• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vincent Jackson Found dead at 38

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People who are found dead in hotel rooms usually die to some sort of drug use.
Where he was staying is the Hilton version of longterm hotels.

Homewood Suites are essentially upscale apartments. One of the few places I never have came to hate when living on the road.

He didn’t die in some seedy Super8 or anything. But I don’t disagree with your statement. It’s a very odd situation for a man who seems to have never had any outstanding issues.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Given the source, this is going to fall on deaf ears. Leaf had the world as his oyster, he fucked all of that up with his own actions during his career and made bad decisions in his post career. He was a drug runner.

I feel for Vincent and his family, but the NFL can't hire private security and counselors for every at risk player after their career to keep them from making poor decisions. Grown men (especially pro athletes) don't accept babysitting.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The family of late Buccaneers and Chargers wide receiver Vincent Jackson told the Hillsborough County Sherriff's Office that they believe he was suffering from "chronic alcoholism" and concussions at the time of his death, the sheriff's office said Wednesday.

SecondOpinion

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where he was staying is the Hilton version of longterm hotels.

Homewood Suites are essentially upscale apartments. One of the few places I never have came to hate when living on the road.

He didn’t die in some seedy Super8 or anything. But I don’t disagree with your statement. It’s a very odd situation for a man who seems to have never had any outstanding issue
Yeah hate to break to you dude most OD'd rock stars didnt die in a Motel 8........

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leaf is probably right overall, but I don't know that there were known warning signs about Jackson and his mental health. This seemed to shock most people and that tells me maybe few knew about whatever problems he was having after football.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who's Ryan Leaf?

He played for your team.

Quarterback-Ryan-Leaf-Dallas-Cowboy.jpg

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess they better start making players sign waivers before entering the league. Continue protocols as they are doing to help try to protect them best they can but you have to know as a player you are putting yourself at risk. Same way with a coal miner does in the bowels of a deep dark mine. There are inherent risks to each profession. Should a truck drivers family be able to sign his employer because he died on the job out on the highways due to other peoples negligence? I am just saying.

There is a lot of risk getting hit by men who are 250 pounds, run 4.45 40's and hit like trucks on a regular basis. More leg injuries than ever before because guys are being told to go for the lower body when you hit someone. So at some point there will be no point in playing football because they will have to go to flags. Put things in place to help guys, but you can only do so much before the game is not even worth playing, at least for the defense.