• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vote for up to 5 NBA franchises to join the Lakers and Celtics as the top 7 most storied teams in NBA history.

Pick up to 5 teams to join the Lakers and Celtics as most storied NBA franchises.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did a college basketball score happen? Slow tempo, great defense, and poor offense, I'm guessing. I very rarely watch college basketball anymore. It just seems like college offenses are often aimless and directionless, and that they use up the whole shot clock and force a terrible shot when the shot clock is about to run out.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did a college basketball score happen? Slow tempo, great defense, and poor offense, I'm guessing.
The rules and officiating allowed much more aggressive defense, plus very few 3s taken, analytics hadn't yet figured out how to maximize scoring (no midrange, lots of 3s). The game is so much better now.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The rules and officiating allowed much more aggressive defense, plus very few 3s taken, analytics hadn't yet figured out how to maximize scoring (no midrange, lots of 3s). The game is so much better now.

Yeah, I think I remember that is when they first introduced zone defense in the NBA. Maybe it threw off offenses for a while. Still 66-64 is a bit extreme, which is why I called it a college basketball score.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm gonna say probably yes

His 2000 2001 season was something to behold. He averaged 24 shots a game (Jordan only did this twice and kobe once) while doing this in one of the slowest paced seasons in NBA history.

Needless to say I was thrilled when he was dealt for Rip.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pace and space seems so obvious now, but I guess it took a while for people to accept and perfect the concepts of someone like Don Nelson.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did a college basketball score happen? Slow tempo, great defense, and poor offense, I'm guessing. I very rarely watch college basketball anymore. It just seems like college offenses are often aimless and directionless, and that they use up the whole shot clock and force a terrible shot when the shot clock is about to run ouRIP.
I would not necessarily say aimless but they are not anywhere near as smooth. I suspect a lot of the decline is due to roster turnover and that the best teams are almost always packed with freshman and sophomores.

Which is why you see Villanova and Carolina do well as they have been more junior and senior led teams

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pace and space seems so obvious now, but I guess it took a while for people to accept and perfect the concepts of someone like Don Nelson.
Change in sports takes time, and there's always the old guard saying 'that's not real baseball/basketball/football'

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not necessarily say aimless but they are not anywhere near as smooth. I suspect a lot of the decline is due to roster turnover and that the best teams are almost always packed with freshman and sophomores.

Which is why you see Villanova and Carolina do well as they have been more junior and senior led teams

I don't watch it enough to be a good judge (as I rarely watch it), but in the few times I watched this past season, it seemed like most of the action was dribble, dribble, pass backwards or sideways, and the offense would then repeat this a few more times before hoisting up a tough shot at the end of the shot clock. It seems like college offenses don't do a good job of threatening the defense with their passing.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't watch it enough to be a good judge (as I rarely watch it), but in the few times I watched this past season, it seemed like most of the action was dribble, dribble, pass backwards or sideways, and the offense would then repeat this a few more times before hoisting up a tough shot at the end of the shot clock. It seems like college offenses don't do a good job of threatening the defense with their passing.
Used to love the NCAA tourney, don't even watch the sport at all anymore.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don't know that it's quite that bad but I will say whenever someone tells me they like the game play of college hoops better I give them the "serious Clark?" Look.

Tell me you like the tournament, the amateur aspect, the rivalries etc. Don't tell me you like the game itself better.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Used to love the NCAA tourney, don't even watch the sport at all anymore.

Me too. I was so into it in the '80s and '90s. Loved watching UNLV, Michigan's Fab Five. Even Cal had some fun teams, especially when Kidd was there. I loved to root against Duke teams.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me too. I was so into it in the '80s and '90s. Loved watching UNLV, Michigan's Fab Five. Even Cal had some fun teams, especially when Kidd was there. I loved to root against Duke teams.

My vote has and will continue to be to make kids who go to college commit to 2 seasons. Otherwise go straight to the nba or D league. Even the good kids who are nba prospects don't move the meter enough anymore to make a difference for college.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was there right before Kidd. Went to a ton of his games, he was so obviously better than everyone on the court. Still have the SI cover of him shooting over Hurley when they beat Duke to make the sweet 16

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously the Sixers.
Both the celtdicks and lakunts had to battle through to get to most of their titles.
4 of the greatest players ever Wilt, Moses, Julius, Iverson.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am going to put a vote for the Kings or the Clippers

You can’t tell the story of the NBA without a face for the irrelevant.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My vote has and will continue to be to make kids who go to college commit to 2 seasons. Otherwise go straight to the nba or D league. Even the good kids who are nba prospects don't move the meter enough anymore to make a difference for college.

This I like (and would be open to 3 seasons like football), but it's now even further complicated by the transfer portal. At the very least, they need to shutdown the portal during the season. My Syracuse Orange lost their top WR midseason to recruitment via the transfer portal.

There's too much money in college sports though. They'll fight, scratch, and claw to keep that college requirement in place, even if it's just for one season. Some have evaded it, but in very small numbers.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Circling back to this poll after the Finals. Some surprises for me:

1. Sixers finishing ahead of the Bulls. I voted for both.

2. Pistons tied with the Knicks. I voted for Pistons. I didn't vote for the Knicks, but I thought that the glamorous Knicks would get more votes.