• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vinny Del ***** out ?

RedRum

You Cant Handle the Truth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vinny Del *****’s third season as Los Angeles Clippers coach was arguably his best, but according to a Yahoo! Sports report, Del *****, whose three-year contract expires at the end of June, was told by the team that he will not be offered a new deal.
The Clippers did not make an announcement and did not respond to an email requesting more information.

The Clippers won a franchise-record 56 games during the regular season and captured the team's first division title but lost to the Memphis Grizzlies in the first round of the playoffs.

Among the rumored replacements for Del ***** are Grizzlies coach Lionel Hollins and Golden State Warriors assistant Michael Malone.

RedRum

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN LA RADIO reporting PHIL JACKSON as a candidate??? among a list of about 10 more coaches. No way Sterling has the money to pay Phil.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone has to take the fall. Loser of the Clippers/Grizzlies series was losing its coach.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN LA RADIO reporting PHIL JACKSON as a candidate??? among a list of about 10 more coaches. No way Sterling has the money to pay Phil.

Not that it necessarily means anything, but on Dan Patrick this morning Phil said that he is done coaching and he also said that he has never been contacted by the Clippers!!

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much you want to bet VD getting fired has more to do with the Clips keeping CP3 than the botched coaching job?

RedRum

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much you want to bet VD getting fired has more to do with the Clips keeping CP3 than the botched coaching job?

Then a big name coach has to be the replacement or at least a coach that CP3 is "okay" with.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nothing, because you are likely right!! Although, I think the biggest issue for the Clippers wasn't so much their coach as it was the way that they are constructed.

They seem like a team that was built to do exactly what they did, win in the regular season. During the regular season, that whole up and down, "lob city" thing worked for them. It got them their best season in their history and their first Pacific Division title.

Unfortunately for them, the playoffs are a different animal and they just weren't built for it and outside of the Spurs, the Grizzlies were the worst possible matchup for them.

Also, and this is going to seem odd, I think that they may have been too deep. They had so many guys who could play and needed/wanted minutes, that it had to have been very difficult to keep everyone happy and to allow players the time to get into the flow of the game. Towards the end of the season and during the playoffs, there were rumors that there were issues in the Clippers locker room. One wonders if that may have been the result of players not getting enough time on the floor?

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's what I think as well. CP3 wants a different coach. The Clippers want to resign him so bye-bye VDN. Similar situation to that other Los Angeles team.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing, because you are likely right!! Although, I think the biggest issue for the Clippers wasn't so much their coach as it was the way that they are constructed.

They seem like a team that was built to do exactly what they did, win in the regular season. During the regular season, that whole up and down, "lob city" thing worked for them. It got them their best season in their history and their first Pacific Division title.

Unfortunately for them, the playoffs are a different animal and they just weren't built for it and outside of the Spurs, the Grizzlies were the worst possible matchup for them.

Also, and this is going to seem odd, I think that they may have been too deep. They had so many guys who could play and needed/wanted minutes, that it had to have been very difficult to keep everyone happy and to allow players the time to get into the flow of the game. Towards the end of the season and during the playoffs, there were rumors that there were issues in the Clippers locker room. One wonders if that may have been the result of players not getting enough time on the floor?
How would Lakers fan like getting half of the Clippers in exchange for Howard?

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Because his ass is and always will be cheap.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You are right! But the cavs fired Mike Brown and the Magic fired Stan to try to keep Lebron and Howard and it didnt work out. So LA jv team better hope it dont turn out like that.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think its more of this and less of them being 'too deep'. Their bench wasnt half as good as their bench was last year. The problem with the Clippers right now is that Blake Griffin and DeAndre Jordan haven't developed their game enough

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are right! But the cavs fired Mike Brown and the Magic fired Stan to try to keep Lebron and Howard and it didnt work out. So LA jv team better hope it dont turn out like that.
Thats why I asked the Howard question. I see a sign and trade coming possibly?

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the S&T is available anymore for teams over the salary cap.
I think Vitamike or someone else told me that back on CBS. Totally forgot about that. This is going to be interesting then.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Vitamike or someone else told me that back on CBS. Totally forgot about that. This is going to be interesting then.

No doubt. He either resigns with the Lakers or signs elsewhere. I think they still could have used the S&T up until this season's trade deadline. That has obviously passed.