming Moore, but the point is Dak needs someone to teach him and while it's tough to judge when you aren't there everyday to see....it sure seems Dak isn't getting the coaching he and every young QB needs. Dak's best QB coach since he has been here has been Sanchez...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Part of the issue to me is I think this team needs to get Dak a real QB coach. Moore should never have been given the job IMO. When you have a young QB that has so much to learn how can you possibly make that hire? And if we need more proof look at how much Rush regressed also. I was not a fan of Wilson, but it seems Moore is out of his league. Through 3 games Dak has pretty much regressed across the board. His footwork, his decision making, his poise in the pocket, his throwing technique and all of this has led to a regression in accuracy. I'm not totally blaming Moore, but the point is Dak needs someone to teach him and while it's tough to judge when you aren't there everyday to see....it sure seems Dak isn't getting the coaching he and every young QB needs. Dak's best QB coach since he has been here has been Sanchez...
Funny, after writing that I just saw this reminder of Sanchez helping Dak on Twitter this morning

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vs. Detroit......Run The Ball Detroit's run defense has been awful.......They are giving up about 150 yards rushing per game.

Good job. You've covered yourself to be able to complain either way. But, alas that is what you do best...

I said it before the season started.......The pass game was important, in order to set up the run game. Not the other way around. The COWBOYS were going to have to prove they could throw the ball.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe a good run game sets up the pass. We got zeke. It is time to throw more deep balls. Tavon,Thompson and Butler should all be on the field on occasion and spread out. This would open up the middle. It seems to me that Butler and dak have chemistry so I hopefully Butler is active soon.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroit is #1 vs the pass, dead last against the run. Even the Cowboys play callers should be able to dial up 25 carries for Zeke

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroit is #1 vs the pass, dead last against the run. Even the Cowboys play callers should be able to dial up 25 carries for Zeke

I swear if Dallas comes out and Dak throws the ball 35 times this week while Zeke only gets another 16 carries, I'm going down to The Star and protesting until Linehan gets fired.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I giving our staff a 35/65 chance

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I swear if Dallas comes out and Dak throws the ball 35 times this week while Zeke only gets another 16 carries, I'm going down to The Star and protesting until Linehan gets fired.

I will meet you there. Best friend lives 10 minutes away. Got place to sleep in between shifts.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will meet you there. Best friend lives 10 minutes away. Got place to sleep in between shifts.

Awesome!! I'll bring the pitch forks. Who's gonna get the torches?

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
152 yards on 25 carries for Zeke......team total of 183 yards rushing