• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vinny Del ***** out ?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see Howard resigning with the Lakers, Pau Gasol getting traded to the Rockets for something like Thomas Robinson, Jeremy Lin (salary dump), and a draft pick.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would rather trade half the Lakers for CP3!

yes

Which half?

it doesnt matter, getting something for Howard and not having him on the team should be the Lakers 2 goals here. Unless they think they can have a fire sale and rebuild around Howard in 1 off season...Jerry could have done it.

Houston looks like the best place for Howard. Surrounded by shooters, coach is a big, they haven't dealt with his shit yet...

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Houston looks like the best place for Howard. Surrounded by shooters, coach is a big, they haven't dealt with his shit yet...
Can Houston get Howard without compromising their team? Howard + Harden with no help still leads to a first round exit for that team in the West

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can Houston get Howard without compromising their team? Howard + Harden with no help still leads to a first round exit for that team in the West

Yes they can. I think if they decline the team option on Garcia, they can sign Howard to a max salary. They would be fine for next season, but maybe not so much by the 2014/2015 season. Houston would have roughly $62 million tied up with Harden, Lin, Asik, and Howard with not much else to speak of. Both Lin and Asik have those "poison pill' contracts which balloon up in 2014/2015.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a good move letting Vinny go. He's a good coach but not a great coach. The team has championship aspirations and Vinny isn't capable of being that quality of coach. He never makes adjustments and seems to get lost in games managing his players minutes. He'd be a fine coach for a bad team looking to be respectable (like Detroit or someone like that). We saw that when he coached the Bulls. But as far as taking that next step, he doesn't have it.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and I do not think dropping Lin is much of a compromise :D

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as for clips, I think their roster is more the problem than the Coach.

You guys think Brooks will get fired?

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should hire Byron Scott... I believe he and CP3 were happy with each other...

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as for clips, I think their roster is more the problem than the Coach.

You guys think Brooks will get fired?
He won't have to face that same situation again and hopefully he learned from it. I would keep him because no prospective coaches really jump out at me for OKC. The more time they waste getting acclimated to a new system the smaller their window gets to win a ring.

RedRum

You Cant Handle the Truth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
H The more time they waste getting acclimated to a new system the smaller their window gets to win a ring.

:lame:

Oh yeah..bunch of old men at OKC... Durant the old man at 24 , Russell that other old fart is almost 25.. Ibaka is over the hill at 23....

Yep, that window is closing soon Montsho .:wtf2:

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lame:

Oh yeah..bunch of old men at OKC... Durant the old man at 24 , Russell that other old fart is almost 25.. Ibaka is over the hill at 23....

Yep, that window is closing soon Montsho .:wtf2:
I'm not talking about their age. I'm talking about the rest of the NBA improving, injuries and trades etc. OKC does not exist in a vacuum. Other factors play into this as well.

RedRum

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the NBA right now is there for the takingfor them? There are 2-3 teams better than them in the West ..another 2-3 teams better than them in the EAST....

A new system has worked before for other teams with less talent...even mediocre coaches like SPO can win a title as long as they have great players...

and so big of you to worry about the Thunder to get better and win a ring..LMAO

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the NBA right now is there for the takingfor them? There are 2-3 teams better than them in the West ..another 2-3 teams better than them in the EAST....

A new system has worked before for other teams with less talent...even mediocre coaches like SPO can win a title as long as they have great players...

and so big of you to worry about the Thunder to get better and win a ring..LMAO
OKC may not have a lock on the title but they are/were one of the teams that had a legit chance to win. 2-3 teams being better than them in the West is up for debate not a certainty. No team is guaranteed to win a title as the window can be slammed shut immediately for the reasons I listed earlier. OKC is one of my favorite teams so yes I do pay attention to their situation.

LAKERSUSCBAM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
get the feeling that saying buh-bye to Harden will haunt this franchise even with a healthy Westbrook. Maybe they need a few more tough L's in playoffs to get it with this group. They've been pegged the heir apparent to Lakers and Spurs but have got nothing to show for it. And Durant was spent without Westbrook at the ripe age of 24. Yea rubbing it in for those Kobe detractors who complained about his game at 30+ years of age doing what he did in our last two title runs, LOL.

RedRum

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much you want to bet VD getting fired has more to do with the Clips keeping CP3 than the botched coaching job?

Hey MOntsho ,,check this out:

We reported yesterday that the Clippers fired Del *****, and that Chris Paul was most likely the reason why. Well, according to a story courtesy T.J. Simers of the Los Angeles Times, Clippers owner Donald Sterling, basically admitted that Paul had something to do with Del *****’s dismissal.
“The coach is a wonderful man, and I’m sad about the whole thing,” Sterling said.
“Was this done,” I asked, “just to hang on to Chris Paul?”
“I always want to be honest and not say anything that is not true,” Sterling said. “So I’d rather not say anything.
“But you know, the coach did a really good job. I think he did. And I liked working with him. There are just factors that make life very complicated and very challenging.”

Paul obviously felt that Del ***** wasn’t up to the task of taking the Clippers to the next level

RedRum

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I knew it!! I wonder if this slides off CP3 like the Monica incident did for Clinton?

CP3 is like teflon. Forced his way out of New Orleans. An elite player who has yet to win anything. Now he is a likely coach killer. No one says a word though.

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CP3 is like teflon. Forced his way out of New Orleans. An elite player who has yet to win anything. Now he is a likely coach killer. No one says a word though.

Vinny Del ***** is an absolutely atrocious coach. The Clippers would have been making a huge mistake if they had extended his contract.