• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Von Miller

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that the QB situation has been settled at a salary cap bonus. Does this mean Von Miller gets settled on his contract quickly?

I think so.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It might help .. I hope so I want Von running like he was shot out of a cannon..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this definitely helps. No more worrying about trying to figure out where you are going to get $7-11 million in cap space to sign a veteran QB. The team can be a bit more aggressive in offering him a contract knowing they have a low cost player at the QB position.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this definitely helps. No more worrying about trying to figure out where you are going to get $7-11 million in cap space to sign a veteran QB. The team can be a bit more aggressive in offering him a contract knowing they have a low cost player at the QB position.

It would seem that the Broncos could pay a little more for Von this year and lower the salary cap number in subsequent years - it helps a lot.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would seem that the Broncos could pay a little more for Von this year and lower the salary cap number in subsequent years - it helps a lot.

I would guess that this year they will keep it pretty close to what they have him at with $14 million. With him at that number we still only have $6 million in cap space and still have to sign our draft class, practice squad, and have a bit for emergency situations. The 2nd year is where I see they can give him a huge cap number though. Right now we are looking at having almost $81 million in cap space next year. That is tops in the entire league by quite a bit. So with all that cap space we can handle him having like a $25 million cap hit.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Von Miller: Master Instagram Troller

Von-Miller-Cam-Newton-Water-Polo.vadapt.664.high.53.jpg

Pay the man that OWNS Cam Newton.

jdlewis777

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Von Miller is awesome, really awesome... Something has been making me wonder.

Over the early part of his career he was not really a leader and in part that is why Ware was brought in, Woodyard and Trevathan have largely taken up that role over the last few years. Now they have each left and Ware is closer to the end of his term. I'm wondering if Miller will take on that role... But I noticed something... Most every significant Broncos player that tweets immediately sent out tweets welcoming Lynch, but not Miller who is active and posting self-promotional things. Now maybe he called or maybe the contract situation makes that awkward maybe, but I found it a little curious. Wondered why or if the face of the franchise had bothered to welcome a kid that is likely to also become a face of the franchise.

He has had some head scratcher knucklehead type things in his career, elite player, hopefully he embraces being a leader going forward and who knows how his teammates view him and those whispers may be nothing we aren't in the locker room so I don't know but had pondered that a little recently. Probably most likely much ado....